It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you see as the SHTF worst case scenario? What do you envision?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
How do you picture the scenario when the SHTF?..., what do you see happening, what will change in your daily life?

I have been wondering about what every one thinks the worst case scenario will be when the SHTF?

Will it be being knocked off-grid?

Will it be financial a collapse?

Will it be employment?

Will it be another war?

Will it be an invasion?

Will it be aliens?

Will it be an earthquake?

Will it be a tsunami?

Will it be global warming?

Will it be our own government?

Will it be the banks?

Will it be meteors?

Will it be nuclear destruction?

Will it be floods?

Will it be wild fires?

Will it be hurricanes?

Will it be a terrorist attach?

Will it be an invasion by another country?

Will it be some thing else?

What ever you see in your minds eye as the SHTF scenario , how do you see it affecting your daily life? Your family's daily life? Your ability to work? Your children getting an education? Your nation? The world? What, in your minds eye do you see happening? What will you NEED to survive? How will you survive in the worst case scenario in your mind?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The worst case scenario is it hitting "my" fan and invalidating whatever prep I did do. Like the meteor hitting my house. Other than that - it doesn't much matter in my opinion. Let tomorrow worry about itself.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I see revolution in the next 7 months as obama attempts to steal another term, it will be a short revolution and everyone needing termination will be gotten rid of and life will begin again with victory and justice on the side of the people. That's about all i see, economic collapse cannot happen when people are moving and shaking, although the government would attempt to scaring you into believing so, its only propaganda, just turn the TV off and shoot anyone who try's busting down your doors...you'll be ok

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
First sign, the grocery store shelves will be empty...Nobody will probably say anything, just pretend it is all ok...

Crime,.... burglary and armed robberies will rise dramatically....People need to make money somehow. It is not all roses out there you know.

Jobs disappear, lots of jobs.....Maybe before the food shelves are empty....I don't know.

Anyways it gets worse for the city folk.

We will fish and hunt deer around here.

Thats about it................Extreme is like the movie "The Road."

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I always have invisioned a natural disaster, like the myths of old. I think that its because I believe, subconsciously maybe, that humans are altruistic at their core and that any man made catastrophe could be averted by the will of honest hearted and respectful people. Wishful thinking maybe? But hey, what do I know?
edit on 16-7-2011 by TheAncientsKnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I will not speculate as to what is going to happen. I think we may get our butts kicked, literally or figuratively, maybe both. My gut says that what ever it is, it will not be singular but multiple. We will get blindsided in 2 -3 different ways. Your list probably contains whatever those may be.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The question what kind of SHTF is very much the wrong question to ask ..... the question to ask is - how am I best prepared for every type of SHTF .... and it is as simple as preparing a kit containing # you will need.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
We will go the way of the dinosaur ...
It has happened before and It will happen again .
your best outlook will be..to be vaporized in the blast..and in those days the liveing will envy the dead
edit on 16-7-2011 by granpabobby because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
I see revolution in the next 7 months as obama attempts to steal another term, it will be a short revolution and everyone needing termination will be gotten rid of and life will begin again with victory and justice on the side of the people. That's about all i see, economic collapse cannot happen when people are moving and shaking, although the government would attempt to scaring you into believing so, its only propaganda, just turn the TV off and shoot anyone who try's busting down your doors...you'll be ok

A revolution? It's possible. Hell, any thing is possible at this point.

If those who need to be terminated, are gotten rid off, it would make it all worth while.

Thanks for your response!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I have not seen the movie The Road. I may have to see if I can find that one.

Crime increasing, no matter what, I can see happening. Hell, it already it is with the way our economy is with employment now. It's not going to get any better soon.

I have to wonder if the grocery store shelves would become bare after a major event vs just become bare.

Jobs, we already know, are not getting any better. I fear that will continue to decline.

Not looking very good, is it?

Thanks for your reply

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

I sadly have to say I agree with you! If something that bad happens, I'd rather opt out of the next phase...trying to survive.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nilsecret

I agree to an extent. I am ready if I can remain in my home. If I had to leave, or my home is destroyed, I'd be screwed. I can't take all that I have for my SHTF event, along with my family, and all we would need to survive if we were made to leave our home.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

OH man, I hope you're wrong! Two or three events out of the list would be pretty bad. One, in my mind, is bad enough

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAncientsKnew

Very interesting. I have often wondered myself if thinking alone could change any event. If you believe that some thing bad is going to happen, speak of it, etc...is it your own made prophecy? Can the people change it by their thoughts? One can only wonder....

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The definition of SHTF is unique to everyone. It'd be impossible to label a specific scenario as SHTF.

Some already think the SHTF, and some think it has yet to pass, but it's imminent, while some have yet to define it, etc.

If STHF had a specific meaning, such as 'human extinction', this would be a different story.

In that case, I'd say an asteroid impact hitting us before we're able to colonize another planet, as it seems to be the only plausible way the earth could sustain such a sudden change and cause extinction. Of course, we may develop a bomb that inadvertently destroys the planet first. So whichever comes first, I think those are the 2 likely scenarios.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I envision pretty much all of the OP taking place. The only exception is that I would replace 'aliens' with 'a single, government enforced world wide religion'. By the way, all of those disasters are mentioned in the Book of Revelations, and from my point of view, nearly all of the end time technologies and warning signs are in place.
The only thing I see that has yet to be fulfilled is when Obomber taunts the American people one too many times, and we finally bite back, he'll declare martial law and impose himself as a new Caesar of sorts. I mean, he's impeachable on so many fronts; citizenship, illegal wars, giving the finger to congress and being the UN's lapdog, etc., that it makes you wonder why he is so untouchable. He's a stone's throw away from being the Anti-Christ.

If the American people start to riot, or if we have a big enough national disaster, you'll see our POTUS taking off his mask and showing us his true face. Or, maybe I'm wrong, and it'll be his successor, Perry. Either way, I'd say we're doomed in Biblical proportions.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The day the SHTF will be when yellowstone caldera erupts and spews tons of volcanic ash into the air, affecting the growing seasons for years to come. Everyone within the surrounding states will be killed. Food will be scarce. Fuel will be like gold. The world population cut in half when there's not enough food to go around. The least affected will be the amazon lost tribes. But their bananas won't grow the same.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
One thing I didn't see in your SHTF scenarios would be a Super Volcano like Yellowstone going off, yeah that would suck. The most likely SHTF scenario IMO would be economic collapse, but I'm not sure how bad it's going to get when that happens.

Edit: Crap, nrd101 best me to it.
edit on 16-7-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
To me, the worst case scenario would be one of three possible events.

1. EMP. Be it manmade or solar. A massive electromagnetic pulse would do a lot of damage globally. And would most likely lead to thousands if not millions of deaths. We have become to reliant on our current state of technology and for the most part, our nation is just too unprepared.

2. Supervolcano Eruption. Doesn't matter where it is. The most plausible is, of course, the Yellowstone Caldera. If it were to erupt, 90% of the United States would be buried under ash and debris. I would be ok. But the ensuing drop in temperature and loss of food supply would kill quite a few of the survivors across the globe. And who knows how long the resulting ice age will last.

3. Meteorite Impact. Depending on the size of the rock, it probably isn't going to be survivable no matter what you do.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Whatever the SHTF scenario is, I think people are starting to prepare. I am new to the survivalist way of thinking, I am new to really thinking that a big, super bad could happen that could affect my family and our survival. I personally think that economic collapse is the main concern that is driving people right now. I live in a metro area and I patronize the local library to research and read. If you want a book, whether it be Back to the Basics or One Second After, you will be on a waiting list. I had the library purchase the book Lights Out, I read, returned and it now has a wait list. To me that says that people are not feeling secure.
edit on 16-7-2011 by AuntB because: Forgot a word.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join