It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny video: Soccer fan screams at the TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
WARNING: Contains strong language

This video was taken by the family of the man, called "Tano" Pasman, to show him how angry he got when watching a soccer match. It happened in Argentina.

His favorite team, River, was playing against Belgrano. If River lost, it would go down a category (from A to B) for the first time ever.

When you see the video for the first time it's shocking, you think he's going to have a heart attack! But after a while it gets funny. The fan has become a celebrity here and the video has been aired on every single channel.

He later apologized to the players and everyone involved in the match for the insults and assured us his only passion is soccer and that he's really a very calm person.

I thought I'd share it with you guys because I've been laughing at it for the past few days (after the initial shock, of course)

edit on 15-7-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Its not that funny, its just a sad display of humans and how we irrationally react

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I think that's how worked up I got when I lost the "Mountain Dew Million Dollar" race by a fraction of a hair. Dale Earnhardt's tire blew out AT the finish line. All he had to do, was get out the damn car, and push it and I would of won.

lol Funny video.

I can totally see his frustration

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
Its not that funny, its just a sad display of humans and how we irrationally react

I used to think exactly the same way, but after days of seeing it on tv I just started to like it.

"We went down to B!!!!"

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
LoL...I think this guy bet his retirement money for the month and lost his azz.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

I too agree there is humor here but this guys mouth is off the rails...anyway, when he says "We went down to B!" he is referring to the fact that River Plate, his team, was relegated for the first time in 110 years. People there are insane for this team. Here is the more broadly reported reaction to the game:

Sad it gets like this...

CJ

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Yes, I know about the B part, my mom is a River fan too, although not like this guy. My family watched the match and then we all saw the coverage on the news about the problems with the fans.

The referee was threatened and had to call a penalty or he would get killed, it was on the news yesterday too because the man identified the guys who threatened him. The stadium was closed and all but it's going to get reopened so there's no punishment at all, I guess.

There were other teams that went down a category at the same time but they weren't on the news that much, mostly because those riots weren't as bad as the River one.

Soccer (futbol here) usually causes problems here, there are a lot of fights between fans and sometimes there are deaths too.

It's really sad

But in this video here, the man isn't hurting anyone, he's just sitting at home watching the match. And yes, his vocabulary is very rude and he's overreacting, but that's what makes it funny to me (It's like when you see a video of yourself when you were younger doing something that seemed like a good idea at the time or just being irrational, after a couple of months or years you can laugh about it). Not at first of course, I was totally terrified of him but it's been repeated so much on the local news here and the man has given interviews and all, that I started seeing the funny side of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Cassandra, I am with you. If someone videotaped me watching the Denver Broncos Super Bowl run in 1997 I most likely would be in prison right now. For sports fans who may otherwise be sane, their passion can be outstandingly insane, as my own has been. Openly crying, telling grown men how muched I loved them, thanking God, etc. etc...all hilarious in one context, fairly sad in another. I am confused by my loyalty to sports, can you tell? I love them and hate what pro sports is. How did Argentina do in the semis or has it happened yet?

CJ
edit on 16-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

It's the second Quarter Final, Argentina plays against Uruguay, today. I hope we win, it would be really embarrassing to lose given that we're hosting the whole event

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Go Messi! Go Argentina!

CJ

new topics

top topics

join