It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women - dreaming about babies and small children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'd love it if someone could offer an interpretation but I'm more interested in if other women have experienced this.

I've been paying more attention to my dreams for the last 8 months or so. I have noticed that no matter when my menstrual cycle starts, I consistently dream about babies and small children every month on the night preceding the start of my menstrual cycle. I've attempted to google this odd subject with no luck. I'm pretty sure this has gone on longer but I only recently started really paying attention.

I'm not in a sexual relationship so it isn't the fear of getting pregnant. I did stop using the pill (I believe synthetic hormones aren't may not be so good for us) around the time I started really paying attention to my dream.

Can anyone shed any light on this topic?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hope this helps.

INTERPRETATION & DREAM DEFINITION FOR:
Baby Dream Meaning

Dream 1Psychological Meaning: Baby Dream Meaning The baby may represent something new in your life. Does it cry for attention or do you feel content with this new situation? A baby can also symbolise your own inner nature that is pure and uncorrupted. It may even say that you are innocent of an accusation. Also it could show the vulnerable part of yourself that has to be protected or perhaps you are nurturing some new ideas or feelings. New Age gurus speak of 'loving the magical child within' they advise us to express the innocent care-free side of ourselves. Your dream may be telling you to follow this advice. On a superficial level, to dream of a baby may show that your maternal instincts are seeking expression- you may simple wish for a child.

Dream 2Mystical Meaning:Baby Dream Meaning Surprisingly most old dream books believe that dreaming of babies has nothing to do with prophecies of pregnancy. For example, if a woman dreams she is nursing a baby she will be deceived by someone she trusts.
www.dreamsleep.net...

It may reflect a recent separation and suggest a longing for, or wish to still be connected with, that situation or person.

www.dreamota.com...

A new beginning or a new phase in life, relationship, career, etc.
Your subconscious mind exploring what it would be like to have a baby

www.thecuriousdreamer.com...
edit on 15-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Perhaps your last comment is the one hitting at the heart of the matter. I am kind of in a transitioning/ crossroad period mentally, spiritually, mentally, and career-wise.

But at the exact same place in the month is interesting.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
your welcome, good luck. I used yahoo.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I agree with parts of the First baby dream interpretation.

I've had a dream of babies and infants. See, (in my dream) I was in a nursery both a vegetable garden and human garden (eek, that sounds awfully scientific). While I walked around caring for the infants, some of them would run up from behind me and smack me on my bum when I was turned the other way, like total childs play only the infants were upset with me.

To put it in terms of the baby dream analysis, I was steadily ignoring many tiny creative innovations I had made. Innovations that I may have left behind, or started but did not cultivate.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Deneb56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
your welcome, good luck. I used yahoo.

Actually, your search engine is useless as I wanted to know why I have these dreams at a certain time in my feminine cycle. This really has less to do with search engines and more to do with why at certain times. I simply took what I could see as useful from your original reply and stated that perhaps that's a start.

I can accept that I am at a turning point but I am more interested in why it is expressing itself at a certain time each month. Nothing more, nothing less. I do admire your yahoo skills, though.

edit on 15-7-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

You require specific and detailed information that no one else can give to you but yourself. I don't want to sound like a wahoo, but you must inquire within. We can say whatever we want, yet it may not help YOU one bit.

I will go on to say that you already know the answer to your question about why the certain timing plus select imagery.

I might as well state the obvious and say, "Your Body May Be Telling You Something!!!!"

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deneb56
reply to post by cry93

You require specific and detailed information that no one else can give to you but yourself. I don't want to sound like a wahoo, but you must inquire within. We can say whatever we want, yet it may not help YOU one bit.

I will go on to say that you already know the answer to your question about why the certain timing plus select imagery.

I might as well state the obvious and say, "Your Body May Be Telling You Something!!!!"

Interesting.

But I don't see it right now. I can see why you think this but truly I don't get it.

I'll give it more time. Thanks for your input.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well, I don't understand the baby symbolism, but I also have a common thread in my dreams every month on the night before my cycle. In my case, I always dream of blood. It's not always me or even from an injury. Sometimes I will just see blood on the floor for example. This is not the only precursor in my life. For instance, I also get a terrible headache in the exact same spot about three days before my time. So my theory is that the dreams really do have a physical cause, most likely hormonal increase.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Perhaps your mind is telling you that you have a desire for a child of your own. Do any of your familyfriends/ have young children or thinking about having any?
Maybe you think you are missing out.
edit on 20/7/2011 by naeem11111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
...i think its normal for women of child-bearing age to dream about babies, especially if they dont have any...

...on the other hand, if you're WAY beyond child-bearing age (like me), dreaming about babies is indicative of machochistic tendencies... i'm kidding (sorta kinda)...

...i loved raising my kids UNTIL my youngest turned into a teenager... if i had still been capable of having more kids, she wouldve cured me of that silliness...

...to this very day, a shiver will run up my spine when i recall crying in the doctor's office because he told me she was just one REALLY BIG baby, not twins... i mustve been crazy as loon back then...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think theres a tiny part of every womans brain, whether she consciously wants children or not that feels a little let down that aunt urma is imminent/arrived. Maybe it's just genetically embedded in our code. You either remember these dreams or you don't.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I frequently dream of small children and babies. But maybe that's not surprising because I love them! And want one someday.

It is very interesting to me that the OP sees her dreams connected to the menstrual cycle. I cannot say this is true for me, but I would be curious as to whether other people's dreams are effected at all this way.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have 2 daughters and the youngest is 12. I'm not sure about the desire to have more children. I would like to have had a son but I can't afford another child anytime soon.

I wish I could hear more people with this experience.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Usually babies in dreams are Ideas or new ideas you are giving birth to, this dream seems to come during your cycle, a time each month where as far as I am concerned was a powerful time.

I am past that stage, and now that I reflect back I see it in a different light.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Your female...you dream of babies...it's self explanatory, the times and date do not matter but random chance and events personal to you.

The equation here is.... Female + Dream's of baby's + Looking for a reason to justify a natural occurrence and urge that you have = Woman want's baby and looking for a reason to fit that into the bigger picture.

And that's were the dreams come in, because dreams are used as a sort of program the mind runs while in off mode, about the things that are issues to you in the waking life. Kind of like setting its path and running trough different scenarios and thoughts and options of your life in the waking world. Fitting things together into coherent and graspable outcomes and paths, basically.

Personally I blame nature, for all these things such as the dreams you have and urges. Since nature is usually the number one culprit concerning such things, and females are walking talking hormonal bio-creatures, the shoe seems to fit, it's kind of self explanatory.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have a teen ( 18) and a preteen ( 12) and a 5 yr old ( surprise surprise baby in my 40's)... I say any dream containing babies is actually a freaking nightmare.

The interpretation of it being something new in your life seems hokey to me.. Id think it meant I was pregnant, ovulating, or subconsciously desiring a baby.

new topics

top topics

join