It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman gropes TSA agent's breast at checkpoint, get charged with felony

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by SFA437

If you voluntarily consent to the search WHICH YOU DO WHEN YOU GET YOUR BOARDING PASS, there are NO violations of civil liberties and NO 4th Amendment issues. If you give me consent to have sex with you it is not rape it is having a good time. If you give me consent to punch you it is boxing not assault.

Two people fighting can both be charged with assault even if neither want to press criminal charges.

As far as giving consent or contracted to being searched, you are, but you have no alternative. If you fly from a country that doesn't have those searches, and arrive in America, are you expected to not return to your home country because you refuse consent?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You all can sit here and argue amongst yourselves about this. If the TSA does the right thing or not. If they are protecting you from some "terrorist". But this is the situation.

What the TSA is currently doing in their enhanced pat downs is borderline, and sometimes WAY over the border, Sexual assault. You can gladly go look up the meaning of sexual assault if you think I am wrong. The TSA is getting away with this because our current Government does not give a damn about you or me. They don't care about your safety. Don't kid yourself. They are not there to make you feel all warm and fuzzy before you get on that plane. They are there to condition you. To make you get used to having your rights stripped away from you in the name of safety. Plain and simple.

If you want to argue this point with me go ahead. But if you really think I am supposed to feel better when Billy Bob the failed plumber, or Jenny with the GED is searching someone for bombs or weapons, your extremely wrong. First off I'm smart enough to realize that any "real" terrorist plot is not going to involve some box cutters or some underwear bomber. It would involve a much more involved plot. And these TSA "agents" are not going to prevent it.

So yes.. you that feel the TSA is "doing its job". You go ahead. You let them grope you, and irradiate you. You go ahead and let them feel up your children and check them for drugs. You let them trample all over your civil liberties every time you fly. If it makes you feel all safe and secure. It's a joke. And anyone who believes that the Transportation Security Administration is here to make YOU safe, your blind.

Am I being harsh? Yes I am. Because I am so sick and tired of seeing stories like this day in and day out. And all we do is get mad about it. And when we get mad about it there are always the bunch who come out to defend them. "Oh just don't fly"... "Oh they aren't breaking any laws"... "Oh its a private airport"... "Oh your constitutional rights somehow vanish when you step into an airport". Sometimes discussions are good. But they will NEVER get us anywhere. Until MASSIVE amounts of people start standing up to the TSA and their thugs, nothing will be done. We can video tape them all we want. There is enough "evidence" out there that something should have been done already. This should clearly show you that the US Government doesn't give two sh**s about you or me. They don't care. The TSA in their mind is here to stay. Unless more people like this woman STAND UP to them.

If you feel the behavior of the TSA is wrong or offensive... then its time to stand up to them. Don't sit here writing on some blog. Enough is enough. Next time you fly DO something about it. If enough people do something then maybe the government will be FORCED to deal with the issue.

And for those who feel the TSA are good... and wholesome... and are here to protect you.. and give your children safe hugs to make sure they aren't terrorists... Please... pull your heads out of your asses. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by DerekJR321

Am I being harsh? Yes I am.

No you're not.

You summed it up rather nicely.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by caladonea

You've got a funny idea about the law.

It's okay to constantly touch breasts and crotches and to feel up the elderly and young children, but a little tit for tat is illegal.

The people are rising up on their hind legs, slowly but surely.

Government has grown too big for its britches.

Time for us to put our hands in its crotch.

I do not have a funny idea about the law.....I do not approve of many TSA agents and the way they do their searches....if you read what I orignally wrote...I think many of them should be fired. What is the solution...I wish I knew.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrKnoxx
reply to post by caladonea

NO my friend, I believe if your going to go around unjustly molesting senior citizens and children its about time someone does the same damn thing to you. People are too scared to fight back, and yes as stupid and goofy as the story is, the fact someone took the guts to molest the molester is a testament that the human spirit is still alive and not completely reformed. So yes, liking what she did indeed makes me a horrible person, so please commence Sh!##ing on me.
edit on 16-7-2011 by MrKnoxx because: words

I don't think you are a horrible person...at all....and now I understand more of where you are coming from.....and you make some very good points....please read my original post....I think I do too.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'd rather be BLOWN up than FELT up.

Anyone who feels otherwise is a chicken***t.

Stand up for your rights under the Fourth Amendment.

Thomas Jefferson didn't want his package fondled. That's why he wrote the damn thing.

WAKE UP!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
This is the way I view this whole mess.....TSA employees are trained to do a specific job....a pat down of people flying around the planet.....some of the TSA employees do their job correctly....some I think go too far and are offensive. I think there should be a re-training of their employees and a firing of many.

Anyone can be used....to carry....whatever....no matter what their age. Everyone wants to be safe....everyone does not want another 9/11. So...the TSA pat downs are necessary.

The person that grabbed the TSA agents breast was most likely angry and in a (see how you like it!) frame of mind...that person was wrong....and should have had enough restraint and common sense to know that the TSA agent was legally hired to do a job....and did that job...(it is all on camera).

Conclusion....the arrest was not out of line...and I personally do not rejoice in the fact that the TSA employee was assaulted.

I also do not rejoice in the way many TSA agents do their job....they are out of line....and do come across as perverts.....however...not all of them....some do care and try not to offend people.
edit on 16-7-2011 by caladonea because: add more

I am posting this again....so some of you will read my points....thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
I'd rather be BLOWN up than FELT up.

Anyone who feels otherwise is a chicken***t.

Stand up for your rights under the Fourth Amendment.

Thomas Jefferson didn't want his package fondled. That's why he wrote the damn thing.

WAKE UP!

Beautiful. And caladonea, I did read your post, you have some points, similar stances on this issue, I can only say the TSA abuse is a very passionate topic for me, as its a violation of everything I stand for. So if I come off aggressive about it, that is why.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The fiundamental argument you guys are missing in this case is the lady who got arrested for assault did not have permission to touch her.

On the flipside of the coin when you fly, you are voluntarily going through a security checkpoint where you know you are going to be patted down. Its not forced on you, IE you have every right to fiond another form of transportation to get you to your destination.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't understand the logic some of you are presenting. It's very black and white thinking, and intellectually dishonest, as you're leaving a bit of information out to try and push your point.

There's a lot of that on this site, pushed by people who have an agenda to twist people's views and ...I think it's actually all about causing chaotic anarchy. Some of you really seem to want that to take place. That's pretty much a sign of psychopathy. Be weary, ats readers. You're being conned.

As for the TSA agents, I view the issue like police officers. Some cops have excellent intentions, and some are corrupt to some degree, others are corrupt to the core, it seems. This is the same for any profession, although I would think the amount of corruption would tend to be concentrated in fields where a lot of authority is present.

It's the same for the TSA agents. Unless they're outright psycho, they know better than to truly grope someone, and if they do, they will likely get charged. The world IS becoming more dangerous, due to a variety of reasons. Civilization is starting to crumble, and measures must be taken to secure order to some extent.

I personally opted out of the dose of radiation, and wilfully was "groped" as some are putting it. It was NOTHING. I didn't feel as if my "rights" were being stripped, and the whole process was over rather quickly.

Some perceive this to be conditioning for the police state. I see the police state as the inevitable outcome of the end of abundance of various natural resources on this here rock. Don't confuse intention with causation. Just because extreme measures are starting to be rolled out, doesn't mean the intent is "evil". It's necessary.
edit on 16-7-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

On the flipside of the coin when you fly, you are voluntarily going through a security checkpoint where you know you are going to be patted down. Its not forced on you, IE you have every right to fiond another form of transportation to get you to your destination.

Countries make decisions that affect who and how people will commute. There should be no reason to stop people from voicing their concerns about their government's choices.

The simple fact that pat-downs are not done in countries that face more threats than the US, shows that the US has chosen a method of security that is invasive on its citizens.

Simple as that.

The only thing I can see from this, is that people will stop flying as often as they have before. Was that the point?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Countries make decisions that affect who and how people will commute. There should be no reason to stop people from voicing their concerns about their government's choices.

The simple fact that pat-downs are not done in countries that face more threats than the US, shows that the US has chosen a method of security that is invasive on its citizens.

Simple as that.

The only thing I can see from this, is that people will stop flying as often as they have before. Was that the point?

Faulty logic.

Perhaps the U.S. is being more proactive than these other countries you point to, but provide no source to back it up.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Im not questioning or arguing about the right of the people to voice concerns / complain. What I am saying is doing what this lady did to the TSA agenct is illegal in the sense she did it without consent.

When you fly, you are agreeing to submit to a security check.

The TSA touching a person going through security, and a person reurning the grope in kind to TSA are 2 seperate issues, IE one is legal, the other is not.

I am suggesting that people find a diffeent method of protesting the TSA that will not result in an assault charge and jail time. Doing what this lady did does nothing but give more ammo to the TSA to justify larger staffing at airports, and possibly moving into making them law enforcement, if there is an uptick in violence against the agents.

Also, people need to quit complaining about TSA agents and actually go after the culprits, which would be Congress, for creating the DHS and TSA and for confirming the Secretary of that agency who allows the methods used by the TSA in the first place.

Quit complaining about the agents and start complaining to your representatives in office to get the law changed at the federal level.

just saying.
edit on 16-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I think the end idea is to have tiered travelling system. Where only certain people will fly. Whether or not that happens in the long run is anybody's guess.

Frequent fliers may soon be able to skip long security lines after the TSA today announced it will begin testing out a trusted traveller program at four airports.

Passengers who enrol on the scheme - and submit extra information about themselves - will be able to go through quicker screening at Atlanta, Detroit, Miami and Dallas Fort-Worth. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join