It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Used as Holding Cells/ Detention Centers for Dissident Citizens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

Was wondering what your thoughts are on the claims of Walmart being used as detention centers? I read of such claims many years ago and this was waaay before they built on the new caged garden departments. It took a little while, but now take notice the tops of these cages are also enclosed. and it's been enclosed now for years on our local store.

I can't seem to find the source of this 'rumor'... Was it G. Cooper? Is this a rumor? I'm not so sure but it sure seems like the times are getting RIPE : I'm really starting to believe there is truth in this. What about it folks? The rumor alleges these will be holding centers until all the dissidents are transported and ''disposed of''...I read of this back then when they were talking of road signs having the secret codes on them ..pointing the ways..

Not trying to fearmonger... just putting it out there in case there is truth to this... But wth is one supposed to do? I guess go down fighting for truth and freedom!

Comments , debunks, and suggestions appreciated: I'd sure feel better if someone would debunk this!

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Do Walmart sell hacksaws?

Bars & cages are useless if you can cut your way out.

If the power is on you could use an angle grinder.

Just saying

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
As long as they are full the people will be happy. Lock them in with a full store and they will be satisfied.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

lol good one... but i'd say we couldn't get inside the store ... it would be locked to uS...if any truth to this. The caged area is where we are supposed to be kept, unless it is a shut down store.
edit on 16-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Never heard of this conspiracy...but I suppose if you had a Walmart center that shut down it could be used as a prison or a detention center. But in that case probably use in a post apocalyptic world or one where the NWO takes over.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I know here they put the cages on because people were stealing the rider mowers and other stuff..anyway the one here is really small caged area..i mean how many people could actually fit in there?---100 at best..when there is 20K people in the town..where would the others go?

Walmart would be so scared of inventory loss I seriously doubt there is anything to this claim..

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/221fe1e96161.gif[/atsimg]

The only thing walmart reminds me of is this old bit of christian propaganda from chickpublications

Here is a direct link to the tract in question.

chichpublications/beast

These are from back in the late seventies,
self published by a guy in Canada I think.

In this issue, called "The Beast" a modern grocery store is shown equiped with guillotines for those who try and buy food without their proper mark.

The modern Walmart food centers,
are on the cutting edge of self check out
but I find it highly unlikely that the same floorspace
where people shop will house prisoners.

?

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I suppose it could be true.

Why not?

When you come to visit your imprisoned loves ones you can also buy a shirt and a gallon of milk! Brilliant marketing scheme!

They are just paving the way for our new Chinese Overlords!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I would expect the Goverment needing a lot more room to lock up dissidents then what is available in the garden center at my hometown Walmarts....several of them but still not room enough for more than a couple hundred people tops.

I believe the reason for the fencing is to keep thieves from carting everything away....they discovered that fencing was not enough so they added fencing over the top as well. I suppose if they were to empty the store of goods and shelves then yes a load of people could be hearded inside and perhaps controled but....if the Goverment has any plans most likely will involve elimination of any overt dissidents and a mass grave...cheap and efficent.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hmm, I don't know. I imagine it's probably not true. I do know that some stores do have a couple holding cells in the back to detain you if you get caught shoplifting, until the cops get there.

I know of a Target in the area that has a couple holding cells or whatever you want to call them, But I doubt there are any conspiratorial reasons behind them.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

If there is any truth to this ''rumor'', there are more holding facilities other than Walmart.
Our road signs are also supposed to be coded and point to these other facilities and transports.
I believe there is also truth in the codes in the road signs. There is a thread on the coded road signs here at ATS. Will let you begin yOUR research on this and draw your own conclusions.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
No....that is to keep the over worked, under paid slave labor employees from escaping!

Walmart takes out a $100K life insurance policy on ALL employees and if you quit or are fired Walmart still keeps the policies in effect! So they make more money off of the employees than the employees ever earn!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

Wow, never heard that one before! Thanks for this info: Greedy people eh! I will have to tell my in law about this one. Was fired for being one minute late clocking out, due to helping a customer at Christmas time.

Am sure there are all kinds of conspiracies with the big giant that would make Sam Walton keep turning in his grave.. .

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't know about Walmart stores being used for detention centers, but there's a book I read about 10 years ago (can't remember the name of it), that talked about using american military bases that had been shut down, for just that...it even had photos of railroad cars that were designed to transport detainees to the so-called "detention centers", in case of Martial Law being declared....can you say "prison camp"?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Actually the fences in garden centers at Wal-marts are very poorly built. The majority of theft occurs through this area as people will take items in the store place them by the fence in the garden center then walk outside and lift up the fence part to get the items or do a quick snip snip and just reach through.

In order to hold people there they would need to reconstruct it so it makes more sense just to find a patch of dirt and put a fence around that for a holding center.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

Thanks for the reply moon,
You are helping spark my memory a bit with your reply. Yeah, it's all about martial law, etc. I recall reading about the color lists, red, yellow and blue? not sure... but Christians, patriots and all others who wouldn't conform were to be taken to the detention camps...
Yeah and the railroad is supposedly to be used also when martial law is enacted. I remember reading that lots of shackled cars were purchased for this purpose.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have heard of this rumor of walmart as well as the post office being some sort of holding area for dissident's and what not. The post office thing was based on forced vaccinations or something like that.
I don't put much stock in any of this when you can look around and come up with many other places and locations that would be more suitable for massive lock-up of people.

I will say though the walmart angle might be based on one fact. There is a huge walmart disturbution center in my area. I was involved with the county emergency management agency several years back and the disturbution center was, in the case of a major event, going to be used as a command center for this region. All it is really intended for is a secondary triage unit, temporary hosipital, etc if the "event" caused massive damage of primary emergency centers and the like.

Sounds to me as though somebody heard about this and jumped to the conclusion that Walmart stores were going to be used as holding centers or some such thing. Of course the way things are anymore anything is possible I suppose.

The road sign thing is a new one to me however !

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KISSAEA123

Appreciate the replies, everyone.
---------------------
Kiss,
Thanks for your input here . Much appreciated.
I thought maybe the road signs were a rumor too and began looking into it... Now I think it's very possible that this also is true.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I believe the story is Walmarts will be a process centers when the SHTF . The garden center will be the holding area
where trucks will pick up people to go to FEMA camps. Thats where the red and blue clasification comes in.
If local athoritys tell the public to go to their local Walmart for aid or supplys or a place the public can get a ride to a safe location the public will flock there.Walmarts are everywhere.
edit on 16-7-2011 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
10 people together can tear down any wall in a walmart, it would make a horrible holding area.

When they make a holding cell for one or two people it is 100 times stronger than any area of a store.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join