Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

IT'S OFFICIAL: The Whole World Thinks Republicans Are Dangerous Maniacs Threatening Everyone

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Nope. I have no debt, and I have no reason to follow orders. I'm a free man. And I don't care about what some contract some dumb politician signed some years ago. They want to own me? They can meet my friends from a Moscow factory first.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

I wonder why americans themselfs aren't angry about what is happening?

Oh Americans ARE angry. You just do not hear about it much because our media is OWNED by the banks. (I posted links in an above post I think)

The Anger is one of the reasons the Tea Party movement formed. (I am NOT a member BTW)

(Huff & Puff is anti - tea party and very pro-Obama)

Huffington Post
WASHINGTON — The clout of tea party advocates and other hard-line conservatives in Congress has caught top Republicans by surprise, raising questions about whether GOP leaders can impose enough discipline in their House majority to pass tough measures, such as raising the debt ceiling.

Within 24 hours this week, House Speaker John Boehner's team had to pull a trade bill from the chamber floor, suffered an embarrassing setback on a USA Patriot Act vote, and failed to recoup money paid to the United Nations.

And in electoral politics, the tea party's threat to Republican incumbents came more into focus......

I have been absolutely astonished to find out that people are much more knowledgeable than I would have ever thought. The change has happened in the last two to three years.

I walked into a Western Wear/Feed Store in a small rural town in North Carolina. I started talking to the owner about the new 1099 tax code change and ended up with ALL the customers in the store in a very good discussion of the Federal Reserve, banking laws and the debt!

This is what has the Banksters scared spitless about the TEA PARTY. They are actually managing to educate the rural communities and small business people. This is why the Banker owned Liberal media is attacking the tea party calling them Religious Racist Bigots. The last thing the US Power base wants is the Liberal and Conservatives in America to figure out they have a common enemy - the BANKSTERS

I should also note that the Bankers own the Right Wing media too of course. The idea is to keep the country divided and fighting each other instead of the THIEVES in the Fed and Congress.

This thread is a classic example of how they do it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Eric Cantor, who has a primary roll in negotiating these budgetary considerations has short positions with his private investments, essentially cashing in on a US collapse.

WOW, great find!

Do you have a link??

How about a separate thread??? It deserves it. (Send me a U2U if you start a thread)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Janky Red

Eric Cantor, who has a primary roll in negotiating these budgetary considerations has short positions with his private investments, essentially cashing in on a US collapse.

WOW, great find!

Do you have a link??

How about a separate thread??? It deserves it. (Send me a U2U if you start a thread)

Eric Cantor's glaring conflict of interest

Last year the Wall Street Journal reported that Cantor, the No. 2 Republican in the House, had between $1,000 and $15,000 invested in ProShares Trust Ultrashort 20+ Year Treasury EFT. The fund aggressively "shorts" long-term U.S. Treasury bonds, meaning that it performs well when U.S. debt is undesirable. (A short is when the trader hopes to profit from the decline in the value of an asset.)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

I thought elected officals have to place their finances into a blind trust to avoid improper influence and conflict of interest.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
After reading most of this thread, the ball has been batted
too and fro , from democrat blame to republican blame.

It matters not which side you blame, because their all just a bunch of evil
corrupt politicians.

Amerca has screwed itself good and proper, and there's no way out.

One day when the troops are brought home, and the thousands of bases closed,
and America isolates its self for 50 or so years then , maybe then America will have once again
returned to her once former glory.

I think the trouble with America is there no soviet union now, and America has become too used
to having a free bullying hand in world affairs.

Now, they have run out of money , just when a new power is rising.
Insecure America has become, with a spoiled brat population, that just expects to have.

Sorry yanks, but "thick German accent" "The War is over for you"
edit on 16-7-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well....
What do you think now?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chevy369

Obama: 80 percent of the public supports Democrats' demand for tax increases.

Ain't LYING with polls great!

...In fact, just 34% of Likely U.S. Voters think a tax hike should be included in any legislation to raise the debt ceiling. Of course, there is a huge partisan divide on the question. Fifty-eight percent (58%) of Democrats want a tax hike in the deal, while 82% of Republicans and 51% of voters not affiliated with either major party do not.... www.rasmussenreports.com...

Polling is completely dependent on how the question is asked.

Call it Dueling Pollsters.....

The difference might be in the way the questions were asked, being mindful of the Pollster-in-Chief’s warning on survey language. Rasmussen’s question seems a little more straightforward, if generic:

As part of Legislation to Raise Debt Ceiling Should Congress and President Raise Taxes?

Quinnipiac is more specific:

Do you think any agreement to raise the national debt ceiling should include only spending cuts or should it also include an increase in taxes for the wealthy and corporations?

That is a perfectly legitimate question; the context of tax hikes from the White House has been to raise taxes on corporations and higher-income earners. However, the term “wealthy” will provoke some emotional response (and it’s arguably inaccurate.... hotair.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

...You need to get over the party names and realize that the majority of representatives of both parties are owned by corporate interests, and find the few have the retained their integrity throughout their entire political career.....

It is interesting that in a HUNDRED years only FIVE representatives went after the Federal Reserve. Of those five THREE were Texans.

Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh Sr, Congressman Louis T. McFadden, and Congressmen Wright Patman. Henry Gonzalez, and Ron Paul all of Texas.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Weve bailed them out enough times in the past.

Why is it so wrong for US to ask for a little help?

I rather ask them to pony up the war debts from WWII they never payed plus interest IN GOLD at the $35/oz as valued at that time.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

No but the whole world has lent you $14 Trillion

WRONG!
you really need to get your facts straight.
40.6 % - The Federal Reserve Bank & US fed Govt Accts
4.2 % - State & Local gov't
4.2% BANKS
3.3% Ins Comp
52.3% - That could be defaulted on given Bank & Ins Co. Bailouts and the banks manufacturing money out of nothing.

Debts that we actually should pay
6.3% Mutual Funds
6.5% - Private Pensions
3.3% U.S. Savings Bonds
5.4% Misc
22.7% Foreign

Data from www.brillig.com...

...As of November 2007, Japan ($580 billion), China ($390 billon) and the United Kingdom ($320 bilion) are the biggest foreign holders of our Debt. ...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The Whole World Thinks Republicans Are Dangerous Maniacs Threatening Everyone

Why take responsibility when you can just shift the blame to another party?

Is this not the non republican way of thinking?

If one can not pay a debt, is it right to default and take responsibility?

Or is it wiser to charge the debt and let the future generations figure out the responsibility?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wonder if Las Vegas is taking bets on whether the debt ceiling will be raised? Probably 1 to 4 odds. Sounds like a good bet to me! There are too many people that would lose big bucks if the AAA bond rating is compromised. I would bet on QE3 as well. The U.S. Dollar $$$ is still king (for the time being) and the world reserve currency.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I was just wondering Why waste time discussing something when we could all be putting effort into changing something is it on the concept that our opinion on a random forum will change some non belivers mind or that they will conform too our type of thinking isnt the main gold of civilized people too find safey for there family isnt the main goal too live a meager existance and have some sort of an off spring and myabe if were lucky our name will go down in history im just a curious person and this is whats on my mind my grammer is bad yet thats only if u follow by the rules if u have no belief in the system icouldtalkwithnospacesanditwouldbeirrelevant so my point in general is eveyone wants too change the "Main frame societies" Point of view yet everyone themselves has there own viewpoint too a degree who knows how much is a programmed view point and they think what they are spewing is there own yet they have been insiminated with that info somewhere and were programmed to propigantate it too society.. there is my Schpill this is who i am ..MR. SUN IN SCOPIO IN THE SIXTH HOUSE

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I am amazed at the number of hardcore political partisans on this site. The Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin; both controlled by the same corporate puppet masters. Neither party cares about us, but every four years half the country thinks Utopia has arrived because "their guy" was elected president. Still, no matter which party occupies the White House, the rich get richer, the screws are tightened on the middle class, the debt piles higher, the American Empire expands, and more of our liberties are stripped away every year. The collapse of the system is inevitable.

The whole "My party is 100% right and your party is 100% wrong" routine grows tiresome. If you really believe your beloved party has your best interests at heart, then you aren't standing far enough back to see the big picture. The real rulers of the United States have done a fantastic job of pitting us against each other to distract us from what they are doing. While we have been out on the front lawn screaming at each other, they walked right through the back door and stole our country.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AntManBee

You say hardcore political partisans I say paid political hacks.....

I agree with your post.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I used to consider myself Repub at one time.... long ago. The Repubs enjoy an ill-fitting reputation of being conservative. If you look at the links, you will realize that this reputation does not fit the current Repub party.

Not too thrilled with either the Repubs or Dems at the moment...

Law that (mostly) Repubs allowed to continue to give money to companies to move overseas..... The below are all links to this bill in front of them on Sept 28, 2010, and corresponding existing law that's been in effect for years:

USA Today article

CBS News

NPR- Nat'l Public Radio

That's My Congress.... including voter list and political parties affiliated.

So, why is the economy going downhill? One reason is because all the high-paying industries have been quietly taken over by foreigners. The automobile industry is still around, to a degree... Thank God...

They say, let the companies move. Protectionism is bad for the country. But when an American company needs to move overseas to compete with another American company (most of the time... this is the case), then I call the whole moving game to be just a sham, based on amoral and unpatriotic greed. What we are looking at is pure unadulterated capitalism, with no governmental intervention. Are we healthy now? Is everything coming up roses? Please read on:

What would we start with??? Hmm... maybe Steel..? Goodbye Allentown and Pittsburgh. Maybe Oil? Oh, that's a hard one... even though the US has much oil reserve under the Rocky Mtns...lets get those environmentalists stirred up, so that the US has to depend on Our oil!! What's next? Oh,
yes.. automobiles.... Big money maker... Compete like crazy. Let our government subsidize the costs of manufacturing and sales, until we get a foothold in the US market. And let's call that 'competition in the Free Market system'.... sure, those stupid US will buy that line... Any other big money makers? IT? Yes.!!! We can certainly undercut all those American IT people, as soon as we get a power-grid made in our country. No problem. The American people won't even know that we took all of their best jobs and industries. We can't take all the IT out of America? Then lets send in Our people on H-1B work Visas, to undercut and take more money from America and Americans! Are there any other industries that are very high-paying? Medical, you said...? Hmm... We can't take 'that' out, but we can put in all foreign-born doctors all over the country... Ya.. that should do it.

No wonder the country is worse economically than it's ever been.

edit on 17/7/2011 by MarkJS because: clarification, hopefully.
edit on 17/7/2011 by MarkJS because: formatting
edit on 17/7/2011 by MarkJS because: sham stmnt. added

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Let me show you something...

Foreign Affairs: American Profligacy and American Power
Sub-Header: Consequences of Fiscal Irresponsibility

Summary: The U.S. government is incurring debt at an unprecedented rate. If U.S. leaders do not act to curb their debt addiction, then the global capital markets will do so for them, forcing a sharp and punitive adjustment in fiscal policy. The result will be an age of American austerity.

The U.S. government is incurring debt at a historically unprecedented and ultimately unsustainable rate. The Congressional Budget Office projects that within ten years, federal debt could reach 90 percent of GDP, and even this estimate is probably too optimistic given the low rates of economic growth that the United States is experiencing and likely to see for years to come. The latest International Monetary Fund (IMF) staff paper comes closer to the mark by projecting that federal debt could equal total GDP as soon as 2015. These levels approximate the relative indebtedness of Greece and Italy today. Leaving aside the period during and immediately after World War II, the United States has not been so indebted since recordkeeping began, in 1792.

THE ROAD TO RUIN: It was only relatively recently that the United States became so indebted. Just 12 years ago, its national debt (defined as federal debt held by the public) was in line with the long-term historical average, around 35 percent of GDP. The U.S. government's budget was in surplus, meaning that the total amount of debt was shrinking. Federal Reserve officials even publicly discussed the possibility that all of the debt might be paid off.

Even though the Republicans got us into this mess, they are taking steps to get us out of this mess. Sounds like they are taking some 'personal responsibility' from my perspective. As the Democrats keep on spending, the Republicans are trying to fix our debt crises.

Is the world laughing at Republicans now? I don't think so.
edit on 7/17/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
FoxNews: Lawmakers Struggle to Find Detour Around Debt Impasse

"What they're proposing is to manipulate the Constitution and use it to impose the Republican budget plan," he said.

On a separate track, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell is working with Democrats on a backup plan that would make it easier for Obama to win a debt-limit increase by effectively requiring a two-thirds majority in Congress to stop him. Accompanying that could be a plan to cut spending by $1.5 trillion and empanel a new commission to examine further deficit reduction.

Now, the world thinks the Republicans are a bunch of dangerous maniacs. Once they decided to change the Constitution, giving the president the power to raise the debt limit, I completely lost faith in the party entirely.

Republicans and Democrats are a danger to our society.
edit on 7/17/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AntManBee

...The real rulers of the United States have done a fantastic job of pitting us against each other to distract us from what they are doing. While we have been out on the front lawn screaming at each other, they walked right through the back door and stole our country.
]

Great description of the real state of politics in the USA. I might just steal it with your permission of course (and authorship noted)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join