It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

94 year old upset by TSA patdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Another story about the TSA going too far. This time they force a 94 year old woman who was in a wheel chair to stand while she is patted down. The woman felt that she was going to collapse. This woman is in a wheel chair, do these people really believe this woman is a terror threat, or do they get off by taking advantage of people who are fragile. I was not sure about posting this story simply because there has been a bunch of TSA stories lately, but after reading the story I felt it was important enough to post it.

news.travel.aol.com...

"They took me to one side and they patted me down, and they made me stand for, with my arms out, for over 10 minutes," she said. "I was beginning to feel that I wasn't going to be able to continue to stand, I was going to fall down or something

edit on 15-7-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: fixing/replacing link

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Couldn't get your link to work. Here is another one.

news.travel.aol.com...

This woman is in a wheel chair,

In the picture (link above) she is standing up with no help. She also said the agent was very polite.

My thought on TSA is that by now, especially with all these recent stories, people should already know what to expect if they decide to fly. I don't agree with TSA method but as long as people keep flying, their will be very little change.
edit on 15-7-2011 by jam321 because: oops.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

thank you for helpping with the link. I could not get my original one to work so I borrowed yours and put it in my post.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Are you a 90 year old woman, or a former Secretary of Defense, or a 3 year old kid?

Sorry, but if you are, you are targets for TSA patdowns.

Sad thing is if you wear a rag on your head, and keep muttering Allah Akbar, you probably get a free pass.

Unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I just dont understand why these people that work for the tsa or their bosses refuse to use common sense when it comes to searching people.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
blog.tsa.gov...

I highly doubt she was standing for ten minutes for a pat-down unless she wasn't cooperating in some fashion.

Tsa is the new boogyman and everyone who flies has probably heard the scary stories so I imagine any tsa agent who even looks at someone funny is going to illicit cries of molestation and abuse whether it's actually true or not.

It's like if the government comes out and says eggs make you sick. The following day the hospitals would be filled with people claiming that eggs made them sick and how they are dieing now.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Meh.

People wish to subject themselves to a search by giving consent, then whine about it.

No sympathy whatsoever on my part for this woman- she is part of the problem. The only way things are going to change is for people to utilize alternative transportation and force the airlines to opt out of TSA staffing.

Best thing to do is wear a dishdasha, sandals and keffiyah. Can't search you then because the PC police would be all over them

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Man, I am sick to death of the puppets who parrot "you know what to expect", "you automatically consent to a search", "if you want to fly you have to submit".

Don't you people have one independent thought?

If it were up to people like you there never would have been a Revolution.

Thank God our Founders had more balls.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

I am sick to death of people stating a voluntary search is a Violation of the 4th Amendment and that people can use someone else's property in any way they see fit with no terms and/or conditions that the owner wishes to have in place applied to them.

Don't you understand the difference between consensual and non-consensual searches and property rights?

Thank God the Founders had some brains.
edit on 15-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
i have to laugh reading posts like these.

the only thing that really bugs me is the take off shoes or if they want to say strip search me. oh i do have concerns about the scanning equipment (really don't know what effects there could be down the road). but getting freaked out over pat downs
, please spare me.

i seriously hope you never leave north america you would probably have a coronary.
last year i traveled to the Philippines. guess what you get a pat down just going to the mall, EVERY TIME.
if you park in their lots you even pop the trunk so they can check for weapons, not to mention mirroring the bottom of the car. was i concerned or upset? HELL no i felt more secure then i do here at times. the fact that EVERYONE goes through this means the likelihood of some moron pulling a gun is majorly reduced.

being patted down should not be a concern, it's just something we are not used to. so get used to it already.

new topics

top topics

join