It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AegisFang

I saw a video of him playing Dungeons and Dragons. He played a rogue. It was funny.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Necronomicon-

The best weird tales of H.P. Lovecraft

Yay!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

Is it any good? If so, I might get it.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yeah, I thought it was really good. Different from other books I've read by Stephen King.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Christmas season, bored as hell. So I stopped by the local book store mostly just to browse and maybe buy something. I ended up just browsing a lot, but eventually I picked up this book. Why Does The World Exist? by Jim Holt, It was in the philosophy section, and it was either this or a book on Socrates or a South Park philosophy book, I read a few pages of that book, it was pretty amusing. But this one stood out more, plus its supposed to be a book of the year thing or something, even has a sticker saying that. So it should be good.

Another book I picked up is Horns by Joe Hill. I passed by this book a few times, it was on sale, and eventually nothing else interested me and I only noticed it to begin with because I saw a movie preview for this book months and months ago. But I never seen the movie, so I was like. Ah what the hell.

Here is the movie trailer.

Other then that. I have a lot of time on my hands, to much really. So I restarted reading the Wheel Of Time books again, I am up to book 11 so far, and will probably finish the others in the series before I begin these other book. And re-reading that series, man I have been thinking if somebody tried to do a video game or a movie out of it...Dam it would be a lot of work, and if it was a movie it would be long as hell. Longer then the lord of the rings and hobbit trilogies movies, and the James Clavell's shogun book and movie adaptation all put together. Though some of the things in those books like I see as pretty hard to do in move or videogame adaptation, and even if they do somebody will complain that it was not like in the books.
edit on 8pmWednesdaypm242014f3pmWed, 24 Dec 2014 20:59:07 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm reading Inferno by Dan Brown.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I love the book. I also liked Heart Shaped Box.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well it should be entertaining at the least< I am already wondering whats with the horns? And that's just from watching that preview of the movie.

Will stay away from the movie till after I have read the book, then you know, at the very least can then complain that the movie was not as good as the book.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I won't tell you about the horns because I don't want to spoil the story for you. In case you didn't know, that's Stephen King's son.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh man for a second there I thought you meant the actor in the movie. But I goggled it up> And, Oh OK! Your talking about the author of the book...Makes sense I suppose, the guy even looked like that Steven King guy in the wiki I looked at, only less googly eyed and has a cool beard.

Oh man this book better not by like his old mans. I mean I keep telling myself I am going to finish the gunslinger books, but I never get around to it, and if I do it wont be for a while. Though last book I read of king's was pretty cool, under the dome. But if this is like his old mans and it turns out that some mysterious stranger/evil is behind things and turns up in a bunch of books of his in different incarnations.

I am going to be totally disappointed, hopefully the mystery of the horns turns out to be because he got kidnapped by aliens from the planet Dinky who look like dolphins and visited earth and they decided to play a prank on him, so they grafted some horns on his head and mysteriously make things happen in his life from space. Not some bland constant incarnation of evil which crops over and over in new looks, its so overdone you know.

Oh ya! Plus it would be more surprising and plot twisty and stuff. But I will see, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Wow lol. It's nothing like that. I won't tell though. You can't make me. I will tell you that his work is a little like his dad's but mostly he has his own style. Owen King, Stephen King's other son, also writes. I haven't read any of his stuff yet. You might want to check out Tabitha King's work, too. That's Stephen King's wife. It's a very talented family lol.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I never knew the whole family were writers. But gain it makes sense, its generally the way of things. Though as of now I am still reading the wheel of time books. But I read them before, and will probably start on this Horns book, just to see what its about.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

He has a daughter but I think she's a minister. Not sure if she writes. Stephen and Tabitha also own a radio station or two, or did the last I heard.
You won't regret reading Horns. Here's Joe Hill's site so you can check his other work out.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I've just started reading Night Shift by Stephen King.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've just started reading Nightmares & Dreamscapes by Stephen King.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Currently reading this thread.

:-D

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just finished reading "Unbroken", a very powerful and well written book.
Now starting "American Sniper"

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Valis, by Phillip K Dick. My mind feels full trying to read it, especially since I read 2001 just before it. Both are incredible and very eye opening (third eye opening, even).

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I am reading The Call of the Wild by Jack London.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Re-reading the Watchtower series, hoping for a movie.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join