It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to "Beat" that 'Ole War Horse Disney Again...This is Not Obvious or Anything...Sheesh

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Thanks for the backup Daddio - Disney is blatant....it is a $ maker and nothing else - any "morals" associated with it are bought and sold with the product.

CJ

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by daddio

Thanks for the backup Daddio - Disney is blatant....it is a $ maker and nothing else - any "morals" associated with it are bought and sold with the product.

CJ

We just got home a few hours ago, my wife had been to Disney many times through her years and has stated very blatantly, WE WILL NEVER BE GOING BACK. Our 7 year old had only been there when she was 2. This is why we went this year, so she could see it and have fun. I got involved with my wife just over a year ago, we really clicked right away and knew it was destiny. I myself had never been to Disney, my nephew loved it before he passed away 2 years ago. I could not understand why. Watching my wifes 13 year old girl reacting to all the boys there explained it quite well, she wasn't into Disney, she was into boy watching. But I will say this, the people/sheep walking around there are definitely brain dead. I was sick to my stomach, the lack of respect and responsibility in personal actions was incredible. It seems like disrespect for your fellow man is encouraged to no end. My wife got her foot ran over by a double wide stroller and the woman just thought we were int he wrong. People will not move aside for you, you must for them, sad. I felt like punching people in the head everywhere. I had to refrain, thaqt was VERY hard to do. Epcot was the worst, the NWO agenda is SOOOO promoted there!! Putting a pill into you to monitor health, RFID. Then the biometrics, It was disgusting!! I wnated to grab the nearest employee and explain how WRONG that ideology was, but no one cared, everyone was so involved in NOT taking care of themsleves and WANTING the government to take care of them. Man we are so screwed!!!!!!!

Society is a joke today......Thank You Disney World for destroying this once wonderful thing we have known as life, human life!!!
edit on 19-7-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I hear you daddio, just take a deep breath - no one forced you to go - but sometimes in life we have to take a hit - hopefully this is the worst you have to face!!

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by daddio

I hear you daddio, just take a deep breath - no one forced you to go - but sometimes in life we have to take a hit - hopefully this is the worst you have to face!!

CJ

LOL...I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone has talked about. My brother loves Disney, he says "it's Magical", I laugh now and give him the business!! He goes for his 2 daughters sake, but I think he is aware of what they do and keeps his girls away from the major BS like Epcot. They go for the rides and the diversity and to get away from home.

My wife went as a kid and wanted her kids to have fun there, but this time she went with a different attitude and open eyes and really saw what was going on and she has now come to the realization that it is just not worth all the time and effort to go back.

There is so much more to life than the Disney BS, when I told her it was it's own country she thought I was crazy!! It is in fact it's own municipality. How stupid.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It looks more like it is sold for the sexual pleasure of the ones who produced the toy. And in the setting with a toy for children it gives a very bad taste of "humor"

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
yeah...except that Disney didn't make the toy -- Mattel did. If anyone is at fault here, it's Mattel.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassp83
yeah...except that Disney didn't make the toy -- Mattel did. If anyone is at fault here, it's Mattel.

That would be wrong. Mattel is contracted to manufacture the toy to the specifications given them BY Disney. They make the package art to the specs also. The box design and the display are ALL to the specifications of Disney Inc.

I worked for Leisure Dynamics back in the early 80's, we made "Perfection", Super Fection", "Aggravation", "Barrel of Monkey's" and more, these were manufactured BY Liesure Dynamics FOR Lakeside Games. We were all in the same building but the design team which was employed by Lakesdie Games, then gave us, the engineers for Leisure Dynamics, the blue prints for the toys and the packaging, then it was up to us at Leisure Dynamics to manufacture the stuff. We made prototypes and they went back to Lakeside Games for approval, once approved, manufacture would begin.

Disney would have had to approve the toy and the artwork, which should have been to thier specifications. THIS is ALL Disney's doing!!!!! Just the anal thermometers for kids in SpongeBob and Little Mermaid form!! Sick.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
LMAO I've just found my friends the perfect wedding present!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Spot on. There is no way this gets produced until Disney has final say. Disney is a HUGE source of income for Matell and they do what Disney says - not the other way around - and thanks for the personal insights throughout the thread - it makes it more immediate.

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I am currently in the industry. No, Disney does not provide all the specs for products to be produced. Companies bid on a license, and then manufacture toys. Yes, they must be 'approved' by Disney, but Disney did not design them.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cassp83

Disney, as you point out has the final say. In other words, as it should be, they are responsible for every toy or produc licensed in their name - yes?

CJ

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join