It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of this plan to solve the TSA issue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There's been a lot of talk here on ATS about the TSA and the issue of body scanners and invasive pat-downs. Anyway, there seem to be two sides to the argument. One side is like "I'll do anything to keep myself and others safe from the evil terrorists who want to blow us up." The other side is like "Are you kidding me? The TSA is in clear violation of my rights. Why should I have to be molested or looked at naked to fly?"

Now I'm not trying to gear this post toward either side as that would detract from my point. But I do have a logical plan to solve this issue that would make both groups of people happy. Here's the plan. Have two groups of flights, regular, and "secure". Regular flights have just normal metal detectors and are essentially at a pre 2008 security level. "Secure" flights have all the enhanced security procedures that are so controversial. Now it would require some additional work so the regular flights don't get mixed with the "secure" flights, but it could be something as simple as stamping the boarding passes with a "normal flight approved" or "secure flight approved" stamp.

Oh yeah, and it turns out we DO have a right to travel through the airspace.

49 U.S.C. § 40103 : US Code - Section 40103: Sovereignty and use of airspace
(2) A citizen of the United States has a public right of transit through the navigable airspace.
link

So what do you think of this plan?
edit on 16-7-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

And there are those of Us who have weighed probabilities, and seeing that the probability of a "terrorist" on a plane is millions to one, and the probability of being assaulted (by hands or deadly particles) trying to board a plane is one to one... We would choose to eliminate the TSA and take Our chances.

EDIT to add: I do like Your idea. I would use the airlines that let Me on with dignity.
edit on 7/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

your on the right track but your late for 2 airlines and 2 airports are already doing this as a trial run but after the latest 2 events the privet that tried to take c4 on a flight and the drug ring at the SLIAP salt lake international airport seen on 2 news, i do not think it will pardon the pun, fly to well.

edit on 16-7-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
they are private businesses, that's the problem.

yes you have a right to fly IF you have your own plane, which some do.

so they can make you get naked if they wanted to. i know a couple of guys here where i live that have their own small planes and provide flights to people that are willing to pay.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Your plan will never work because the NWO crowd wants to destroy our rights, and that is the entire reason for the TSA. 9/11 was perpetrated by these criminals. Any effort towards combating it will be destroyed by the fascist police state, and/or criminally targeted. The feds already wanted to institute a no-fly zone over Texas in response to their deliberating on removing the TSA from their state. Your "unsecured" airlines will be the #1 target of CIA plants designed to show the people "why they need to adopt these sensible TSA rules so they can be safe." If the CIA has to kill a few thousand more Americans to do so, they won't even BLINK at it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

your on the right track but your late for 2 airlines and 2 airports are already doing this as a trial run but after the latest 2 events the privet that tried to tack c4 and a flight and the drug ring at the SLIAP salt lake international airport seen on 2 news, i do not think it will pardon the pun, fly to well.

These TSA people are wantonly pissing all over the Constitution with ZERO accountability, and all it takes is two suspect incidents out of tens of millions non-eventful ones to prevent a change in the right direction for humanity? Since when did it become in fashion to screw over the billions of innocents for the benefit of the very, very few? And we all know who is really benefiting from the TSA, kapi$h?

The TSA is an unconstitutional entity. Their real mission is to destroy all rights to privacy, irradiate people (population control?) and bilk the taxpayer. Unfortunately, without honorable judges with balls sitting behind the benches, there is no chance of this agency being struck down in court.

No matter how you slice it, the current serious breakdowns with the American machine all stem from a judicial system which has abandoned the Constitution in favor of special interests. What's the old saying? You go to bed with a whore, you wake up with a whore. Looks like dawn has arrived; time to pay for the whore.

edit on 16-7-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I like your idea, but I have a simpler solution: An armed populace.

If everyone's armed, everyone can act as security at all times! And you'd probably have less violent crimes happening if it was known that EVERYBODY in the entire country had a concealed weapon.

Too bad it'll never happen.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

lol
screw TSA and the aviation industry i'll just travel using my Hoverbike

tsa can so not kiss my posterior

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
These TSA people are wantonly pissing all over the Constitution with ZERO accountability,

No they are not, why do you claim that they are? What part of the constitution do you think they are pissing on?

Their real mission is to destroy all rights to privacy, irradiate people (population control?) and bilk the taxpayer.

Now you are just getting silly again, do you have any proof at all for that silly claim?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
Your plan will never work because the NWO crowd wants to destroy our rights, and that is the entire reason for the TSA. 9/11 was perpetrated by these criminals. Any effort towards combating it will be destroyed by the fascist police state, and/or criminally targeted. The feds already wanted to institute a no-fly zone over Texas in response to their deliberating on removing the TSA from their state. Your "unsecured" airlines will be the #1 target of CIA plants designed to show the people "why they need to adopt these sensible TSA rules so they can be safe." If the CIA has to kill a few thousand more Americans to do so, they won't even BLINK at it.

That's what I was thinking too.

top topics

join