It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contagion - Hollywood's newest, star-studded pitch for vaccines and big Pharma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

There have been many movies about deadly viruses, plagues of every sort, but this latest movie, Contagion, looks to be a blockbuster in the making, loaded with big names, tons of technology.

Hitting the theaters just in time to align with the onslaught of commercials and signs posted driving folks into the vaccine machine.

This looks like total propaganda - big pharma could'nt produce something this good if they tried. Will it be effective, will more folks get vaccinated as a result of this movie? No doubt about it

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Hurray! Epidemic doom is my favorite. It's been awhile since the disease apocalypse genre had something good.

Anywho, perhaps it's less push the vaccines and more were going to desensitize you to our plan to unleash a plague to prevent rioting during the economic collapse.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
last virus epidemic huge box office movie was I am Legend.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Also see 2084.

If we dont vaccinate our world will end!!!!

-.-

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

That took place after the plague hit though. This one is all about the government/pharma racing to save humanity. I would be amazed if they did not have advisors who worked on emergency repsonse planning for the movie, the same way they have police and military advisors for movies.

From the trailer, this will jive nicely with the ad campaigns from pharma and the public service announcements from the government on how to "protect" yourself.

Ever wonder why the government mandates every drug ad to list the exhaustive number of potential side effects on every commercial but they never make readily available the potential side effects of the vaccines? I was in a drug store just the other day and this gent was in line to get a shingles vaccine and I asked him if he knew the side effects. He said he did'nt, but thought it best that he get the vaccine because he'd heard Shingles was nasty. Thats the kind of ignorance that really fuels the big pharma bottom-line

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

A good dose of Vitamin C should do the trick. Really, who gets the flu vaccine?

They can hype it up as serious as the Ebola virus... I'll take my chances.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

You will only be able to take your chances for a while. Increasingly folks are being required to get vaccines to engage in certain activities, notably attend schools. For example, I had to have my kids vaccinated for Hep A to attend school in Washington State. My doctor thought it was absurd and irresponsible for the state to require it, but there was no way out of it, even with a doctor's letter. Some firms are requiring folks to get them for all people in certain functions as a condition of employment.

At some point they will require all kids to get a flu vaccine and more companies will force you to get one as well. Hell, if big pharma had their way, you would carry a wallet card listing your vaccines that you would have to show anytime you attempted to enter a public venue.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Who is the director of this movie?
Steven Soderbergh that's who?

Who is he?

Following on the news last week that a pirated version of the upcoming X-men movie hit the Web last week (It quickly became the "most pirated film ever)," France has announced new and draconian measures to clamp down on Internet piracy.

Meanwhile, according to the New York Times story, the U.S. film industry is pushing in Congress for similar controls. "Steven Soderbergh, the film director, cited the French initiative in asking lawmakers to deputize the American film industry to pursue copyright pirates."

Deputize?

These people appear to have learned nothing from the follies of the music industry. And it's unlikely to work. As the article points out, digital information can't be kept bottled up once it gets on the Internet. Users will simply turn to other techniques to avoid detection.

blogs.computerworld.com...

Is this his first movie being deputized?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ha.

I'll be honest. Movies like this scare the crap out of me. I'm not sure how far it goes towards propaganda, but rather it just serves to continue the stereotyped info about vaccines and "big" Pharma.

new topics

top topics

join