It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could China Towns Be A Security Threat If the West Goes to War with China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
During World War Two many German and Japanese nationals were rounded up due to security fears, this may have been unjustified on the whole, but there are documented cases of German and Japanese nationals spying for their Mother country.

The relevant question surely today is" If the west engages in warfare with China ...what happens to all the Chinatowns?

From experience in Australia visiting not only Chinatowns but strolling through Chinese neighbourhoods, it is plainly true that many of these sites inhabitants are recently arrived and show no signs of integration, evidenced by the Chinese newsagents selling papers in Chinese, and the lack of western style produce or signage.

Iam ok with the Ghettoes its legal, perhaps it would be of concern having such exclusively Chinese districts all over the Western world housing how many in numbers?

Iam confident the numbers would be in the tens of millions.

There is a long history of unchecked organised crime originating from many China towns, so who is to say there are not also maoist cells?

I guess those who believe asking such questions is somehow racist also believe that somehow these people who cling desperately to their chinese way of life and cultural beliefs will somehow suddenly be pro western in the time of war?

They may not all take up arms but they may hinder.

We need to ask our politicans if they are so concerned about security, why are their closed communities all over the western world?

I personally believe expansion of Chinese ghettoes should be stopped, but I guess that would only sound good to those who actually want the western culture to be secure.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Chinatowns already are a security threat...

But yes, I could see them rounded up and detained.
edit on 7/15/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
You ever BEEN to a Chinatown?

They already are a security threat...

But yes, I could see them rounded up and detained.

If we are too politically correct to profile muslims in airports and any other security checkpoint. Then we will be too PC to round up china town. We will just continue to bend over for fear of hurting someone's feelings.

My mother, of all people, said it best, "if middle-aged fat white women took over the planes, I would understand if they profiled me. But we didn't." Woot

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Kind of racist, actually very racist. No one should ever be detained because of the color of their skin.

IIRC, the most decorated US unit in WWII was a segregated Japanese unit fighting in Europe. This was while their brothers and sisters were being held in concentration camps withing the US. I assure you, china town is no threat to national security.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIVONIC
Kind of racist, actually very racist. No one should ever be detained because of the color of their skin.

1. Nobody said anything about the "color of their skin". Chinese is not a skin color.
2. Nobody said "YEAH ROUND 'EM UP", so nobody was being racist.
3. Learn to read before you whip out the race card.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

You clearly refer to the internment of the Japanese during WWII, which by all means was a racist act by the US government. You can argue on the meaning of "racism" all day, and whether or not they are Chinese, Asians, Asian-Americans, mainland-asains etc. but it doesn't change anything.

Even if they're of Chinese decent, they are still US citizens, and have every right of you and I.

BTW, I wasn't calling you a racist, only the concept of calling US citizens of Chinese origin a threat.
edit on 15/7/11 by ZIVONIC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIVONIC

Your post is 100 kinds of ridiculous. I never mentioned the Japanese, and I never said Chinese people were a threat. I said China towns were. By that I mean crime is rampant. I never said they should be detained, either.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I apologize, I thought you were the OP...

Anyways, my point still stands.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIVONIC

Really dude? You have never been to a chinatown have you? They do not appreciate non chinese in chinatown other than tourists buying a trinket or two and moving on. They most definitely don't appreciate police interfering in "their" town. Most don't even bother learning english, even when they have been here for decades, which really annoys me regardless of who you are.

I really believe a majority in china town, especially the older generations, would side with china if the shtf.

I will pull out the token defense against calling me a racist too. I have asian (not just chinese) friends, black friends, afghani friends (who ironically agree with profiling btw), a slew of hispanic (mostly mexican) friends, and *gasp* even some white friends (but everyone knows they are all evil right:@@
. The fact is, as long as you live in the melting pot aka usa and are not a complete douche, you will have friends of all races because that is what is great about our country. I don't believe in hyphens, we are all americans and we should act that way.

But we also should not deny common sense. If a white guy mugged you and you gave a description to the police who then pursued a black guy, you would be pissed right?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIVONIC

As Adyta has said you need to carefully read what someone has posted before accussing someone of being racist.

The chinese Iam referring to are quite clearly Chinese nationals of recent arrival.

What world do you live in?

Do you know how many chinese have in the last decade have arrived in the west?

How many do you think still have solid contacts with China?

How many do you think travel back and forth from their host country back to china and back again?

How many do you think have overstayed their visas and are not in fact US or Australian or British citizens?

How many Chinese in the west do we think are on student visas(sic)?

How many Chinese are in the west who are also communist party members?

The answer?

That is the point.

This thread is about security issues that may arise if the looming confrontation with China eventuautes.

Iam not advocating detention of Chinese ever, all Iam asking for is logic.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Perhaps you missed what I said, I never called anyone a racist. Only the concept of depriving a US citizen of his rights during a time of war because he happens to be of Chinese origin.

I have been I a few China towns around the US, and have never been a victim of racism by the ethnic Chinese community.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

During world war 2....the Japanese in America were put into camps.....so...the U.S. has done this before...and will probably do it again....also most Chinatown's have their own Mafia....so yes...danger is there.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIVONIC

Ok peace to ye.

No one is saying the Chinese are racist, it is not racist to defend your own traditions and culture that is my OP point.

I migrated to Australia decades ago Iam a dual citizen, but would I fight for Australia against my nation of birth..the nation I regularly live in each year?

No I wouldn't, yet I love Australia...Iam being honest.

So would those millions in Chinatowns and Chinese districts who have relatively recently arrived in the west fight against Mother China?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You would have to ask them. I cannot speak on their behalf.

I'm a Serbian-American, half my family fought both the Nazis and the Soviets WWII, and my other half fought the British in the Revolutionary War, I am damn proud of my heritage.

In 1999, during the NATO intervention, I faced discrimination on multiple occasions, and still do. I cannot support doing this to anyone. Besides, 99.99999999% of Chinese-Americans or Australians would probably do exactly what I did, nothing. When people start worrying about the .0000001 of possible Chinese that could be actual traitors, then the racist witch-hunt begins, and it's going to get ugly.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIVONIC

Good points and you have made me pause, which is dangerous for someone who has expired already.

The issue however is sheer weight of numbers, the small percentage you referred to spread across many nations in the west can and would constitute a threat.

During the 2000 Olympics in Australia the Chinese Government organised approx 10,000 Chinese in Australia to protest over the Aussie government recognising some Chinese protest group.

Think about that 10,000 Chinese lining up during the Olympic torch relay I think over that.

Now do you see what iam saying?

I have seen whay you are saying...no one wants what happenned in Serbia to happen to any minority(sic) but can you also see how the above example highlights the danger of unscrutinised Chinese mass migration(sic)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
always the "fun" part of living in a multi-cultural society. in fact i think the op had an interesting point. that is exactly why the interment camps happened. the Japanese of that era tended to cluster the same way. especially in coastal areas. this did cause great concern for people worried about "spies" in their midst. in all honesty most likely even a valid concern in many ways. as there were some spies, even some cases where the "spy" didn't even know they were spying. was it wrong to lock them all up? in todays PC world yes, but in all honesty maybe it was warranted to some degree. just like all arabs aren't terrorists but we are told to keep watch anyway.

as for the "closed society" aspect thats just human nature, in fact in big cities you almost always have the, chinese communities, italian, german, polish, jewish ect, everyone tends to group around together where there is a common language or even religion. its a comfort thing. heck i lived in an italian area when i was younger, guess what many of THEM couldn't speak english either. i used to work in a indian area, guess what many of THEM can't speak english either so no conspiracy in not speaking english.

now there was also mention of chinese gangs, that would be the tongs i guess.
well yet again nothing new there.
there is also japanese yakooza, the russian mob, geman mob, and can't forget about the italian mob or jewish mob either.
yet again it's a comfort thing more trust when "in the family" so to speak. so yet again no conspiracy there.

as for concern about chinese spies. of course there are. just as (you guessed it
), there are israeli, russian, brittish,canadian, vatican, and spies from pretty much every county and interest in the world. at work in pretty much every country on earth. so yes chinese spies IS a valid concern. probably not worth the effort of locking them all up tho. if we did that EVERYONE would be locked up under a valid concern we might be spying for SOMEONE.
welcome to the real world where EVERYONE spys on everyone else be it an enemy or even a friendly power. companies spy on other companies. heck even our government tells us to spy and report anything suspicious that goes on around us.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

There are already hundreds of Chinese agents within the US, and I can only assume the rest of the western world. The FBI and CIA deal with them when they can, but when we go after "china towns" and Chinese people because they wont assimilate, or on the surface do not wave the flag in support for what is probably going to be another BS war, then we have a problem.

I fully understand the logic here, and I don't have a concrete answer on what would happen to them, but another repeat of WWII discrimination is not acceptable.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

Once again a great post but again the core issue is numbers, can we logically examine this?

If there were nearly 1.5 billion eskimos with Eskimo Towns and Eskimo Districts all around th eglobe and they had the worlds scariest army I would be talking about Eskimos...mmm reminds me of pies for some reason.

Logic is easy, yet we are being manipulated by idiocy.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

<<   2 >>

join