It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True meaning of 666

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by anotomous

I heared something like that, too, basically saturday ( day of saturn) was the holy day, and the church changed that to sunday..well, its a question what role the pope and the roman catholic church play.
I saw videos of Walther Veith, who raises this questions, too, but after 10 videos I got a strange impression on him, he ´detects´ freemasonic and jesuitic powers everywhere..

cheers

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
So we have to be very careful to note that 666 and 616 are BOTH found in the ancient (albeit mangled) Greek textual traditions – although persons who style themselves ‘christians’ are rarely told that their bibles contain contradictory information in the Greek NT textual families… (you can read all about these anomalies in Bart Ehrman’s books written for the layperson…)

Since from other clues within the text of the ‘book of Revelatiion’ we can see that the original form of the book was probably written c. 68-69 CE during the so-called ‘Year of the 4 Caesars’ during the hiatus in the middle of the 1st Failed Jewish War against Rome (66-72 CE) – so we should be looking for a Roman Emperor who was around at that time (e.g. Nero, Otho, Galba, Vitellius, Vespasian etal.)

The 666 number of the ‘name’ seems best to fit the Emperor Nero (who was said to have disappeared c. April of 68 CE) with the spelling of the name as NeRON QSR expressed in numerical gemmatria (see below) i.e. Nero Caesar in common Heb. Spelling

And the 616 variant seems to refer to the spelling of Nero as NRO QSR (i.e. the same Nero Caesar in an alternate Hebrew spelling).

This of course presumes that the author(s) of this passage in Rev chapter 13 were using HEBREW Gemmatria not Greek Gemmatria.

Some modern attempts to show that the gemmatria referred to in Rev 13 was in fact the Roman Emperor Gaius (i.e. Caligula, ‘little boots’) via the use of purely Greek Gemmatria are interesting to say the least – but this only adds up to 616 and does not figure the 666 variant in the Greek MSS the way the same name NERO CAESAR does in both of its spelling variations....

Does any of this help ?
That's the most helpful and informative post of the thread but I think it's over the heads of people who just want to parrot "666-how cool is that?", without really digging into it as you have.

But that's actually an excellent summary of some of the questions and controversy surrounding the 666(616) story. Great post-starred.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
666- Stands for Ronald Wilson Reagan- One of the most evil president's in the history of mankind; possibly second too George W. Bush.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How about this Anti 72.

We are 666.

This universe, this dimension, this "here and now" this perceived reality is 666.

It is what this place is made of. Even us.........We are carbon based lifeforms. Carbon with the atomic # of 6.

6 protons, 6 neutrons, 6 electrons.

and before you have knee-jerk reflex, and spout out NO NO NO!!! just look around, and see where this line of thinking takes you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Hi Erno

First you would have to write out Ronald Wilson Reagan in Aramaic letters and do the math on the gemmatria to get 666 for him which does NOT add up. The Apocalypse of Yohanon the Levite (aka Book of Revelation) was written during the 1st Failed Jewish Wa against Rome (66-72 CE) and 666 refers to the Emperor NERO[N] CAESAR (Nun-Resh-Vav-Nun + Quph-Samek-Resh) which DOES add up to 666.

If you remove the final Aramaic Letter NUN from the first spelling of NERON (i.e. NERO) you get the total 616, which is the gemmatrial numbering represented in Revelation chapter 13 according to a separate family of ancient MSS (e.g. P.Oxy. LVI 4499 dated c. 260 CE, or Codex C (i.e. Codex Ephraemi Palimsest from c. 340 CE).

People who want to configure the Number of the Beast using 'english' letters are barking up the wrong proverbial tree - the text was originally written in Aramaic Qinah Lament Poetry, not Modern English.

One could take this to extremes of course, if one wants to just make stuff up using English - e.g. since 666 seems to revolve around the number '6', one could make a game out of English Letters - e.g. A = 6 and B = 12 and C=18 etc.all the way to letter Zed, you can easily get....(oh, the Shock & Awe !!!!) none other than........wait for it........K-I-S-S-I-N-G-E-R as 666 !!!!!

So don't go there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join