It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China committing colonialism with high unemployment numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have little or no hard evidence to support this hypothesis, but let me submit the following for your consideration.

1. The male to female ratios in China are high due to the one child policy. This means there are going to be a lot of men without mates, if there are not already.

2. Unemployment rates in Western countries like the US are particularly high among men. Layoffs, outsourcing, and sluggish job growth have hit male-dominated professions like manufacturing and engineering pretty hard.

If all the men in the west are unemployed, this puts the Chinese males at a particularly advantageous position. Chinese men with good employment prospects can swoop in and take Western brides who are sick of dealing with Western men who are all "deadbeats." This in turn allows Chinese men to be fathers to generations of well heeled westerners, thus increasing China's influence over the world.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Dumbest thing I've ever read. Congratulations.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

You have got one hell of an imagination coming up with something like this. Besides underestimating American and Western women you are insulting them. Maybe a handful of them are materialistic and get wooed away to China. A lot of American and Western women also married Mideastern oil tycoons. I do not think they are having a hell of a good time considering the culture shock awaiting them in their new home. People consider these things before taking the plunge so it's not going to happen as per your scenario.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

You have got one hell of an imagination coming up with something like this. Besides underestimating American and Western women you are insulting them. Maybe a handful of them are materialistic and get wooed away to China. A lot of American and Western women also married Mideastern oil tycoons. I do not think they are having a hell of a good time considering the culture shock awaiting them in their new home. People consider these things before taking the plunge so it's not going to happen as per your scenario.

new topics

top topics

join