It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Julia Child Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Famous cooking maven Julia Child has died at the age of 91. She passed away peacefully in her sleep of natural causes three days before her 92nd birthday. Known for bringing the intricate art of French cooking into the households of millions and for her wavering, warbling voice, Julia was a kitchen icon.

The statement said she died Thursday at her home in Santa Barbara, Calif. The cause of death was not given.

A 6-foot-2 American folk hero, "The French Chef" was known to her public as Julia, and preached a delight not only in good food but in sharing it, ending her landmark public television lessons at a set table and with the wish, "Bon appetit."

"Dining with one's friends and beloved family is certainly one of life's primal and most innocent delights, one that is both soul-satisfying and eternal," she said in the introduction to her seventh book, "The Way to Cook." "In spite of food fads, fitness programs, and health concerns, we must never lose sight of a beautifully conceived meal."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"AaNnDd NnOoWw WwEe'RrEe GgOoIiNnGg TtOo AaDd Aa LlIiTtLlEe MmOoRrEe BbOoUuRrBbOoNn...."
j/k

As a chef, I have always given her my respect - She had an incredible journay in life.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i remember watching her on PBS and saying to myself, what did she just say???? but as i got older and more accustomed to her accent i actually enjoyed watching her cooking shows.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am sure the quality of food in heaven just improved!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I could never stand her voice.
My mother loved watching her shows, but I never seemed to
reap the benefits of the cooking intructions that were given.

Her Epitaph?

Stick a fork in me, I'm done..

or

Don't throw away the Giblets..

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
She loved red meat.

She dies of a liver problem.

Cooking Diva Julia Child Loved Red Meat, Gin

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I will NEVER forget watching this one show she did...preparing a sea fish....and she was saying "You must SPANK the little fishy untill its tender! Dont be afarid to spank it hard..its allready dead you know...OK everyone SPANK your fishy!"
I about died laughing! It was a great preperation method, but that woman was the funniest ever! especially when she was being extra serious....
I learned alot from her.
Blessed be may she rest in peace! And so it is.

new topics

top topics

join