It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya's Opposition To NATO's "Humanitarian Effort" - PHOTOS - MSM Cover-Up Busted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
There is A Thread here with video from the Tripoli Rally on July 1st, showing the obvious opposition to the BS "kinetic action" going on over there.

The rallies have been taking place almost weekly in Tripoli and other Libyan cities, including Sabha on July 8, 2011.

Since then I've seen much more on this, including mass presence of media crews and what not. How much more blatantly obvious can it get, the major spin that the US media is doing here on this matter by not covering it? In the past few days, all we hear about are these pre-packaged, readily-produced "Debt Talks" negotiations, which will most likely result in raising the debt ceiling anyway. And whether it's video of Obama and Boehner laughing at a conference table with snapping left and right, or the ever-so intense discussions on the golf course, a crazy reality pursues: There's a country that we've bombing resulting in significant civilian deaths every other few days, and when the population opposition to the action is clear, we hear not a peep. (Folks if this has been covered on a major US news outlet, please enlighten me for I am unaware of it).

Not too shabby of a turn-out, ay?

TRIPOLI. July 15, 2011.

Friday of July 1, 2011 like many other Fridays has seen huge rallies in Tripoli's Green Square. It’s very hard to get an accurate number of the mass of people that have attended these rallies. Estimates have placed the size of the July 1st rally in Green Square at one million people.

The rallies also indicate significant popular support for Colonel Qaddafi in contrast to the usual stereotype descriptions of the Western media. The mainstream media has either casually dismissed the significance of these public gatherings directed against NATO intervention or has failed to even report them. These rallies continue late into the night.

The following are pictures of Libyans converging on Green Square on July 1, 2011. These pictures also show that the mainstream media was present and aware of these rallies.

So what is preventing them from reporting the truth?

Why are some of these journalists claiming that only a few thousand people attended? It is important to note that the pictures were taken at the outset of the event.

Link From GlobalResearch.ca....

Global Research's Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya reporting from Tripoli refutes the media consensus which uphold's NATO's humanitarian mandate. He provides us with a review of the mass rallies directed against NATO including extensive photographic evidence.

Forward this article. Post it on Facebook. Spread the word.

Your thoughts?
Good day...
edit on 16-7-2011 by rstregooski because: the

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I recall several other dictators (ie Saddam) over the years who could really (force, threaten) swells of hundreds of thousands of citizens to attend rallies supporting things like corrupt elections. Maybe the eyes on the ground have a better perspective of what is going on? Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't see a million supporters there not even a few thousand unless you have better pictures somewhere. And the people only know Ghaddafi since he's made it illegal to form political parties in Libya and usually has any opposition either publicly hanged or a televised execution.

So people see bombs coming down and the usual rhetoric from Ghaddafi and no other sides to the story then yes you might get some rally's. Most people there don't know anything different than living under his regime.

Tell me how many anti-ghaddafi rally's you've seen lately. None?

Probably because he doesn't allow them
edit on 16-7-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentorman
I recall several other dictators (ie Saddam) over the years who could really (force, threaten) swells of hundreds of thousands of citizens to attend rallies supporting things like corrupt elections. Maybe the eyes on the ground have a better perspective of what is going on? Just a thought.

Interesting you mention that.... If people just do their history homework and see things for what they are, they begin to realize that part of america's nation building program first requires that the nation be destroyed so it can be rebuilt.

Same propaganda. Same pretense. Same lies to the American people.

The eyes on the ground DO have a better perspective and with that comment you contradicted yourself.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It would not serve the purpose if we learned that the Libyans did not want to be bombed and killed. I have seen statistics that say 80% of Libyans do want to be killed, in a humanitarian style, by the United States. That is good enough for me - if 80% want to be murdered by a foreign state who are we to tell them no?
edit on 7/16/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

As much as I don't like Ghaddafi, the alternative is simply not viable.

This is what the rebels have done to many many black Libyans and soldiers among his military who have surrendered to rebels. It makes me sick our Govts are supporting these cold blooded murderers, with the exact same mentality that decapitated Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan. The video is extremely graphic.

www.youtube.com...//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Da4WdJUCQQrA%26feature%3Drelated

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

There may not be millions like the Egyptian revolutions but be mindful of the large population difference. Look at the photos more closely....Ghaddafi's rallies of supporters appear to be far more westernised than their enermies, the rebels, who are committing genocide upon the black Libyans and any Libyan soldier that surrenders to the rebels are tortured then dismembered....while still alive.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Excellent observation bluemirage. I never noticed that looking at those pics. But this post will get drowned in Elenin and more divisive topics that make people angry.. I can't help but feel sick regarding the situation in Libya. I feel for the people that just want to be left alone and make a living, no matter what the real story is.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

It was an easy observation comparing the western clothing of Ghaddafi's supporters (no, not the media photos of journalists but mainstreal Libyans amongst the crowds) to that of the rebels, very very big difference.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by kro32

There may not be millions like the Egyptian revolutions but be mindful of the large population difference. Look at the photos more closely....Ghaddafi's rallies of supporters appear to be far more westernised than their enermies, the rebels, who are committing genocide upon the black Libyans and any Libyan soldier that surrenders to the rebels are tortured then dismembered....while still alive.

I have videos of Ghaddafi's forces torturing and dismembering rebels also so what's your point?

If Ghaddafi wasn't so against other political parties being formed and challenging him for authority none of this would be happening. People are pissed of his tyrannical rule and when they stand up to him he shoots them down and organizes his own little show with all the cute little kids showing support.

I would dare you to go to Libya and form a political party against Ghaddafi and speak openly about his faults and not be dead by the end of the week.

This man is a criminal.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

People aren't pissed off at #. The rebels are CIA fuelled Al-Qaeda groups, if they were peaceful people they wouldnt be doing these violent things and breaking Wartime laws.

Seriously, It truly shocks me at how blind peope are. I'm sorry to make such an observation. Feet on the ground in Afghanistan was for control of the Opium fields. Also a strategic piece on the World Map

Feet on the ground in Iraq is for Oil control, and another strategic piece on the World Map.

Feet on the ground in Libya, and CIA are already there and are organising the rebels, is for control of the oil out of Libya. And yet another strategical piece once they actually get US forces on ground, and it WILL happen, whether NATO or US.

These Al-Qaeda rebels are now recognised by the Western worlds as the leaders of Libya. Al-Qaeda now rules Libya. Just consider this statement.

BETTER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW THAN THE DEVIL YOU DONT

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
America seems to have a bad habit of funding terrorists and fanatics, im sure they were calling the taliban in Afghanistan revolutionaries at one stage too when they were fighting Russia and their government just like they are doing in Libya against a man who to some extent de - radicalised Libya and America actually has the nerve to say they are against terrorists while infact they are helping these extremists in Libya.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentorman

thats what the rebels do in east libya funny how they are threatening the people to rally in the benghazi port whenever the media shows up eh?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The country is split no? The area around tripoli with Ghadaffi and the area further away against Ghadaffi. But we knew that. Or are you saying all fighters we see on camera are agents of sorts?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by kro32

I have videos of Ghaddafi's forces torturing and dismembering rebels also so what's your point?

If Ghaddafi wasn't so against other political parties being formed and challenging him for authority none of this would be happening. People are pissed of his tyrannical rule and when they stand up to him he shoots them down and organizes his own little show with all the cute little kids showing support.

I would dare you to go to Libya and form a political party against Ghaddafi and speak openly about his faults and not be dead by the end of the week.

This man is a criminal.

Seriously man, Do you really think we're over there because of a bad ruler? I don't see us in North Korea. Can we all agree that if Libya's main export was Broccoli, we wouldn't be over there?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I will explain to you how this works. Always when there is a military conflict there is never just one reason for that conflict. This war has multiple purposes. Securing the resources, promoting democracy, getting rid of Ghaddafi, making the country a bit more friendly to us, why you suppose there only has to be one reason to intervene shows your lack of knowledge in how this stuff works.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I realize the reality of multiple reasons for said involvement over there. I also understand what order of magnitude it costs.

As predicted in the 50's, "wild expansion of government and military operations, for every conceivable means"..
edit on 17-7-2011 by rstregooski because: quote

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Who predicted that in the 50's

And under what pretense was it predicted.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Who predicted that in the 50's

And under what pretense was it predicted.

The first three minutes of this clip explain a lot. I'll admit, my above preface was a little off, but the point in this speech is clear..

edit on 17-7-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2011 by rstregooski because: link

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Sorry I don't have sound so if you could summarize that for me when you get a chance I'd really appreciate it. Not saying your wrong but I know history fairly well and that didn't ring a bell with me for some reason.

<<   2 >>

join