It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 hours to edit your post but you only get 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed this? You only have 2 hours to edit your post but when you try it after, say, 2h 20mins you are then notified that you have exceeded the 4 hour window to edit your post.

It probably shouldn't bother me but.... Surely it would only take 5 minutes to alter the code and sort it out?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Yes it is like tat for me too it is frustrating because I like to add to my posts rather than make new ones if I find info that goes with my original post.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Has anyone else noticed this? You only have 2 hours to edit your post but when you try it after, say, 2h 20mins you are then notified that you have exceeded the 4 hour window to edit your post.

I think it's 2 Hours and 40 minutes.

It's been explained as a known issue going back a while. Nothing has come of it since it's apparently still happening.

Let's see here, 4 hours equals 240 minutes. We can't edit after 2 hours 40 minutes mmmm....

Maybe someone should look at the code?

hmmmm....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Pimander

I think it's 2 Hours and 40 minutes.

It's been explained as a known issue going back a while. Nothing has come of it since it's apparently still happening.

Let's see here, 4 hours equals 240 minutes. We can't edit after 2 hours 40 minutes mmmm....

Maybe someone should look at the code?

hmmmm....

That's a good one to pull out of the hat actually.

I noticed it as well and it can be a little frustrating when you just know the timer shouldn't have stopped yet.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yep, noticed it.

Don't think it will get fixed though. No biggy.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Yes- if you edit a post shortly after posting, you see a message just above the box saying that you have "x" number of minutes left to edit. The message seems to count down from 120 minutes.
My standard joke on this issue is that somebody on ATS is working with 30-minute hours.

edit on 16-7-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Yeah. It happened to me too. I didn't make much of it and just added another reply. But I can understand the frustration if it happens with a long opening post and we want to add to it sometimes.

We'll survive...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Why is there even an edit timer? I never understood this.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

If there was no edit timer you could go back and edit what you said after members have replied. It would be even easier to make people look very silly (there are enough trolls around here as it is). You could also do hoax predictions and it gets silly.

My point is about the silly message saying you have missed the 4 hour window when it is only just over 2 hours since you made the post. Either make it a 4 hour limit (it's currently 2, at least for normal members) or change the massage to say 2 hours. Or am I mad?

P.S. Yes, I know. I am mad or why else would I be here writing when I could be doing paid work? Am I addicted.

edit on 17/7/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

So it is 2 hours.... I completely understand why they would give you a time limit, and in fact I'm grateful that option exists at all cos for some reason I never seem to pick up any of my spelling mistakes until after I press reply.

But you read 4 hours, you assume you've got 4 hours. And here's me thinking it was something to do with living in a different time zone to most ppl here on ATS.....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It's an issue with time stamps and different time zones as far as I am aware.

You can always send me a PM or any other mod if you'd like to edit a post after the timeframe has expired. We are usually more than willing to assist.

It is being looked into.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join