It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man From Earth (Oldest Man On Earth)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Im just wondering if anyone's seen this movie. Saw it yesterday.It's about a colllege professor that decides to leave his job and gathers with a few other colleagues in a cabin outside the city to have a farewell party. As the movie progresses the man start telling that he's around 14,000 years old leaving his audience in awe. The most interesting part of the movie is his friends' reactions to what he's saying and asking him questions.

Imagine that by a miracle of nature a man/woman could live as many years as those in the times of Noah, what would you ask him/her?

Loved the concept of the movie and the whole story
edit on 15-7-2011 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I do not think I could handle with the pain of this world to live that long. IMO, long age is for the super natural

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Good movie! I really liked when the super religious person got all upset.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Did I miss the name of the movie in your post? Is it the topic?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yes it's called the Man From Earth

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Great movie! No need for elaborate sets. No need for special effects. The dialogue is engaging and the story is well written.

I give it
or 8/10

For anyone that has not seen it, I recommend it....I believe it is still available for instant play on Netflix.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 15-7-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i siure would ask that "imortal" how civilizations rose and fell, if aliens helped humanity, many many thing as i'm very curious- very thought provoking movie.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Awesome movie, even if it took place in only one setting. I liked how he tried to explain that a man who had been alive for 14,000 years wouldn't necessarily be smarter or more knowledgable than anyone else. They would change as they adapted to each new culture they encountered, supplanting old knowledge and beliefs

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The more you know God, through the Scripture, te more you gonna hate the World! I would be happy when I should die today or tomorrow. And many people I know would be the same!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
? Strandge ?
posts keep coming back.
this has been posted before.
its very good. well thought out.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I went ahead and watched it on netflix, thanks for the heads up.. I liked it...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yes! Me and my husband watched it on Netflix. Excellent psy drama. The arguments and debated were very interesting. Low budget and very well written.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I actually made a thread about this before. I love this movie and it's become a thing where I can put it on when I'm taking a nap and drift in and out of the movie, still knowing what's going on.

I always cringe when he mentions sailing with Columbus and not knowing if the world is flat or round. As it's been pointed out hundred of times, knowledgeable people of that age knew that the world wasn't flat and this guy would've been knowledgeable enough. Aside from that it's a great movie built on interesting ideas.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I thought it was a great low budget movie. Written and and performed very well. But overall far too short. I wished the film was longer.

new topics

top topics

join