It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Humans Know Silence?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Hello Itisnowagain.

Can humans know silence? Yes we can. Through meditation I can reach the state of no mind and no self... the vast void of no thought and no perception.

and that my friend is the state of being when one can look back and say...I have seperated self from the cosmos...
in fact, if it were possible to witness one's 'silent' journey we might find that an entity is traveling faster than light, it were as if the entity was traveling through a wormhole.
but the reality is, that when we achieve the state of nothingness, then we are not speeding through the cosmos...rather that the expanding universe is speeding its way around us (as we sit there meditating)

while this process is happening, we, in our state of no thought/nothingness/silence...are not really aware that we are in that state= it is only looking back or reflecting that the awareness takes ahold.....

that's sorta where my 'signature' is leading (the quote from Dr. Jung, below)

thanks
edit on 17-7-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The entity that we think we are can not exist within the silence, indeed.
The 'me' that says i witnessed the silence is just a thought.
The silence is in fact the witness.
There is no 'me'.

So, humans can not know silence.
However, silence is aware.

edit on 17-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The silence puts fear into a lot of people especially when they are younger and more impressionable because it feels like failure. There has always been the thought and need to know something or have something to say. The silent spaces make us feel stupid if we don't understand it, we feel awkward, we run from the silence. It is alien to us because we have not allowed ourselves to be there.
We fill ourselves up, we don't believe in emptiness. It is not something that can be wanted until it is something that is begged for. Silence, when known as rest, is highly desired, emptiness is seen as a peace.
There must be a welcoming for the silence and when the silence is accepted it will show you that it is always peaceful.
At first it seems that silence is being experienced now and then. There is a 'oh, look it is quiet now..........wow!' and it seems as though it needs to be caught in some way, we want more and more.
The silence though is not an experience, this is the confusion, the silence is the background of all experiences. Experiences come and go. But the silence is constant.
When the silence is given room, it creates room, it becomes expansive. Soon it is noticed that the silence is always present even in noisy environments.
We can dwell there and look from there, view life from the peaceful place.
It is what we are.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It is weird when the is silence is seen to be underlying everything, it is tactile like a clear transparent soup. It is as though time stands still. There is a recognition that i am the only one here. It is like a secret that plants and animals know and i relate to them in way of complete gratitude, the word that seems most fitting is worship.
It is not just animals and plants, although they are so innocent it brings tears to my eyes or laughter, it feels like pure and direct connection. There is no disconnection ever, and in the silence this is seen clearly. There is beauty in all things even people and their mind made dramas. This character that i thought i was, does what it does and it is all watched from somewhere behind all the drama from a okness that is indescribable. The whole world is watched from the silent place and nothing can take it away.
Life can be enjoyed because nothing can harm what you are.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Your life becomes easy when there is no need for anything. The silence is a given when it is recognized to be where ever you are. Nothing to get now, home. Everything else is just a bonus.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In essense, there is a state of being as an animal - sight sound taste and smell - Basically just to see the world and act as one is - that is the state of mindlessness.

Silence is when the mind is still at the forefront, however, is empty.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The silence!
You have to talk to the noise and tell him that his otherness exist and encompass it self as Silence.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

And something that is aware of that silence and it is also silent.
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yummy yummy words. There are three posts you made on this the second page, equally yummy. Love the silence!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A silent mind, is a mind that can no longer distract you with it's constant chattering. It is one that can no longer draw power from your attention in sufficient amounts, so it goes quiet after a while. This can take some time to accomplish, meditation practices, can lead you to true meditation. In time, it happens on it's own.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The silence is always present, it just isn't noticed by the speaking mind.
It is the quiet that contains the mind.
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It is a chasm - a complete diametric cancellation of all perpendicular energies - but you exist, don't you?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
One name for you watchers out there to google, if you dont allready know him: yongey mingyur rinpoche, a true master of our time.

Osho says we can be like an hurricane.

The eye of the hurricane is calm quiet and silent. Thats the observer who is always there, allthough we may be living the winds/emotions of life, the eye of the hurricane is always there, watching it, calm and centered.

Thats the way!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
excellent thread

you have cut the rope keeping the tether

I too have seen the reflections and the water fall right through the bucket

How recent was it for you? I sense a young state of freedom in truth
edit on 7-5-2013 by preludefanguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

What is left is whatever experiences are felt. if no experiences are felt then there you have experienced a little slice of death.
edit on 7-5-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

What is left is whatever experiences are felt. if no experiences are felt then there you have experienced a little slice of death.
edit on 7-5-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

What is left is whatever is happening presently.
Even when the mind is chattering away - it is just what is happening presently. There is only ever what is happening - it is just that the mind says there is more - it speaks of more.
The silence does not make things up, so when the mind goes quiet and still, it is easy to see what is what and what is not.

edit on 7-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes, you are right, there is no use in talking to ones self.

However, there is not one teacher, as there has been in the past, but we are all the teacher.

As the darkness has spoken; we are legion; so too must man say: we are endless.

Today I woke up, in the midst of the birthing pangs of an old mother. Today, and every moment that comes forth through us, is the Golden age unfolding. Like that of an origami piece, carefully constructed for our delight in unfolding it, and coming to know its simplicity without form, and its complexity taking shape with every attentive fold put back into it to reshape to our continuance.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by preludefanguy
excellent thread

you have cut the rope keeping the tether

I too have seen the reflections and the water fall right through the bucket

How recent was it for you? I sense a young state of freedom in truth
edit on 7-5-2013 by preludefanguy because: (no reason given)

Thank you.

edit on 7-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thank you!

Thanks to us all... the 'good' the 'evil'

for without any part of it, there would be none of it, and from there being none of it, we have the whole of it.

Thank you so much

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

According to mystic teachings, the natural state of the soul is Sound, not silence.

Variously know as Divine Melody, Music of the Spheres, Naam, Shabda, Word of God, Tao, Unstruck Melody, Sound Current, the Lost Chord, Logos, (and so forth), this Sound reverberates endlessly throughout the Cosmos and may be heard by anyone who has developed their finner inner senses of hearing and sight.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Meditation will cut the roots of our clinging to the noise, to the thoughts that are arising and ceasing within awareness.

Understanding and Wisdom will develop out of this witnessing and help to prolong this state of silent awareness.

But these alone are not enough, there must be something more... and that "something more" is "Right Living". When we begin living in accordance to this understanding of the nature of existence, to this nature of phenomena simply arising and ceasing within awareness, enlightenment will become ever present and all pervading. This is why the Buddha did not return to his palace as a Prince after his enlightenment. He understood merely seeing and experiencing was not enough. One must come to live in accordance with nature, as nature. This is what we should all strive towards.

Peace friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join