It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Boat Found in Washington

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
pfft, stealth boat, its a normal boat with a weird black shell. it has a normal hull, its a home project, someone wanted to make a boat that would turn heads, its nothing. its like an F117 that floats.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
HaHa! It's painted black! It must be stealth!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
well, thats rite, if its painted black, I cant see it!!!
like if i cant see youm you cant see me?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
[edit on 28/8/04 by COMSEUR]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Update: I went by there today and took a couple pictures of it as it was getting moved. The guy said his friend built it and was storing it at his house then moved it to the church. I just assumed they put it there because major road construction has those roads detoured and closed. They said the motor came out in ~88 or ~89 and that it was in a movie. They couldn't remember the name of the movie but called it the bat boat.
--Steve G.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
From what I can see, it's a home-made boat supposedly for "stealth" reasons. The back wings are used to "balance" the boat due to the positioning of the motor - ie when it's powered up at high speed, the back wings stop it from completely flipping - much like how trim tabs work.

I would say it was used for drug running at night (thus the black paint) and the drug runner has obviously found God.

Cheers

JS

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace

I would say it was used for drug running at night (thus the black paint) and the drug runner has obviously found God.

Cheers

JS

Wow, in the spirit of the Olympics, that has to qualify for the medal round in conclusion jumping, appropriately enough, by someone named "Jumpspace."

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
well this is one Threat that proves people have WAAAAAYYYY to much spare time on their hands.

Guys Conspiracy theory is a wonderful thing, and essential to keeping the Govt/Power that Be Honest. But Really anyone with 1/10th of a brain could look at that boat and realise it was at best a movie prop, at worst an advertising stunt. Now with the updated info we find its an old movie prop.

Those of you proposing it was a "Stealth Boat" really should have done a basic google search on the topic first and had a look at what one really looks like. Remember Folks RESEARCH is the difference between a Valid Consiracy Theorist and a Raving Loonie!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

And why can't you paint a stealth boat black?

Because unless you plan to use your boat only at night black is not a good color. I the sunlight during the day a black boat stands out like crazy. Maybe a type of gray would be a better color.

[edit on 15-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

That's correct , something related to optical stealth.

And a bluish gray would minimize the chance of seein it from far away in the day ( same color as the sky and sea : hence the color of the JSF and F-22)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The boat was suppose to have been used in my movie called "Aquastealth." It is now being re-edietd and will come out as DVD and Blu-Ray in 2009. The film in question was written and produced by msyelf in 1995, and in fact we are re-editing it and re-mastering it for a new DVD and Blu-Ray release. The boat has never appeared in the film "live," as we could not arrange for its transport all the way from Washington state to Miami. However, the entire film's story line centers around this particular boat pictured. There was only this single boat ever built, and it is not a prop, it is definitely seaworthy.

I would like to shoot some additional exteriors on film of this boat wherever it happens to be today, on dry land or on water, so I was wondering if anyone out there who reads this would know of its present whereabouts. E-mail: [email protected]. Thanks!

Over the years, I have lost contact with its designer/builder, but he was definitely from that part of Washington state. I saw the boat for the first time In February 1995 at the Miami International Boat Show. He called it the "bat boat" but it was "inspired" by the F-117. It was not stealthy, of course, and the cabin was tight, but it could do about 30 knots on the water.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
looks pretty low to the water and radar proof

neat boat

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well I did put up something different but after seeing Zedd's post, he's probaly right.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by hardeeboy]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What a neat boat.. It looks like a great garage project... It sure could turn heads on the lake...

Now if they went the extra mile and installed baffles so the thing could submerge then the military might show interest....Still neat boat...

The bat boat...

Or maybe the shadows boat

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
WOW...

Stupid proliferation of stealth boat technology. Must inform my minions to hid it better next time by putting a wreath on it or something...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join