It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quorn and Lynda McCartney products now all HALAL.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not sure if this is true or not, but I was listening to an internet radio station today and they were discussing how more and more of the produce in our shops is HALAL. The concensus amongst the panel of presenters seemed to be that it was being sneaked in through the back door.
Is this right? Should we as consumers have more say over our food preparation and should we not be made aware of this by labelling?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
All vegetarian food is halal.
Any food that does not contain meat product is Halal. Only meat that has been "blessed"by saying "in the name of allah" is halal.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sean_uk

Thats the thing though, alot of vegetarian food (the fake meat kind) actually does contain meat and poultry. Usually eggs or meat bi-products.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
reply to post by sean_uk

Thats the thing though, alot of vegetarian food (the fake meat kind) actually does contain meat and poultry. Usually eggs or meat bi-products.

I don't know where you got this information from? 'Fake meats' products such as Quorn, do not contain poultry or meat. Yes they contain eggs/milk, but a vegetarian allows themselves eggs and milk. It would not be labelled vegetarian if meat and poultry were used. Obviously.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
reply to post by sean_uk

Quorn is actually %100 fungus. I dont trust it and i think it taste like crap. But its all fungus.

new topics

top topics

join