It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you currently reading?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a beautiful mind....the biography of john nash

then i also picked up the monsterous memoirs of mighty mcfearless by ahmet zappa

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Move Under Ground by Nick Mamatas. Jack Kerouac, Bill Burroughs and Neal Cassady versus Cthulhu, it's the Beats against the Elder Gods. Brilliant writing that evokes Kerouac's On The Road and a very good plot have made this book immensely enjoyable.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

And then i have a pile of like 20 books, ranging from Philosophy to Sci-fi to Horror.... and i don't know what I'll read.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Mind control 101 by Dantalion Jones.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Dark Tower - Wizard And Glass - Stephen King

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Finally found an original printing of H.G. Wells Men Like Gods.

Just waiting for the mailman to deliver.

[edit on 1/6/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Picture of Dorian Grey, Oscar Wilde...Sigh ~ Again.... I love Oscar, he's my dead-gay-writer crush

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just recently ordered and received: The Ecology Of Commerce by Paul Hawken

I even bought a King James bible even though I am not religious.

Use to read a lot of Stephen King but have not in recent times, and Dougles Adams was good as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Tom Clancey's Splinter Cell, CHECKMATE. Written by David Micheals.
Already read alot of his first books, I like the single, modern, elite spy characters.

Also, I started reading the book of Ezekiel in the bible again.
And David, and Matthew.

Hmm.....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am currently reading Not In His Image: Gnostic Vision, Sacred Ecology, And The Future Of Belief by John Lamb Lash

It about the Gnostic's who were a special group of Pagans who has Physic abilities, they were Shamans, intuits etc, also Cosmologists who were able to map our skies over 2000 years ago.

metahistory.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Leo Tolstoy - War and Peace.

I first started reading it about 5 years ago but was never able to finish it. I started from scratch towards the end of last year and am still reading this book! This might take me a while...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Currently reading Biocentrism by Robert Lanza MD with Bob Berman

How Life and Consciousness are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe

I listened to an interview Dr. Lanza did with Art Bell on Friday, if you are interested in listening here is a download link.

drop.io...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I read what my kids read and right now it's the first book of the FableHaven series by Brandon Mull

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Act Of God - Graham Phillips

A very good book so far.

Few know that the face on the famous death mask of Tutankhamen is not his at all. This book reveals an historical mystery which overturns Ancient Egyptian chronology, and also provides evidence that the Parting of the Red Sea and Plagues of Egypt in the Bible are accounts of actual events

www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am reading Raymond Chandler's "The Simple Art of Murder." I think CHandler may have been the greatest myster/noir/hard boiled writer ever. He had wit, humor, action, and just the right amount of badassitude in his writing.

I'm thinking of making a leap in to diesel and steam punk. I just don't know where to start.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Inhuman Bondage: The Rise and Fall of Slavery in the New World by David Brion Davis.

Quite a interesting book, if one is into this sort of thing. It seems to be a primer for other books by the dude which are more in depth.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Im doing something I never normally do and reading a book twice .

I read The Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell about 5 years ago and although its quite a difficult book to make sense of its definately one of the best books I've ever read.

There was a really interesting interview with the author last week on the radio and spurned me to read i again. Has anyone else Read the Cloud atlas, what did you make of it?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Master Handbook of Acoustics by F. Alton Everest and Orchestration by Walter Piston.

Yes, I'm a geek.

TheAssoc.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join