It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

900 gallons of oil spill into Missouri River in ND

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

900 gallons of oil spill into Missouri River in ND
mtstandard.c om

Damage around a North Dakota oil well site where officials believe floodwaters shifted a storage tank, causing at least 900 gallons of oil to spill into the Missouri River, does not appear to be significant, state health department officials said Friday.
The site is among about 40 on the flood plain southwest of Williston shut down under state orders when the river started to rise in May.
Some companies emptied storage tanks of oil and refilled them with water to hold them down in the high
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/15/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/15/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
some companies were able to epty their oil storage tanks and fill them with water yet according to the state water quality director this high water level could not be foreseen. much like 911 i suppose.

then the director goes on to say he hasn't seen them on the radar before yet they had an incident in 2006.

so far they believe only 20 barrels have leaked. but judging by how the state director is covering for the oil company i don't trust that estimate.

mtstandard.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Man, this reminds me of the BP oil spill! Why can't these large oil companies go under heavy safety and operations inspection from an outside and trustworthy company? Reading these kinds of headlines makes me sick to the stomach. I hope the ND oil company is held fully responsible and accountable (in monetary and political) for their actions.

Also, I also believe the estimates are garbage...and the guy needs to be fired for saying so as he is trying to cover his ass.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

accidents happen, don't worry, OK.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
900 gallons into a major river is a drop in the bucket, it will dispense quickly and have no effect.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by -W1LL

as soothing as that smiley is, it does nothing to ease my worry for this world.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by -W1LL

Are you sure about that? It was just yesterday someone pointed out North Dakota may not even be a state link now do you see the conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk
900 gallons into a major river is a drop in the bucket, it will dispense quickly and have no effect.

disperse into what.? our drinking water or farmland.?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
900 gallons is nothing.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Meh its about 250 litres.

convert it into cubes, thats 2.5 m3 of oil.

Dont know what was in there tanks, lets just presume its sweet crude, seeing as how its Dakato. Dont know what Dakotas sweet crude densities are like, but its less than 3 tones of oil spilled.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Again? This happened a month or so ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
Man, this reminds me of the BP oil spill! Why can't these large oil companies go under heavy safety and operations inspection from an outside and trustworthy company?

Because your elected representatives in Congress will likely thwart such regulation every step of the way.

Although in terms fof scale, this is no way comparable tot he BP gusher.

edit on 15-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join