It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have come to a conclusion: My mum is psychic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Now before you flame me, read my title of the tread. I have to come to a conclusion, I'm not saying your conclusions will be the same.
You do not have to believe everything i write in this thread, because there is no way i can prove it.
However if you still wish to read on, please do

I'm a young guy, I dont wish to give a specific age, but a young guy. Under 21.
I was born in poland and came to the Uk when i was 10 years old, so please excuse some minor spelling/grammar mistakes.

Now on the the topic:

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

I'v never really had a strong connection with my mother, or any of my family that is.
As we moved to the UK, i was the youngest in my family. I have a brother who is also older than me.
I atteneded school as soon as i came to the UK, without knowing any english. My brother had to wait like a year before he went to school, in that year he got friends which were polish. I, since I came to the UK have always mixed with english people. I am more English than polish, this is why i dont have a a strong connection with my family in my oppinion. My brother still hangs around all polish people, as my father and mother. I have only English friends. (By english i dont mean white pure english, i mean people who were brought up in england)

Now, before last week i never really had a deep conversation with my mother. However, I am scheduled to have major chest surgery on the 21st of this month. I went with my mother to the hospital for scans, blood tests etc. This brought us more closer in my oppinion.

PROPHECIES:

However, the more i talked to my mother the more weirder the converstation got.
She told me of things she has dreamt and that they have come true. These 'prophecies' were all to do with accidents and death. I am going to outline some of them here:

The first ever dream that came true: My mum had a dream that her friend, which lived in the same block as us (in poland) had a miscarrige. The day after she had this dream, her friend had the misscarrige.
She thought it was all coincidence.

Another dream she had: SHe dreamt that my fathers father (My grandad) had a heart attack, about a week later, he did have a heart attack.

Now there are way more dreams that became true, if asked i will outline them all.

HOW I CAME TO MY CONCLUSION:

At first I didnt believe her, and i told her that. I said 'mum, i dont really believe in these type of things. Theres no clear pattern, they happen randomly, if the events of your dreams do come true to come true at random days after you dream. Not a day after your dream, or a week, its always random'
She said she didnt expect me to believe.

HOWEVER,

She had a dream that my cousin had a motorbike accident, now she told me this the day after the dream.
She said 'Greg, I had a dream your cousin had an motorbike accident, in the dead he was hit by a white car and he only hurt his right shoulder in the accident, it wasnt fatal'
I said 'Lets see if this one comes true'
To which she responded ' God forbid'.

Now, 3 days later I get a call that my cousin had a motorbike accident, that he was hit by a SILVER car (Not white, however they are close colours?) and that he has hurt hus right shoulder only.

I was AMAZED at this. The more i spoke to my mum, to more i saw the fear in her eyes.

She said she is scared of these dreams, she said she dont want them.

She also doesnt know why she gets them, she doesnt claim to be a psychic, but what else is it?

Just thought i would share this with ATS

This is my first thread

Lemme hear your 2 cents!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Not much discussion needed for this. It's really pretty clear: She's psychic. She doesn't have it regularly because she still doubts herself and may be superstitious or frightened by it. If she weren't, however, she would open herself more to it. It would become stronger and broader.

It may help her to understand that this is akin to being able to see clearly after spending a lifetime half-blind, rather than thinking that there's something "abnormal" about her. We all have this ability but we have shut ourselves off to it due to centuries of manipulative, oppressive authorities (the Church, various rulers, governments, etc.) but it is still lying dormant within each and every one of us.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply.

Do you(or anyone) know of any articles/studies related to 'psychics'?
Looking for a good read

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregory11

I can't help you there but I believe that there are organisations in the UK that work with psychics to help develop their skills. Most places have them, but be careful and find a reputable one. They do testing and have exercises, perhaps courses and so forth, to help people along with opening themselves to this. Psychic skills are varied and many. She may have a whole world of abilities inside her that are as yet untapped. Just do some research or give a call to one of these places to get started. Finding others who have skills like hers would be a nice thing for her anyway.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
For someone who claims to be very young, I'm impressed with your presentation of this thread. Well Done

Here is a book, I think, you and your Mum. might find helpful It is a good guide to beginning to understand your abilities.

Quote from cover of the book by Deepak Chopra:

Practical Intuition very succinctly and clearly, outlines how we can unlock a natural ability that we are all endowed with.

It guides you through a series of exercises for recognizing your intuition, and developing it so it becomes second nature to you. There's no new agey mumbo jumbo in it's presentation. Nor any "only special" people have this ability....we all do, some are afraid of it...some never develop it. A good guide for a starter. It's all about learning to trust your gut. It's available at A-mazon online in paperback, and other places.

Practical Intuition, by Laura Day

Gut feeling. Sixth sense. Hunch.

No matter what it’s called, intuition plays a part in the decisions we make every day.

In seminars around the world, Laura Day has taught business people, financial analysts, celebrities, homemakers, doctors, lawyers, and other professionals how to consciously tap this hidden ability.

Now, through a step-by-step guide, first-person accounts, and real-life examples, Day shows you how to unlock the remarkable power of your mind.

Once you've become comfortable in your own skin, so to speak...there are many many other books the delve much deeper into the realms of being psychic, or intuitive as I prefer to be called.

Blessing on your Journey,

Des

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregory11
...so please excuse some minor spelling/grammar mistakes.

Lemme hear your 2 cents!

Ok, heres my 2 cents. First, you said to excuse your English at the beginning of your post. Let me say that your English is in the TOP percentile as far as these forums go. So do not worry about your English as you sound like a freakin English Professor in comparison to others here. Good for you !!

Also, I despise hearing dreams and predictions on these forums, but I believe your post and what you are saying. Very interesting.

Oh, one more thing, can you please have your mum try to dream of a set of numbers for me for a U.S. lottery called "Mega Millions"? If you private message me the correct numbers and I win, I will share half of it with you, I promise.

It would be great if I could win that DARN lottery!!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
For someone who claims to be very young, I'm impressed with your presentation of this thread. Well Done

Here is a book, I think, you and your Mum. might find helpful It is a good guide to beginning to understand your abilities.

Quote from cover of the book by Deepak Chopra:

Practical Intuition very succinctly and clearly, outlines how we can unlock a natural ability that we are all endowed with.

It guides you through a series of exercises for recognizing your intuition, and developing it so it becomes second nature to you. There's no new agey mumbo jumbo in it's presentation. Nor any "only special" people have this ability....we all do, some are afraid of it...some never develop it. A good guide for a starter. It's all about learning to trust your gut. It's available at A-mazon online in paperback, and other places.

Practical Intuition, by Laura Day

Gut feeling. Sixth sense. Hunch.

No matter what it’s called, intuition plays a part in the decisions we make every day.

In seminars around the world, Laura Day has taught business people, financial analysts, celebrities, homemakers, doctors, lawyers, and other professionals how to consciously tap this hidden ability.

Now, through a step-by-step guide, first-person accounts, and real-life examples, Day shows you how to unlock the remarkable power of your mind.

Once you've become comfortable in your own skin, so to speak...there are many many other books the delve much deeper into the realms of being psychic, or intuitive as I prefer to be called.

Blessing on your Journey,

Des

Thanks for the input

I'll definitely look into the book you stated, I just hope they have a Polish version of the text as my mothers english is very poor

Originally posted by pplrnuts

...so please excuse some minor spelling/grammar mistakes.

Lemme hear your 2 cents!

Ok, heres my 2 cents. First, you said to excuse your English at the beginning of your post. Let me say that your English is in the TOP percentile as far as these forums go. So do not worry about your English as you sound like a freakin English Professor in comparison to others here. Good for you !!

Also, I despise hearing dreams and predictions on these forums, but I believe your post and what you are saying. Very interesting.

Oh, one more thing, can you please have your mum try to dream of a set of numbers for me for a U.S. lottery called "Mega Millions"? If you private message me the correct numbers and I win, I will share half of it with you, I promise.

It would be great if I could win that DARN lottery!!

Thank you for complementing my english

I often joke with my mother about the lottery, its a shame she only dreams about 'bad' stuff

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Thank you for complementing my english

I often joke with my mother about the lottery, its a shame she only dreams about 'bad' stuff

Oh well, I keep trying to win that DARN lottery!!

Did your mum ever have any dreams regarding global events or have they revolved strictly around personal/family type dreams?

Very interesting!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OP there is no such things as a coincidence. That word was created to keep us confused. Everything happens for a reason. Humans have no idea of their abilities. It saddens me to know how beat down we have become. We would not be slaves to the elite if we knew our true powers.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

They were always regarding personal/family events.

Although there is one that scared me.

She had a dream, back when i was around 5 years old in poland, that there was a gunman running around shooting people (Them crazy types, I'll try find a news article if i can). In the dream my mum got shot, and she bled to death under a tree.
2 days after the dream, while out shopping, she heard on the radio that there IS a gunman running around.
She took us and herself home, and stayed indoors untill the gunman was caught.

God know what would have happened if she didnt..
edit on 16-7-2011 by Gregory11 because: Spelling mistake

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

OP you may want to see this movie if you havent.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by pplrnuts

They were always regarding personal/family events.

Although there is one that scared me.

She had a dream, back when i was around 5 years old in poland, that there was a gunman running around shooting people (Them crazy types, I'll try find a new article if i can). In the dream my mum got shot, and she bled to death under a tree.
2 days after the dream, while out shopping, she heard on the radio that there IS a gunman running around.
She took us and herself home, and stayed indoors untill the gunman was caught.

God know what would have happened if she didnt..

VERY fascinating!!

Wow!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

I saw the movie in the cinemas, great film although I didnt really like the ending

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am in the same group as you. I have also come to the conclusion my mom is psychic. (She's also Polish). In my younger years I was in denial and just dismissed it as coincidences.

The best advice I can give is to listen to her even though it seems illogical.

Once right before a routine surgery she gave me a note, written on the edge of a newspaper, that she would die if I listened to the dumb doctors. She wanted to cancel the surgery and reschedule a few months later. I totally dismissed what she said because I researched the doctors and she was going to a very highly respected hospital. Well it turned out it she did have the surgery and it went well until three days later when the hospital made a horrible error. She came close to dying (she only had about a 10% survival rate) and now is permanently disabled.

Another time she practical forbid me from even saying hello to a certain new neighbor. Her only reason is that he gave her the creeps. I did end up staying away just because it upset her so much if I said anything to him. Her creepy feeling turned out to be true because one day I found out this guy was a very dangerous criminal who had served time in prison. (My mom had no way of knowing this when he first moved in).

I have a question for you, did your mother have any "supernatural" experiences? My mother, right before a very difficult part of her life, saw a sparkler type light enter the room, change into a woman and tell her not to worry she would be blessed. This isn't something my mom told a lot of people because she thought they wouldn't believe her. So maybe there was something in your mother's past she isn't sharing.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thank's for shareing, and good for her.

In my way of thinking she is obviously doing good on the "inside" to have such a reaction. Tree's bearing fruit ect.

If "seeing" was a second awareness, it could be likened to the opposite of dissisociation. Awake and dreaming, Dreaming and being aware. It's an ability to join the sides of your mind so as not to be two minded, and something that comes eventually to anyone following a path so to speak by actions or intensions.

From my understanding tuning down from fear will allow only the dreams that are dangerous to the experience to be brought up.

I would suggest mentioning to her to try to "bend" the dreams to a better outcome, and trust that she saw a better outcome. Then see how the situation has changed.

I believe that when these come, and there is a knowing, the dream is there for the weaver to bend around it to "fine tune thier dream" .

Funny that my Grandmother immigrated here from poland .

Just my 2 bits, and cheers to you!!!
edit on 16-7-2011 by treespeaker because: added info

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My Mom showed psychic tendencies as well.

She always seemed to know when I was about to get into trouble and get up to no good. She knew when I lied about being with Ronnie when a neighbor claimed I lit a bag of dog poo on fire on his porch.

She continues to this day by calling when my wife and are about to have some alone time...it never fails.

The woman is psychic maybe all moms are?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregory11

In 1991, I had my first similar event. I was moving into my first house with my husband to be. We bought a fixer upper. So we were struggling and really busy working on it. I was 27 at the time.The neighbor lady next door sat at her window and watched us work on the house and come and go. One time when I was pulling out of the driveway in the first week, I said to myself as soon as I meet her she may pass on. Weird. I was upset by that and deliberately put off meeting her for two to three weeks. She finally cornered my husband one night and they called me over. She invited me in and then told me her whole life story and then the history of her house, and told me the pain she felt constantly. I left after two hours of listening, I went home to bed. At midnight an ambulance took her away, she had stomache surgery that night and then died. I was astonished. I felt really bad about that, if I knew her and her relatives I could had said something.

Later the next year my Dad came over to help with odd jobs on the house and to have a break from my mom. Everytime he pulled out of the driveway I felt like it would be one of the last times I would see him. He then
proceded to get cancer in the following year and died in 1993 a year later. I was horrified.

In the past twenty years I have had a few sparse premonitions and bad feelings before bad events. Mostly they are about close family or friends. I have thought about why I sometimes get a small notice on bad events I can do nothing to stop. Maybe it's to soften the blow, or to be there for that person. I dont't know if it's certain places on this earth that trigger it, or the people themselves. I never get clued in on the good news. It happens randomly and some years I get no feelings or messages. Its almost like people who get these notices are a radio of some sort? I don't know. I am no physic, I think alot of people get these messages and ignore themselves.

I was in Harper's Ferry, Maryland once and had a very oppressive bad feeling about the place to the point that I just wanted to leave. We left the historic district and went home. Later, I found out that is one of America's most haunted places. The feeling there was just plain yucky. I have had that feeling house hunting on and off over twently years. One house my husband loved I just hated and I couldn't really say why. A friend a year later told me the husband and wife had a divorce there and the husband hung himself in the back yard..... I think the
realator should be disclosing that kind of info to potential buyers. I am glad I didn't buy it. I think negative energy just hangs around.

One fixer upper we bought the neighbor came over to introduce herself once and we asked if the previous owner had pets because it had urinated everywhere all over that house. No pets, but the man died naked right where our TV was in the living room. He sat there dead for days or weeks before someone noticed. I never watched TV
in there again, we moved on away. I am not so sure a neighbor should tell this information after you just moved in.

I moved in my current house a long time ago and met a very creepy man... since then...
My current neighbors just bought a house where a woman fell off the deck and hit her head and never went to bed. The husband, the creepy man, didn't even notice she didn't go to bed? He was two buyers previous to the current people.
All this happened before I moved in. He was so creepy I didn't want to stand and talk to him. He slapped his golden retriever in the head for no apparent reason. I felt sorry for his lovely dog. He moved away and remarried one year after the previous bi polar wife's death. Creepy. All the neighbors were speculating. It is amazing what you can pick up on just standing there and listening to yourself.
edit on 16-7-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

top topics

join