It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I've just stared reading Doctor Sleep by Stephen King.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am on The Unquiet Mind by Kay Jamison

it's an amazing look at what mania and depression can do to you

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I've just stared reading The Dark Half by Stephen King.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonna

Currently finishing up The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman, loved it! Won't post the description as I'm not sure if the material that's in the description would be against the T&C
Highly recommend this book!

Just started The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell. So far so good, it's the first in a series.

In the middle years of the ninth-century, the fierce Danes stormed onto British soil, hungry for spoils and conquest.
Kingdom after kingdom fell to the ruthless invaders until but one realm remained. And suddenly the fate of all England—and the course of history—depended upon one man, one king.

The Last Kingdom

edit on 13-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Right now I am reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series, for the 4th time. Crossing fingers GRRM finishes Winds of Winter ASAP!

A Song of Ice and Fire is a series of epic fantasy novels written by American novelist and screenwriter George R. R. Martin. Martin began the first volume of the series, A Game of Thrones, in 1991. He published it in 1996. Martin gradually extended his originally intended trilogy to seven volumes, the fifth of which, A Dance with Dragons, took him five years to write before its publication in 2011. Martin's work on his sixth, The Winds of Winter, is still underway.

asoiaf

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well this thread is always good for getting some ideas on what to pick up when I have some time to kill. Seeing that in a week or so, I will probably have a day or two to myself, definitely thinking on reading some of these books. That or like the poster above me did, re-reading the a song of ice and fire series, or game of thrones as its known.

It would do well what with the new season that's running. I just watched the first two episodes of the new season some days ago and it made me want to get back into that storyline. It was never my favorite in fact all those supposedly main charters always dropping dead left and right makes for some twisty plot-lines and depressing overtones, but its entertaining none the less, especially when you spot things that differ or they changed in the series from the original plot in the books, or when some scenes differ in a completely different way of what you had in your head while reading the books, and actually seeing it on screen.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am reading The Gunslinger by Stephen King.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've just started reading Northanger Abbey by Val McDermid.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Foucault's Pendulum

Umberto Eco

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've just started reading The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Re-reading one of my favorite series by Sharon Kay Penman, a trilogy of thirteenth century England and Wales, The Welsh Princes Series. The first book in the series is 'Here Be Dragons' and I just started it this morning, for the umpteenth time.

Here Be Dragons is a historical novel written by Sharon Kay Penman published in 1985. The novel is the first in a trilogy[1] known as the Welsh Princes series set in medieval England, Wales and France that feature the Plantagenet kings.
Penman is known for providing accurate descriptions of historical events and creating strong characterisations.

I highly recommend this series to anyone with a love for historical fiction.
Book 1: Here Be Dragons
Book 2: Falls The Shadow
Book 3: The Reckoning

Side note, she's also an awesome person too! I was Facebook friends with her (when I had FB) and she sent me a message after I had my hip replacement wishing me well.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"Preparing to Die" - Practical advice and spiritual wisdom from the Tibetan Buddhist Tradition. By Andrew Holecek.

That sounds morbid, but it's not. As Plato said - 'practice dying'. Buddhist and Catholic teaching both says that people should prepare for their end moments ahead of time. That way, when the time comes, it should be a smoother transition.

I think it's a really good book for anyone of any faith or spiritual philosophy. There are things in there that nearly everyone can get something from.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I've just started reading The Waste Lands by Stephen King.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Throughout my life, I have always been interested in herbal and medicinal properties of plants, so I have just finished reading "Indian Use of Wild Plants for Crafts, Food, Medicine and Charms", by F. Densmore.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I am currently reading The Talisman by Stephen King/Peter Straub.

I am about a quarter of the way through and it's pretty awesome so far.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Seems pretty much every time I pick up something to read it most likely a adventure or fantasy sci fi book. I read this book Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson some days ago, I picked it up because I read the first book like a year ago and a few other books by the author some years ago and they were all entertaining. He even completed one of my favorite series the wheel of time after the original author passed away, and he did a pretty good job at that and emulating the original author Robert Jordans writing style and storyarc, so much so that you would not know that the last books in that series were written by somebody else, though in some parts and characters you can really tell. Words of Radiance was pretty good story, it covered a lot of things but it read like one big adventure which I liked, it gets kind of old when people try to install some sort of lesson or philosophy or what not into there books, you got to really appreciate when people just stick to story telling and forget all that, and at 700 something pages the first and second book would keep people occupied, I would recommend them both.

I also bought two other books both sci fi or adventures, Wool by Hugh Howey and Faerie Tale by Raymond E. Feist hopefully they will keep me busy and occupied for a while, if not the boredom will set in, and then. It would suck, hopefully it wont get to the point were I start reading text books again, but if I do I will probably start reading chemistry and biology text books the stories in them are much more fun to read though there is a lot of flaws in them, and because math text books just have no story plot twists in them. I mean really! You know your bored and have nothing to do when reading old school text books starts to sound like it might be a fun way to spend an afternoon.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just started reading Wizard and Glass by Stephen King.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just started reading Behold a Pale Horse.

I've been meaning to read that book for the last 10 years or so, finally picked it up. Just finished the foreword, seems like it's going to be an interesting read.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm reading Animal Farm by George Orwell.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join