It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Somone Please Assist Me With This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I recently stayed at a hotel on a business trip and while flipping through their channels I located a channel that peaked my interest. Unfortunately, I have no idea what this channel was for, nor, did I have any idea why I could see it on both of the TVs inside of the room.

I took a short video before leaving and just uploaded it to youtube so that I could possibly get the assistance of ATS on what this is. Partially through the video I changed the channel one channel higher and one lower to show that it was an easily available channel.

Mods, once there is some understanding of what this is, please feel free to move this thread as necessary. I found that this would probably be the best place to initially start the thread.

Any help out there would be greatly appreciated!

If the embedding doesn't work (again just recently uploaded) please follow the youtube link:

www.youtube.com...

Thank you all in advance for the assistance.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TSearchX

A signal strength indicator for dish server? I have no idea really, cuz it is a channel and not a menu item.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

To provide additional details in relation to your post, the service provided was via Charter Communications and the hotel was located in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Hopefully that helps, or maybe it doesn't, I have no friggin clue!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
since its an old TV I would say it's just say its the channel searching channel, showing strength of signal.

GM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Definitely possible, I have never witnessed a channel like that before. They were old "tube" TVs in the room.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I did a Google search for the provider and signal strength channel. It returned an explanation for channel 118. You post referred to channel 117, same ballpark, could be the same.

link: www.highdefforum.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DrDanielT

PERFECT! Thank you for looking that up and providing that information to me. I do really appreciate the help from all who responded (stars for all).

MODs - you can close this thread, thank you.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Showing signal strength. Once in awhile from the engineers at the network it accidently gets shown off one of the 20 or so booth monitors.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's an oscilloscope output. The trace's indicate that its a three channel oscilloscope and is showing the first channel. The Hold function is on which will show the peak levels since it has been turned on.

From memory 27 MHz is roughly the frequency of citizens band(CB) two-way radio.

I have no idea at all why it would be on hotel screen though.

top topics

join