It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Second American Revolution already begun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
War doesn’t start out with two sides shooting at one another. It always starts with civil discourse, eventually evolving into heated disagreements, followed by the shooting. It doesn’t always happen that way as cooler heads usually prevail. But not always, as history will attest.

I have lurked ATS for many years before becoming a member. I lurked because I was in the military and took the apolitical approach seriously. Though I did have my views on how I think things should be, I kept them to myself. I became a member upon retirement.

I will have to admit I think that I have a conservative lean, but I have also been called a liberal for some of my viewpoints.

Free at last! Free at last!...Thank God Almighty! I’m free at last!

I have enjoyed the UFO, Fragile Earth, NWO conspiracy forums, etc, greatly during that time. I have been entertained and informed over the years.

But one thing I have noticed during that time is that the ATS crowd is becoming more politically orientated by the day. I believe that this is a good thing as we have to deal with our current concrete problems before we can focus on theories. Once our immediate problems are fixed, then we can seriously concentrate on investigations into those theories.

Many here, it seems to me anyways, have their own independent thoughts on any given political matter. Many of us have rejected the two party system.

But we still see those who refuse to give up their party ideology and preach the current talking points. They are the dividing people, regardless of their Right or Left bent. They see no room for compromise. With them, it is always, “My way or the Highway”, mentality.

I have always tried to deal with conflict in a rational manner and try to see the opposing point of view, but if you will look at my signature, you will see that once I go into “Combat” mode, I ask for, nor will give no quarter. I only go into this "mode" when the other side makes no sense and are arguing based upon emotion, rather than rationally.

I see America, via the various news sources and personal interaction with others as becoming more and more divided. What’s your take on the matter?

Has the 2nd American Revolution already begun, or do we still have time?
edit on 16-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: Need...more...coffee.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It has not yet begun, and honestly I doubt it ever will. The sheeple are already happily enslaved, and they form the vast majority.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have a hard time picturing any revolution as actually happening. The USA is too modern and too wired for any true, large-scale uprising to start off the radar, and no uprising would be allowed to get very far.

The worst I can see happening is maybe a couple of riots, but rioting takes energy, and I don't think most people, with families and children, will use their energy in such a way, unless the government implemented a change that truly shocked its citizens into responding. And, any such changes would most likely be implemented in a way to prevent such a shock.

I guess I feel that the only way a true revolution could start is if there was an extremely large divide between the people in power. A war between a few citizens and the government won't work, because those few people that are willing to spend that energy just don't have enough power to do anything that will make a lasting change. But, if the people in power were fighting amongst themselves, then the power that they hold would be divided as well, and that could allow some things to change. (Maybe?) But, I don't think such an extreme split would ever occur in the government of the USA. Our politicians are too much alike for that to happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There will be no revolution without the support of our military. And thats not going to happen until the average IQ of our soldiers increases in a dramatic way.

I talk to people that are already in the military and to those that are joining it and most of them are complete idiots. They brag about patrolling fields of heroin and marijuana. They brag about using drop guns and about the crazy photos they have of dead people.

If you honestly have conversations with these soldiers its easy to see how uninformed and completely brainwashed they are. Its actually quite frustrating for me to talk with any soldier about anything America related.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think the second American revolution is beginning only from the stand point of how the first one started. The first American revolution in all rights and purpose's began in the coffee shops, taverns, and people's front porches.
The internet today is the modern day equivalent of those places. Although back then people would listen to each other in turn, they would not be all shouting at the same time, which is the way it feels sometimes reading forums. Not to mention the difficulty of not having the luxury of being able to tell if someone is being serious, joking, etc by seeing and hearing tone of voice, facial expressions, etc when "reading" one's views as oppossed to physically being in front of someone during conversation's. Which can lead to confusion and misunderstanding's on where one is coming from at times.
I do agree at times I feel that with such a wide range of views and the seeming attitude of "my way or the higway" mentality out there that a true organized revolution will never happen. If it were to happen it would be a very short lived one before it became an all out civil war. Which usually brings me to the conclusion none of it will ever happen at all.
Once the people can come together and specifically list the "agreed upon grievences" then there will be a true basis from which the people will then be able to draw the line in the sand.
The revolution will then only truely begin when everyone feels that they together are in the right and justified as a united people for a common set of causes.
Being able to define those true "causes" is the million dollar question.
Simply in my humble opinion of course.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by readytorevolt
There will be no revolution without the support of our military. And thats not going to happen until the average IQ of our soldiers increases in a dramatic way.

I talk to people that are already in the military and to those that are joining it and most of them are complete idiots. They brag about patrolling fields of heroin and marijuana. They brag about using drop guns and about the crazy photos they have of dead people.

If you honestly have conversations with these soldiers its easy to see how uninformed and completely brainwashed they are. Its actually quite frustrating for me to talk with any soldier about anything America related.

I would disagree. The term you used, "brainwashed", is a good term, but even a majority of soldiers aren't even brainwashed! They just do. If your boss tells you to do something, and you work for the US military, you do it. This is the reality of our armed forces, the top of the line ALWAYS calls the shots. The only idiotic thing is that fact that they joined at all. When I was in my recruiters office 2 years ago, after taking their test I was promised top tier bonus and and a job in any field I desired. It wasn't until a heavy moral consideration that I made my decision to turn it down. I feel Intelligence does not come into play, it's apathy.

As far as revolution, I can sound off on our younger citizens being BRAINWASHED! I want you all to read a blurb from a fellow student of mine's essay on healthcare.
" The term “Government take over” while effective in getting people not to vote for the bill had absolutely no grounds in reality. In fact health care has ALWAYS been controlled mostly buy the government. It always has and probably always will be governed buy the US government and probably always will be. Originally the government was afraid that only sickly people would get health insurance and bankrupt the whole system. Their responds to this was to make a private system that could deny health coverage to people who were already sick. This encouraged people to get the expensive coverage before they got sick. So although health care may seem “private” it has always been run and controlled by the government."

This is how doomed we are.

We are at war with Eurasia.
We have always been at war with Eurasia.

We are at war with Eastasia.
We have always been at war with Eastasia.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind of been brought up a time or two before.

Kro, it is like you have no soul

Kind of a blunt reminder to use the search function

ETA: maybe harsh was the wrong word. I should have used blunt.
edit on 16-7-2011 by liejunkie01 because: ETA

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Kind of been brought up a time or two before.

I'm going to take a stand in this thread, even though this is relevant to MANY MANY threads.

ATS has THOUSANDS of members. People brows this site all the time, lurking or active. Just because something was brought up once, twice, or even six or seven times in the past does not mean our community as a whole has been exposed to the information or that we have all given out our two sense on an issue. Why do you find yourself so righteous to decide whether a topic should continue to exist just because you have seen or participated in a similar post? Or last time you DID discuss this subject, have your thoughts not developed since? I feel that this constant dissent on "redundant" threads is irrelevant to the over-all goals of ATS and damaging to the education and cooperation of our community.

I cannot count how many times I have seen a video for the first time and then read a post saying "posted before" or "use the search". I never saw it before, and I would not have been tempted to simply search ATS for information I do not even know exists. Please let these threads live. It will help us all, as a whole, understand the entirety of the global situation better and ultimately help members of ATS co-exist productively.

top topics

join