It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is This Strange Object In Asia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I put this here in the Aliens/UFO forum because I cant define what this is, so its a UFO to me.

From another source:

I re-taped this from a Chinese website called YOUKU. This is a Russia, Kazakstan's military missile and apparenly it looks like it has been controlled by something (UFO?) and turned it into something else. Now Can some explain this? Doesn't this look like our Georgia UFO in the first part and turned into something else! Very interesting footage

Another fireball UFO has appeared in a video on YouTube, but this one mysteriously metamorphoses into something apparently inexplicable.

The object appears to be on fire and falling through the sky, reminiscent of some of the fiery UFOs filmed recently in places like Georgia and Mexico.

The YouTube user who posted the video says the footage comes from Youku, which is a Chinese website similar to YouTube. The comment says the object is a Russian missile that looks like it is being controlled by something, maybe a UFO.

It appears that the person who shot this video was filming the screen while watching the original video of the UFO, as halfway through the footage the motion seems to be paused, with a red logo glimpsed at the top left and the letter “e” on the bottom left wavering in and out of the video.

During this time, the camera zooms in and the leading core begins to enlarge and change. Several tiny white lights are flashing around the object and its tail, both glowing with a whitish light (probably due to the effect of filming a computer screen), as the core becomes semi-translucent with a striped appearance.

This footage is certainly unusual, and may well be a hoax.

If you think you know what this UFO could be, please email us on [email protected] by 9 p.m. EDT this Sunday, July 17, and choose from the following categories:

1. Aliens

2. Meteorite

3. Missile

4. Hoax

5. Other

On Monday, we will publish the most interesting and insightful answers, and hopefully help to unravel this curious phenomenon.

Link

I found this video very interesting, especially the flashing lights that are around the object.

So, what do you think?
edit on 15-7-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I think i've seen this video before.

I surmise its a rocket launch upside down. The Video is flipped up-side down

Looks very reminiscent of this rocket launch video..

or a UFO i suppose....

A little different i suppose The two videos but appears to be the same anomaly probably Russia's space program.
edit on 15-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
wow...that's impressive...how it grows like that is one of the strangest meteorites i've ever seen if that's even what it is...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

what kind of rocket does that though? for what purpose...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It appears to be a ballistic missile test to me. Because of the cold continental air over that part of Asia the contrails always seem to do that.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Either a missile or a rocket probably. Idk Weapons test or putting satellites in Orbit.

I'll S & F the Thread because i find the video interesting... But it could probably just be a rocket or a missile.

I'm not certain.
edit on 15-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The video in the OP is of the Soyuz booster reentry .

Another video of the Soyuz booster reentry
From 2.12

edit on 15-7-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Looks like one big sperm donor to me.
Beautiful nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

I just watched it upside down (changed monitor settings - not standing on my head) and this seems very plausible, although the flashing lights are a bit hard to explain. Cool video though.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

post by redtic
although the flashing lights are a bit hard to explain.

The flashing lights are bits from the Soyuz booster as it breaks up on reentry .

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is an interesting video, if it's a missile/rocket, it would suggest that the US navy would lie/not admit to, firing it. If that is the case then why would they do that?

If it isn't a missile/rocket, then what is it?

Another interesting one:

www.youtube.com...

Is that a rocket/missile?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by redtic

post by redtic
although the flashing lights are a bit hard to explain.

The flashing lights are bits from the Soyuz booster as it breaks up on reentry .

How can you be so sure?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

There appear to be four lights flashing around the Booster , the Booster has four liquid-fuelled strap-on boosters clustered around the first stage , I would suggest it is these that are seen flashing in the video .
en.wikipedia.org...

Just came across this on openminds .

However the rocket captured here is most likely the Soyuz-2. The rocket, carrying six Globalstar satellites from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, launched early in the morning the same day the videos were uploaded. It is a three-stage carrier type rocket designed for delivering payloads into lower orbit. The strange transformation is most likely caused by the different stages of burns.
www....(nolink)/fireball-ufo-over-asia-736/

edit on 15-7-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I'd buy that. It looks like multi-stage rocket to me, I don't see why anyone would even doubt that.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Thats probably a russian type ballistic missile launched from the sea.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

He's right.

Also called Korolyov cross.

Post by Zorgon:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes, thank you. This exact same video clip has been posted numerous times and has been discussed extensively. I really wanted to comment on this post earlier but got a little sidetracked. Also, I wanted to find the related threads that were already posted, but I'm lazy and didn't really feel like putting much effort into looking. Sorry.

From what I understand, this was explained as rocket/missle launch. Seems like the logical answer in this case.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
what kind of rocket does that though? for what purpose...

A multi stage rocket that is launch space probes into orbit.. Like the Soyuz launching a Progress Cargo ship to ISS. launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Khazakistan.

I see Chad already posted my stuff on the four boosters falling away that form the Korolyov Cross...

Here is another one... This was used by the Chinese media as a 'UFO' when that airport was shut down. The actual UFO was only a radar sighting, do this made better press

Soyuz rocket launching a Meridian satellite. This one is classic

edit on 16-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
How can you be so sure?

By looking at the ORIGINAL full video from the launch

Progress M-03M (35) Lift Off from Baikonur to the ISS (HD)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
you forgot option 6. swamp gas

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join