It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The word 'goodness' especially in advertising ENRAGES ME!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is really silly of me but the word goodness in adverts drives me insane!

Its usually used in adverts for facial wipes and cosemtics that aparently arnt harsh to the skin, but 'goodness' alone means nothing! AHHHHH also its usedin food adverts like saying 'full of goodness' makes people think that they are better than anything else.!

But when you think about it you cant measure 'goodness' so the products could be awful and not been done for lying! Why not say the real good qualities that really exist in the product like vitamins etc?

Do they think we are so dumb that if they just say its full of goodnes we are guna go mad and buy it thinking it must be good coz it says so!?!?

This is really dumb for me to get so mad about but its on so many adverts atm like some marketing wiz has recommended the word and every company has gone mad for it. Its dumb it isnt good for consumer perception to make a claim that can not even be varefied!

...at least my life is so calm atm this is all I have to stress about
haha o dear

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Do they think we are so dumb that if they just say its full of goodnes we are guna go mad and buy it thinking it must be good coz it says so!?!?

That's exactly what they think...and they're right.

That's why they make billions while we offer up our pennies for the 'goodness'.

If they say it's good for us, it must be true right? After all, they couldn't lie about their product as that would be false advertising.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I hate it when people abbreviate words instead of just typing the few extra characters. Coz u arnt 2 concerned about ur grrmr r u?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

I hate when people can understand what is written but refuse to engage in a conversation due to incorrect grammer. Im having a rant and I didnt think that perfect grammer was required. There are far bigger problems in the world than spelling so stop being a grammer nazi and focus on other issues.

Obviously you are in desperate need of some general 'goodness'

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Haha I know! I sitll dont think that its good though and is a failure on their part.

Its probably made out of fermented fish entrails and pork fat as well!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

what? pork fat isn't goodness? WTF!!!
I can still eat bacon right?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Goodness! This is really something that made you upset? Go take a walk, cool down, come back and refresh yourself with some Ole'-Timey Goodness Lemonade! Goodness for goodness sake!
It's goody-licious!

ColoradoJens
edit on 17-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join