IT'S OFFICIAL: The Whole World Thinks Republicans Are Dangerous Maniacs Threatening Everyone

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't know why people continue to point the finger in the republican direction

The No-New-Taxes Democrats
Obama and Reid need to convince their own caucus to raise taxes.

online.wsj.com...

Reid can't get the 51 votes needed.

Ben Nelson of Nebraska, up for re-election in November 2012: "Raising taxes at a time when our economy remains fragile takes us in the wrong direction." He adds: "If we start with plans to raise taxes, pretty soon spending cuts will fall by the wayside."

Joe Manchin of West Virginia, also up for re-election next year, told us: "Make no mistake, I don't believe in tax hikes, I believe in tax fairness." This means closing "unnecessary loopholes."

Virginia's Jim Webb, who is retiring at the end of next year: "During my time in the Senate, I have consistently opposed the notion of increasing revenues through raising taxes on ordinary, earned income—those amounts, whether large or small, that Americans take home as part of their every-day work and their basic compensation packages." He said he advocates raising taxes "by other means," including "ending costly subsidies and tax loopholes or by adjusting such measures as capital gains."

Joe Lieberman, the independent from Connecticut, told the Connecticut Mirror he has a lot of "unanswered questions" about the Democratic budget plan, and that the $2 trillion to come from tax hikes could be too "high" for him to accept. "For 50% to come from tax increases is a lot."

Specific tax-hike proposals also hit a wall of opposition in the Democratic caucus. An increase on the oil and gas industry, a top priority for the White House, has firm opposition from three energy-state Democrats—Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Mark Begich of Alaska and Mr. Nelson of Nebraska. Ms. Landrieu cites bipartisan opposition to the idea.

Bill Nelson of Florida and Mr. Begich have expressed reservations about another populist Democratic revenue raiser: a millionaire surtax.

One of the most unjustified tax loopholes is the ethanol subsidy. But 13 Senate Democrats voted against a measure earlier this year to kill it, including Iowa liberal Tom Harkin.

Obama knows he doesn't even have the support of many democrats anymore.
edit on 093131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Does anyone here actually understand politics or history. There is no two party division except the spin and division we are made to believe.

Bill Clinton did plenty of horrible things. You have to go back to Kennedy before you get someone of integrity.

Before Kenedy it was the republicans who were the civil rights and womens rights champions. The democrats traditionally were ruled by Dixiecrats and never votes for any civil rights measures. The rockefellors were and are heavily invested in the demOcratic party. They are eugenic superiorists.

Conservatism towards government will always be better for mOre people. I am not talking today's neocons but true fiscal government conservatism means more money in your pocket, more personal liberty, and less involvement in over seas wars.

Liberal ideas work great in local communities. They do not work in the federal government. There is just to much greed and inefficiency. Most of these people on both sides are literally sociopaths who make sociopathic decisions. You can not legislate morality. It must be done between contact individually through example.

Obama Clinton have done just as much damage as the Bush's Reagan and Nixon. They vote budget wise the same and really only destroy the lefts opposition to all this crap that keeps going on. Don't buy into it.

Less government will ALWAYS better.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Obama knows he doesn't even have the support of many democrats anymore.

He never did...at least in the Senate...that's why there was no public option and we got a corporate health care bill.

Ironically, Bill Nelson is one of those who held up the health care bill in the first place..

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Any thread or article claiming to speak for THE ENTIRE WORLD - is obviously arrogant and making broad generalizations.

Do I support your typical paid for and bought republicans? No. But I believe in what used to be republican ideals. Would I vote for ron paul this coming election? You bet your sweet @$$ I will.

You need to get over the party names and realize that the majority of representatives of both parties are owned by corporate interests, and find the few have the retained their integrity throughout their entire political career. I don't think anyone could argue that ron paul has been bought by anyone. If you are trying to - then you're obviously not familiar with the man and his voting record.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We did not get where are today by Republicans or Democrats alone...in fact it has been a concerted effort by the Politicians.

Watch what happpens and look back at our past...always a compromise...one small group of Dems and one small group of Repubs....they make the decisions and stand around patting themselves on the back for doing "the right thing" which is what the had planned all along,but the dog and pony show complete with 30 second soundbites is enough to convince a vast majority that they are indeed miriacle workers.

They pick and choose whose turn it is to fight and they pick whose turn it is to win and even provide scripted soundbites for the mases. Facts are this problem has been going on for a lot longer than the past 12 years or 20 years....Presidents can serve 8 its a large amount of Senators and Congressman that have been in for 20 plus years and they are in concert with one another behind closed doors but in front of the camera its the age old game of Divide and Conquer...and they win

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movescamp

Less government will ALWAYS better.

I cannot argue this statement.

But what I do know is this crisis of finance was acheived by using the exact same motto.
I fear this statement blinds people too, dismantling the sound law and enforcment which governed
finance was done with a "Less government will ALWAYS better" smile.

My friends and the public were obviously not informed enough to protest the thirty year campaign which
culminated in 2008. All done with the smile, a wink and millions of Americans praising the motto in action.

It may have a good deal of truth... the truth is also that politicians and fairly insidious entities use this motto to
no end. Publically you will cheer the next fellow touting "Less government will ALWAYS better", while in reality
the work has been used to further enslaves Americans by erouding their recourse and oppertunity.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have a solution: don't vote republican.

I'm voting Tea Party.

NO new taxes. The government is going to have to balance its budget.

1) Cut subsidies; let the market handle innovation and let it judge who will succeed.
2) Cut donations to countries who just abuse them anyway; let THEM be responsible.
3) Since private companies are taking on the space program, cut funding to NASA.
4) Cut welfare to the unemployed and illegals; enforce the law and let them fix their budget.
5) Cut nationalized healthcare; it's just more government bloat.
6) Cut the pork barrel spending and government research: let private companies do it.
7) Mandatory service to country for one year or at most two for all young adults up to 36.
8) Cut excessive regulations on business; more businesses, more jobs = happier people.
8) Etc.

We have become too dependent on government. We need to become individuals again.
edit on 16-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Cut welfare to the unemployed

Yeah cut support to the jobless who paid into that fund if such an engineered "crisis" should occur and real unemployment numbers rival those of the great depression. That makes sense. It's not like they were forced to pay into an unemployment fund all those years they worked.... oh wait.

Mandatory service to country for one year or at most two for all young adults up to 36

Slavery is freedom? This reads more and more like a orwell novel every time i read it.
edit on 16-7-2011 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by djzombie

Cut welfare to the unemployed

Yeah cut support to the jobless who paid into that fund if such an engineered "crisis" should occur and real unemployment numbers rival those of the great depression. That makes sense. It's not like they were forced to pay into an unemployment fund all those years they worked.... oh wait.

Mandatory service to country for one year or at most two for all young adults up to 36

Slavery is freedom? This reads more and more like a orwell novel every time i read it.

You're looking up and trying to see the world from a deep hole, only able to make out a sliver of light. If people were responsible they would save for those periods when they're unemployed. If our government and economy was done right people would have more money to do these things as well. If the individual was the focus people would be more likely to confront their difficulties. If the people do it then the government doesn't have to. This means a more decentralized society that's better able to survive depressions and be bold when others are weak.

Service to country is a method to keep costs down and to show people that they really do live in a country. Additionally, young people need direction and this gives them a headstart and is a natural transition from school into life. They should be allowed to do this service at their discretion but it should be within some restrictions. The intent here is not to make slaves, it's to make emboldened adults that are given a chance to help their society and to start strong.

It's my contention that your thinking of 1984 is the problem, not the insight. Whne I was a young child I thought there was a man in my closet. It would frighten me. Many nights I would stay up focused on it, fearing that the man would come out steal me away. But I had to grow up.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Carseller4

unless of course, what the world thinks has an effect on the repubs constituents....

We do not live in a vacuum

The "whole world" does not pay our taxes.

The "whole world" does not vote in our elections - except, of course, some illegals.

The "whole world" hates it when they think the U.S. intrudes in their internal affairs.

The "whole world" can take a flying leap on this issue IMO ...

The "whole world" is going to be mighty pissed off if and when the U.S. sends us into another financial crisis.

Flying leap? How about you lot stop spending yourselves into oblivion and then making the rest of the world pay the consequences.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah...let's make more debt, thats surely the answer to all our problems....NOT. :shk:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

If people were responsible they would save for those periods when they're unemployed.

Perhaps that would be possible instead of only a pipe dream if 30% of people's income didn't go to paying taxes for interest on a borrowed currency the federal reserve doesn't even have legal grounds to produce, that's not even considering all the other deductions from people's income that they literally never even get to see.

The "whole world" is going to be mighty pissed off if and when the U.S. sends us into another financial crisis.

I'm sure the "whole world" is intelligent enough to understand that the american people have little control over what the international banking cartels in control of world finance do. Hopefully when it all comes down we'll see international bankers hanging from lightposts. That is my idea of heaven, a banker for every light post.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by centurion1211

I find it highly amusing that your are slating older, wiser countries and yet you call yourself Centurion, and have a centurion avatar.

This is why I cannot take your seriously. Just saying.

The "older, wiser country" of Rome no longer exists.

Doesn't mean there aren't lessons to be learned and re-learned from what happened to Rome.

And since mostly what you post seems to be rather childish insults, most adult people don't take what you say seriously either.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Who cares. If the dems get their way and we raise the debt ceiling, we will still default eventually. If the reps prevent the debt ceiling, maybe we will default earlier. Doesn't really matter, default is inevitable now.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Doesn't mean there aren't lessons to be learned and re-learned from what happened to Rome.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. All roads lead to rome, my friends.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

"America" coming to you every day. Check your local listings for times.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
" the US is holding the rest of the world hostage" [sic] by not increasing the debt limit.

This is stupid talk because Europe gets a lot of money from the US, either directly, or from our purchase of their goods. They do not care if the US goes bankrupt, we are just their source of income for their goods and services.

The US provides Europe with military security so they do not have to spend their own money, we pay for most of the UN activities (free AIDs care for the Chinese even though they have lots of their own money.

By the US not increasing the debt ceiling, this will actually strengthen the market by letting the world know that we are taking debt control seriously, and so should they.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
[color=#FF0000]Beware of Democrats and Republicans!! They are all PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Millionaires and lawyers looking out for themselves and their kin while screwing the average American. Americans can never be free until they rid themselves of CRIMINAL GANGSTERS who have to band together in bands called parties which are no better than MS13, The Latin Kings, or any other number of illegal criminal enterprises that prey on the weak and unwary.

Americans need to elect CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not beholding to criminal gangsters who give them backing and financing.
[color=#FFFFFF]
CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS and who love America more than they love power and money.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of Lobbyists for corporations who ply them with under the table cash and benefits.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of RULING OVER US.

[color=#3333FF]Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

The true patriot is not the man who defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that corrupt government.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
[color=#FF0000]Beware of Democrats and Republicans!! They are all PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Millionaires and lawyers looking out for themselves and their kin while screwing the average American. Americans can never be free until they rid themselves of CRIMINAL GANGSTERS who have to band together in bands called parties which are no better than MS13, The Latin Kings, or any other number of illegal criminal enterprises that prey on the weak and unwary.

Americans need to elect CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not beholding to criminal gangsters who give them backing and financing.
[color=#FFFFFF]
CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS and who love America more than they love power and money.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of Lobbyists for corporations who ply them with under the table cash and benefits.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of RULING OVER US.

[color=#3333FF]Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

The true patriot is not the man who defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that corrupt government.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I have a solution: don't vote republican.

I'm voting Tea Party.

NO new taxes. The government is going to have to balance its budget.

1) Cut subsidies; let the market handle innovation and let it judge who will succeed.
2) Cut donations to countries who just abuse them anyway; let THEM be responsible.
3) Since private companies are taking on the space program, cut funding to NASA.
4) Cut welfare to the unemployed and illegals; enforce the law and let them fix their budget.
5) Cut nationalized healthcare; it's just more government bloat.
6) Cut the pork barrel spending and government research: let private companies do it.
7) Mandatory service to country for one year or at most two for all young adults up to 36.
8) Cut excessive regulations on business; more businesses, more jobs = happier people.
8) Etc.

We have become too dependent on government. We need to become individuals again.

and in the name of "We have become too dependent on government" we will be bound to the corporation as the clear alternative.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join