It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I am currently reading Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I am reading The Ruins by Scott Smith.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I've just started reading The Five by Robert McCammon.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonna

The Art of War....a classic!!

Currently.... ATS and the LOL thread!.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
American Prometheus

Martin J. Sherwin

Subject: J. Robert Oppenheimer

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just started reading a book my mom has been attempting to make me read for years, lol. It's her favorite series and a new show Outlander. The show has been really good so far, my husband is even a fan.

So...I finally pulled the book Outlander by Diana Gabaldon off the bookshelf last night, it's been a fun read and nice escape from real life.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Got the suggestion to read "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon from this forum- it was a great read!!

Currently reading "Stone Junction" by Jim Dodge- absolutely love it!

Reminds me of another one of my favorites, "The Magus" by John Fowles

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Party of One: The Loners' Manifesto

Anneli Rufus

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My girlfriend gave me Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, and Survivor, by Chuck Palahniuk, for my birthday.

I've started Brave New World already. Only read about twenty pages, but really interesting so far.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've finished Brave New World today. LOVED it!

And I've started Survivor already. About forty pages in and really into it.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am currently reading Teatro Grottesco by Thomas Ligotti. It is a weird fiction short story collection. Thomas Ligotti is a modern day Lovecraft. I can not believe I did not read his stuff sooner. He gives me that same feeling I got, when I first read Lovecraft as a teenager. He also does it without directly copying Lovecraft, like so many weird fiction writers do.

The only reason I found out about him. Is because I just finished watching True Detective. After finishing it I read the Wiki page for True Detective. To find out about the writer. Well on the Wiki page it said that some people have noticed word for word similarities between some of the dialogue in that show with the works of Thomas Ligotti. I loved True Detective. So thought I would give the guy they ripped off a shot lol.

I also read Robert Chambers The King In Yellow because of True Detective. It was the book I read right before Teatro Grottesco. I have been on a short story horror/weird fiction kick.
edit on 12-9-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just pulled Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff off the bookshelf this afternoon. It has been sitting there for over two years, totally forgot I had it until a couple of weeks ago.

Plan to start Cleopatra this afternoon to pass the time until book two of the Outlander series, Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon arrives in the mail.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King, be reading The Shining after im done with mercedes.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I am reading Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
My girlfriend gave me Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, and Survivor, by Chuck Palahniuk, for my birthday.

I've started Brave New World already. Only read about twenty pages, but really interesting so far.

originally posted by: LukeDAP
I've finished Brave New World today. LOVED it!

And I've started Survivor already. About forty pages in and really into it.

Survivor was really interesting as well! Brave New World was definitely better, though. Quite creepy, both of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
About to open up book 2 in the Outlander series, Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Today I started reading that book Wool by Hugh Howey which I bought some months ago, I even posted about it in this thread some months back. I believe as one of two books which I more or less randomly picked up one day at the bookstore because they might be entertaining reads.

I never really had the time or inclination to read it before, its been laying about here and there on my desk or the floor here and there all over the place. But now that I am a bit into it, though I even predicted to myself the beginning plot while reading the book, I thought to myself, "OK mister possible main protagonist the world may be more green as you assumed, and its all fake display projection on the big screen window in there, but what if your headpiece on that suit that your wearing may also be misinterpreting things?"

And well contrary to that surprising not all that surprising plot twist. It did leave me surprised, even though I sort of guessed at it. But in all, I got to say I am more intrigued on this whole world of Wool, and in continuing the story to find out what the hell is going on. So far its been a pretty engrossing book, or at least as far as I read into it, and its got me looking forward to see what this whole thing is about.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I am reading Stranded by Val McDermid.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've just started reading Black Sunday by Thomas Harris.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I just finished The Door Into Summer by Robert A. Heinlein.
It is defiantly one of the better time travel stories and very fun also .
It amazes me that this was first published in 1957 and also was written in just 13 days.
www.tor.com...
edit on 29-9-2014 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join