It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Im once again reading The Decline of the West... just seeing if my thoughts have changed concerning the opinions of this book from the last time I read it when younger.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This is eight kinds of stereotypical, but Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. It was really dense the first time, but I'm enjoying it a lot more on the second read-through.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The Clockwork Gift by Claire Crowther, a British poet. I came across a review in a journal a while back and had been meaning to read this. Pretty good.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm reading The Stand by Stephen King.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (now that it's in paperback).

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Read Rise Againby Ben Tripp recently. Good book about an Iraq war vet/cop who has to deal with a runaway sister while keeping the survivors of her town safe during and after a zombie plague. pretty stereotypical zombie stuff but some interesting twists added to the zombie lore - just enough to make it worthwhile.

Currently reading Savages by Don Winslow. tells the tale of best friends/dope dealers and their fight with a mexican drug cartel. It's great, so far. Stephen King had it listed on his best of the year compilation and, I've found, we seem to like a lot of the same books.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Nice, will have to pick that up, as I'm becoming quite the zombie book collector, hehe. We even have an annual zombie book that is a collection of short stories, set in my town, coming out each year. This year will be the second book..the first one was great. It's fun to read about stories that take place near recognizable local landmarks.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

you did read World War Z, right?

of not, I will not speak with you until you have.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I just finished "American Conspiracies" by Jesse Ventura.

Now I'm reading, "On Writing" by Stephen King.
edit on 17-12-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I was reading Stephen King's Under the Dome for the I don't know how many times. Then, I saw Full Dark, No Stars, his new one when I was at the library. So, now, I'm reading that. So far, so good.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

you did read World War Z, right?

of not, I will not speak with you until you have.

Not only have I read it, but I've even got it on CD, and listen to it occasionally in the car, hehe...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
For One More Day by Mitch Albom

A man attempts suicide because his life is in shambles, the attempt fails and he wakes to find that his dead mother is alive right in front of him, living, and going about her day as if nothing is out of the ordinary.

Its a very interesting book, and it begs the question, if you could get one more day with the person you loved the most, how would you spend it? What would you do?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
A Soldier of the Great War by Mark Helprin. It's about a World War I veteran who tells his life story to a young man. The old man explains what he learned about life, death and beauty.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I just finished "the emerald tablets of thoth" and i started "secret Greece" a compilation of essays about everything supernatural,urban legends etc that we have here in Greece.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Monster Hunter International - Larry Correia

On one otherwise normal Tuesday evening I had the chance to live the American dream. I was able to throw my incompetent jackass of a boss from a fourteenth-story window.

Now, I didn't just wake up that morning and decide that I was going to kill my boss with my bare hands. It really was much more complicated than that. In my life up to that point I would never have even considered something that sounded so crazy. I was just a normal guy, a working stiff. Heck, I was an accountant. It doesn't get much more mundane than that.

That one screwed-up event changed my life. Little did I realize that turning my boss into sidewalk pizza would have so many bizarre consequences. Well, technically, he did not actually hit the sidewalk. He landed on the roof of a double-parked Lincoln Navigator, but I digress.

My name is Owen Zastava Pitt and this is my story.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Rain Storm a John Rain novel by Barry Eisler. John Rain is a Japanese/American assassin with a specialty in making his victims appear to have died of natural causes. John Rain is a total badass, definitely a fun read !

Before that it was Wicked Prey a Lucas davenport novel by John Sandford, the Davenport novels are great crime reads !

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey.

Second only to Desert Solataire, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonna

"Missing Time" by Budd Hopkins (alien abduction case studies under hypnosis and memory recovery)

I also want to get into Buddhism... "Tibetan Book of the Dead" is on my list.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Currently I have a few going on, cant help it!

The Shiva Option , David Weber and Steve White , Military scifi
Accelerando , Charles Stross, scifi, cyberpunk, really great ideas.
A Fire Upon the Deep, Vernor Vinge, intelligent alien 'dog' packs
Impact , Douglas Preston, meteor hits Earth story.

and I have more on the way, thank you Amazon!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Currently reading "The Great God Pan"

It's wonderful.

One of the pioneering "horror" stories.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join