It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian security forces kill 17 protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Syrian security forces kill 17 protesters

www.msnbc.msn.com

BEIRUT — Syrian security forces killed at least 17 protesters Friday as hundreds of thousands flooded the streets nationwide in the largest anti-government demonstrations since the uprising began more than four months ago, witnesses and activists said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wonder if the response will be to attack Syria or to get more intel if the protesters were armed and attcking the Syrian government?

This seems to be a normal daily occurance in Syria. Why isn't Obama launching strikes like he did in Libya?

The last thing the U.S. needs right now is another war. I see that troops are moving out of Afghanistan, does that mean they will detour via Syria on their way home?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2011 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Good point.. well see if america.. tries to give democracy to them this time>.> or if its really a something bigger going on with a coverup

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is significant because it's the first major protest in Damascus - that's right on Assad's front door. This is only going to get worse........the protesters are not going away and they're not being intimidated. The regime will have to use increasing force. Now the US has officially recognized the rebels as the legitimate ruling group:

www.bbc.co.uk...

So what if the TNC directly asks for US help? Will they not now be duty bound to help? And what will Iran do?

I fear things have only just got started in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

I get the feeling that the US is going to let Assad fall "naturally" with a little help from behind the scenes. Given Hillary Clinton's recent statements about Assad's "lost legitimacy" and the opening of dialogue with the Muslim Brotherhood I get the feeling that the green light has been given. The MB is very active in Syria and this situation is escalating more rapidly than I thought it would. The MB has been playing in that sandbox since February at the very least.

I started a thread on the topic a couple of days ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
UPDATE:

The count has now been reported as 32 Protesters killed.

new topics

top topics

join