It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians and Israelis march together

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hundreds of Israelis and Palestinians have staged a peaceful march in east Jerusalem to support the Palestinian bid for United Nations recognition.

The marchers on Friday waved Palestinian flags and carried signs reading, "Everyone has the right to an independent state," "Marching to independence" and "Only free people can negotiate for peace".

The demonstrators said the UN initiative was an essential step as hopes of negotiations between Israel and the Palestine Authority have dimmed.

"This march has been considered by many as carrying special significance, since it will serve as a litmus test for the extent of popular support among Israelis and Palestinians for the diplomatic efforts for a declaration of independence," organisers said in a statement.

They marched from the Old City's Jaffa Gate to the neighbourhood of Sheikh Jarrah, the site of weekly protests against efforts by Jewish settlers to move into largely Arab neighbourhoods in the city.

Heres some good news: Both Israelis and Palestinians uniting behind a common cause. Peace, equality, freedom and independence.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
the israeli's have another name for this: target practice.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Good to see but will MSM play it down?

Israel is a small minority in the world..

Their influence on Palestine becoming a state should reflect that..

IMO Israel wields far too much influence for such a small population..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

And which group would they target, the Palestinians or the Israelis that agree with them?

Or wouldn't Israel care as anyone that supports Palestine is considered the enemy??

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Mind giving a source? I'm not doubting you, I just want to read for myself and can't be bothered net searching at this moment.

Common people of all walks of life love peace. It's the rich and those with agendas who work to keep separation and turmoil.

I would love to see a fully free Israel/Palestine as one nation with equal rights and opportunities. There wouldn't be much fighting if the country was equal to both peoples, just like before the Balfour Declaration.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Here ya go..
www.aljazeera.com...

I also started a thread recently about an Israeli and Palestinian team coming to Australia to compete in our Aussie Rules World Cup..

It didn't get much attention on ATS..
Seems peaceful actions don't warrant interest sadly..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Very cool, I wish them luck on their bid for independence.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It was a great news, it made me happy to read it.
I know lots of hatred and fight everywhere but there are good people from anywhere no matter what their background.
We only need to grow number of people that think clearly with the same want to achieve peace and working together, and human can reach the best of their civilization should be.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Sahabi

Here ya go..
www.aljazeera.com...

I also started a thread recently about an Israeli and Palestinian team coming to Australia to compete in our Aussie Rules World Cup..

It didn't get much attention on ATS..
Seems peaceful actions don't warrant interest sadly..

Unfortunately I think that's true. Even this thread should have many more flags and stars.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Really? Do you think there are going to be that many children there?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Beautiful demonstration on how people are people. While extremists on both ends would like to have these people bash each others heads in, it's great to see them coming together. It's the only way to fight the governments who want to divide entire populations to be able to sell their guns.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Finally a bit of good news outta that area! Star it flag it come on. We need to emphasize the good amidst the sh*tstorm over there for crying out loud.

I suppose Nibiru nonsense is much more palatable to the mind, than this type of story..... GAH!!
edit on 16-7-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Great for them, it's only when the two people can see each other for who they are and not their idiotic government peace will come to light. We all deserve our own niche on this planet. Israeli's, Palestinians and everyone else.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Very encouraging, we can only hope it doesn't come under attack, as this seems to be the normal run of things. It also puts into perspective a lot of other more trivial hate wars going on right now around the world. Take a leaf from the book of these people and learn from it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I love stuff like this.

Im Muslim and wish they would all just get along already xD

oh and S&F for you!
edit on 16-7-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This is not real and will not last long. it is 21st century and Zionists should know that , they can not kill some one and then shake hands with them.

It is not possible .

It is like a man brakes into your house and kills your brother and won't leave your home. the question is : will you attempt to be friend with him ?

edit on 16/7/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Afew hundred Palestinians and Israelis v 7.5 million Israelis and 3 million Palestinians.

Thats a no brainer and will receive little attention.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
WHA, WHA, WHAT???

Did I just read something involving Palestinians and Israelis acting peaceful towards each other???? HUH?

Hell must be freezing over as we speak. Maybe Yahweh and Allah both froze up with hell too!! If so HOORAY for that.

G-D/Yahweh and Allah would be very unhappy to see Israelis and Palestinians getting along!!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
WHA, WHA, WHAT???

Did I just read something involving Palestinians and Israelis acting peaceful towards each other???? HUH?

Hell must be freezing over as we speak. Maybe Yahweh and Allah both froze up with hell too!! If so HOORAY for that.

G-D/Yahweh and Allah would be very unhappy to see Israelis and Palestinians getting along!!

No it's not surprising there plenty of Jews who speak out about the way Israel is treating the Palestinians. Not all the Jews in Israel are zionist.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Every Jew in Israel is a Zionist. Thats a no brainer!

As for many Jews who speak out about Palestinians.....they all do......or did you mean many Jews who speak out against or for Palestinians? Those speaking out for Palestinians are in the minority unless of course you can prove otherwise!

Naturally, I'm assuming all those who do speak out against Israel are more than immensely happy to open their homes up to the Palestinians and would'nt mind a Hamas militant with their family or ilk come stay with you. But will they return the favour? Gaza on any of your next holiday destination, anyone? I promise it will be be a holiday of a lifetime!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join