It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just finishing up The Dice Man By Luke Rhinehart. It's pretty entertaining and thought provoking.

I have a taste for '70's novels, which mix existentialism with humorous (probably drug induced) themes.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've started "Glow" by Amy Kathleen Ryan today.

It's... well, it's interesting, I guess. It's not bad or anything like that, its universe is a nice, though not original, idea. I'm just not sure yet if it'll develop into something more or if it'll be a "silly" book. We'll see...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Sixth Extinction

Elizabeth Kolbert

Subject: How man is destroying the planet

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs by Hunter S Thompson.

Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs is a book written by counterculture icon Hunter S. Thompson, first published in 1966 by Random House.

It was widely lauded for its up-close and uncompromising look at the Hells Angels motorcycle club, during a time when the gang was highly feared and accused of numerous criminal activities. The New York Times described Thompson's portrayal as "a world most of us would never dare encounter."[3][4]

It was Thompson's first published book and his first attempt at a nonfiction novel.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Good one. I read that a long time ago. definitely a good one. Don;t even forget Fear and loathing Campaign trail, and Fear and loathing in Las Vegas.

"Where the Buffalo Roam" is a Bill Murray Movie that catches the just of his work pretty well. Well, sort of well…

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hunter S Thompson is one of my favorites! The book has been sitting on the bookshelf for like 6 years, completely forgot I had it until after the earthquake. It was buried in the back, lol.

I'm still laughing about the tire gauge!!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Rereading one of my favorites, Women by Charles Bukowski

Goodness can be found sometimes in the middle of hell.

Charles Bukowski, Women
edit on 12-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've started reading The Lords of Salem by Rob Zombie & B.K. Evenson.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
People keep mentioning Richard Preston's "The Hot Zone" when they're talking about Ebola, so I decided to check it out. I'm almost done with it, and wow... amazing book, great work, lots of research and he writes well... but also terrifying, considering our current situation.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

It is set in the middle of the 12th century, primarily during the Anarchy, between the time of the sinking of the White Ship and the murder of Thomas Becket.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Finally reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Growing up with it on our shelves, I never wanted to read it because it seemed a trendy thing to do. Only a few pages in and really liking it!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
People keep mentioning Richard Preston's "The Hot Zone" when they're talking about Ebola, so I decided to check it out. I'm almost done with it, and wow... amazing book, great work, lots of research and he writes well... but also terrifying, considering our current situation.

Finished it... that was creepy. I learnt a lot, though, so it was good.

Now I'm reading "Viagem Solitária" (lonely trip). It's a book about the first trans man here in Brazil, written by the man himself. Only read about fifty pages so far, but it's really good. As a trans man myself, this book really speaks to me in a way I just can't describe.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The Poetry of Robert Frost: The Collected Poems, Complete and Unabridged by Robert Frost

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The Bible. I have never read it and since there is so much fuss about it, I figured i would give it a shot.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm reading Kick Back by Val McDermid.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've just started reading Crack Down by Val mcDermid.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm reading The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Kabbalsit by Dov Silverman

Just finished A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius: A Memoir Based on.. by Dave Eggers

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oddly.....nothing. Life has been so damn busy lately. I have been wanting to get to Mr. Mercedes though.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Finished Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts and LOVED it!

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join