What are you currently reading?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I am currently reading Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I am reading The Ruins by Scott Smith.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I've just started reading The Five by Robert McCammon.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonna

The Art of War....a classic!!

Currently.... ATS and the LOL thread!.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
American Prometheus

Martin J. Sherwin

Subject: J. Robert Oppenheimer

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just started reading a book my mom has been attempting to make me read for years, lol. It's her favorite series and a new show Outlander. The show has been really good so far, my husband is even a fan.

So...I finally pulled the book Outlander by Diana Gabaldon off the bookshelf last night, it's been a fun read and nice escape from real life.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Got the suggestion to read "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon from this forum- it was a great read!!

Currently reading "Stone Junction" by Jim Dodge- absolutely love it!

Reminds me of another one of my favorites, "The Magus" by John Fowles

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Party of One: The Loners' Manifesto

Anneli Rufus

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My girlfriend gave me Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, and Survivor, by Chuck Palahniuk, for my birthday.

I've started Brave New World already. Only read about twenty pages, but really interesting so far.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've finished Brave New World today. LOVED it!

And I've started Survivor already. About forty pages in and really into it.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am currently reading Teatro Grottesco by Thomas Ligotti. It is a weird fiction short story collection. Thomas Ligotti is a modern day Lovecraft. I can not believe I did not read his stuff sooner. He gives me that same feeling I got, when I first read Lovecraft as a teenager. He also does it without directly copying Lovecraft, like so many weird fiction writers do.

The only reason I found out about him. Is because I just finished watching True Detective. After finishing it I read the Wiki page for True Detective. To find out about the writer. Well on the Wiki page it said that some people have noticed word for word similarities between some of the dialogue in that show with the works of Thomas Ligotti. I loved True Detective. So thought I would give the guy they ripped off a shot lol.

I also read Robert Chambers The King In Yellow because of True Detective. It was the book I read right before Teatro Grottesco. I have been on a short story horror/weird fiction kick.
edit on 12-9-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just pulled Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff off the bookshelf this afternoon. It has been sitting there for over two years, totally forgot I had it until a couple of weeks ago.

Plan to start Cleopatra this afternoon to pass the time until book two of the Outlander series, Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon arrives in the mail.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join