It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I just ran out of Medieval/Ancient Rome novels so I'm going through KayEm's copy of The Godfather.

It's pretty good too - I've never seen the film all the way through but will definitely do so when I've finished the book.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
....I've never seen the film all the way through....

- lol - Finish the book!!

A professor from here at FSU, Mike Weingardner (sp?) was officially selected to take over the story for the next Godfather book....interested to see what happens....

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Currently reading:
Dark Tower II: Drawing of the 3 by Stephen King
Babylon Rising by Tim LaHaye
and am about to start Glorious Appearing by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins
Also, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, on a recommendation by some co-workers...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am currently illiterate! so i am reading(well looking at the pics) in this months Knave edition!!(j/k)

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Currently Reading:

- "Underworld: The Mysterious Origins of Civilisation" by Graham Hancock

- "A People's History of the United States: 1492-Present" by Howard Zinn

Waiting in the wings:

- "Pirates and Emperors, Old and New: International Terrorism in the Real World" by Noam Chomsky

- "Moby Dick" by Herman Melville

- "Les structures sociales de l'economie" by Pierre Bourdieu

and

- "Les nouveau maitres du monde: et ceux qui leur resistent" by Jean Ziegler

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Darkness at Noon by Arthur Koestler.

A damn good classic piece of literature.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
im reading the bear and the dragon by tom clancy it is a slow book.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Currently Reading "Pale Blue Dot" by Carl Sagan.

In a tour of our solar system, galaxy and beyond, Cornell astronomer Sagan meshes a history of astronomical discovery, a cogent brief for space exploration and an overview of life-from its origins in the oceans to humanity's first emergence to a projected future where humans "terraform" and settle other planets and asteroids, Earth having long been swallowed by the sun. Maintaining that such relocation is inevitable, the author further argues that planetary science is of practical utility, fostering an interdisciplinary approach to looming environmental catastrophes such as "nuclear winter" (lethal cooling of Earth after a nuclear war, a widely accepted prediction first calculated by Sagan in 1982). His exploration of our place in the universe is illustrated with photographs, relief maps and paintings, including high-resolution images made by Voyager 1 and 2, as well as photos taken by the Galileo spacecraft, the Hubble Space Telescope and satellites orbiting Earth, which show our planet as a pale blue dot. A worthy sequel to Sagan's Cosmos

www.amazon.com...=1092795894/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-4582827-0318354?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

[Edited on 17-8-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here's what is currently on the back of my toilet and bedside table:

Table:
Most recent issue of Biblical Archaeology Review

"Magic and Mystery in Tibet" -Alexandra David-Neel. (A classic I've read a dozen times)

The Jewish Alchemists - Patai

The Holy Kabbalah - A.E. Waite

Over the toilet:

The Wall Street Journal Guide to Understanding money and Investing

Spin Selling -David Rackham

Macroeconomics, Second Edition -Ekelund and Tollison

John Dunne: The Complete English Poems (Penguin Classics edition)

Robert Fludd: Essential Readings -William H. Huffman

The Alchemist's Handbook -Frater Albertus

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, sadly to say, I'm not reading much of...*cough* worth.

Almost done re-reading the Legends trilogy out of the Dragonlance series. Venerable, I know. And kinda awkward, but it's...okay. Good read, but not great. Now, Stormblade and Vinas Solamnus? Great fantasy reads. All Dragonlance.

I'd be corign through some delightful cyberpunk, but I lent out both Bodyguard by Dietz and Burning Chrome by Gibson. Re-read the entire Last Legion series already this summer, as well as most of my Shadowrun books. Shamefully, reading is what I've been doing instead of writing.

Bought up four of the Hunter: The Reckoning creedbooks (Visionary, Martyr, Avenger and Defender, if you're wondering). White Wolf certainly knows how to create good fiction....even if it's only fluff.

I'm waiting to see if I can grab more Gibson.

DE

PS.

Amuk- Try TheBook of the Five Rings by Musashi or Angry White Pyjamas by Twigger.

And Dostoyevsky's a beast to get through, but worth it if you can mange.

[Edited on 17-8-2004 by DeusEx]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Pattern Recognition by William Gibson.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Pattern Recognition owned me.

It will own you.

Get Neuromancer and Idoru too. In fact, Gibson is blessed. There isn't something he's touched that's bad, except the Johnny Mnemoic movie.

DE

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ive got 3 books on the go

1) Ordinary People by Sharon & Ozzy Osbourne (and the kids)

2) Harry Potter & the order of the Phoenix by J K Rowling, for the 4th time

3) The Bourne Trilogy by Robert Ludlum, very good read so far, includes The Bourne Identity, Supremecy and Ulitmatum

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Finished Pale Blue Dot.........

Read Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein since then

Currently Reading Darwins Dangerous Idea Evolution and the Meanings of Life by Daniel C. Dennett

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Dennett is an excellent author, as well.

Just finished COunt Zero by Gibson, now onto All Tommorow's Parties. Yes, it's that good.

DE

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I just finished The Terminal Man on Sunday and I'm now reading Sphere.

And I have, Area 51: The Truth, Timeline, The Andromeda Strain, The Shining, At the Mountains of Madness, a book on Shackleton, The Long Walk Home,and a mountain climding book.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I just finished The Terminal Man on Sunday and I'm now reading Sphere.

And I have, Area 51: The Truth, Timeline, The Andromeda Strain, The Shining, At the Mountains of Madness, a book on Shackleton, The Long Walk Home,and a mountain climding book.

Andromeda Strain is one of those books that you can't put down, very good.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I can usually get through 1000 pages in about 5 days if I have the time. At the moment I am reading Angels&Demons by Dan Brown.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I am reading area 51: the Sphinx (just started it today) and Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad. Thats about it I usually have more going, huh, probably some book I can pick up if they dont make me read something for school...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am a fan of books like those from Agatha Christie, Erle Stanley Gardner, etc. but the 2 last things I read where the Quran and the American Constitution.

I really like to deny ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join