It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law prompts marriage officers in Deerpark to quit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Animals do a lot of things that I do not think would fly in the human world. But hey as long as animals do something I want to do it makes it okay.

I know its shocking.

But - humans are animals.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Look mate, just because you do not understand the argument does not make it stupid.

Acting on urges is not always the best and most responsible way to go. For every action there is a reaction.

I never said it was a good idea for anyone to just go out a screw everything that walks.

I also if you read my posts, never said they could not get married.

Raist
edit on 7/19/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You think?

Animals (at least many dogs I have seen) eat poo shall we do that as well?

Again animals do many things that are unacceptable in the human world.

Raist

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You think?

Animals (at least many dogs I have seen) eat poo shall we do that as well?

Again animals do many things that are unacceptable in the human world.

Raist

And you want to believe there are no humans who eat poo. Babies do. They haven't been taught not to.

Humans are animals - - whether you or anyone wants to accept it or not.

Just because society has tried to strip away many natural instincts and behaviors - - - doesn't change the fact many still remain.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Strange I never let my son eat poo nor did he try. If you know of someone who is letting their kid eat poo you should report them for neglect.

You did hit on something though. They have not been taught not to do that. They do not know it is wrong. Adults of competent mind know the difference between right and wrong. Christians know that homosexual acts are a sin and even though some are gay and have gay attractions they choose to not act in a sinful way. Notice I never said they do not have desires, nor did I say they are not born that way. Every human faces desire and fight sins that go against God. There needs to be a choice though to not act. I also never said Christians do not sin that is a myth and a lie as well. Again Christians know when they sin and need to ask forgiveness for that sin.

Just because humans are mammals does not mean we should not try to act in the same manner as animals. Apples to oranges, humans know what is right and wrong animals do not in the sense of morals and sin. Of course my dog knows when she has done something to get her into trouble and acts accordingly when I catch her.

Again I bring up someone who has been in a heterosexual committed relationship and marriage for 12 years. This person feels desires even to this day but chose not to stay in that path. They ended up finding love in someone of the opposite sex. I know for fact it is possible I have seen it with my own eyes. Just because we desire something does not mean we should act on it. God knows I have plenty of desires myself that I struggle with I am human after all.

Raist

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Again I bring up someone who has been in a heterosexual committed relationship and marriage for 12 years. This person feels desires even to this day but chose not to stay in that path. They ended up finding love in someone of the opposite sex. I know for fact it is possible I have seen it with my own eyes.

Raist

What you have seen is bisexuality, not homosexuality.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

reply to post by Annee

Again I bring up someone who has been in a heterosexual committed relationship and marriage for 12 years. This person feels desires even to this day but chose not to stay in that path. They ended up finding love in someone of the opposite sex. I know for fact it is possible I have seen it with my own eyes.

Raist

What you have seen is bisexuality, not homosexuality.

Yes. And in my 20+ years of supporting gay rights - - - I discovered that even when someone enjoys sex with both genders they still have a birth preference.

Those I've talked to in discussions all said - - they were more attracted to a specific gender.

So - even though they enjoy sex with both genders - - - their physical makeup is clear that they were born either heterosexual or homosexual.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Again I bring up someone who has been in a heterosexual committed relationship and marriage for 12 years. This person feels desires even to this day but chose not to stay in that path. They ended up finding love in someone of the opposite sex. I know for fact it is possible I have seen it with my own eyes. Just because we desire something does not mean we should act on it. God knows I have plenty of desires myself that I struggle with I am human after all.

Raist

\Why should they?

To please society by going against their natural normal birth right?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Strange I never let my son eat poo nor did he try. If you know of someone who is letting their kid eat poo you should report them for neglect.

I'm not talking about letting a child eat poo..

I'm talking about natural instinct.

Homosexuality is a normal and natural birthright. There is nothing wrong or unhealthy about being homosexual.

It is not wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Christians know that homosexual acts are a sin and even though some are gay and have gay attractions they choose to not act in a sinful way.

And at one time seizures were being possessed by the devil.

Now we know that they are caused by irregularities in the brain.

Today we know that gender attraction is at least partly in the brain.

We do not know why something was written thousands of years ago.

But today - we have knowledge through science - - that gender and gender attraction is not black and white.

God gave me a brain to reason with. It is not reasonable to adhere to ancient dogma when knowledge proves it is unreasonable.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

No what I seen and know is a person that was for one gender only. They decided to no longer be stuck with desire and followed their heart.

I know this person very well.

Raist

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

All of those posts could not have been put into one? They were all in response to my one post.

Regardless....

You brought up a child eating poo. It is not instinct or all children would try eating it.

The person I talk about did it for themself and not society. Society played no role in this persons choice or many others who have made the same choice.

I know all about the demonic posession stuff and ways of thinking. I also know of a spiritual world that exsists and to say that spirits never bond to humans is foolish. In most cases it is medical conditions but not ever case is.

Just going through life following your every desire is also foolish and will lead to a life of unhappieness.

Raist

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You brought up a child eating poo. It is not instinct or all children would try eating it.

The person I talk about did it for themself and not society. Society played no role in this persons choice or many others who have made the same choice.

I know all about the demonic posession stuff and ways of thinking. I also know of a spiritual world that exsists and to say that spirits never bond to humans is foolish. In most cases it is medical conditions but not ever case is.

Just going through life following your every desire is also foolish and will lead to a life of unhappieness.

A baby experiences everything naturally. To say a baby would not instinctively try something is unrealistic.

Any gay person - turning against their natural and normal gender attraction - - - is not doing it for themself.

Are you seriously telling me seizures are because of demonic possession?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Please point out where I said they were demonic?

I said it is foolish to think that in a spiritual world that one never attaches themself to a human. I also said that in most cases "demonic posession" is medical.

As for the person going against a desire you are wrong, think as you wish, you are wrong. Nothing else needs to be said about it because I know for fact you are wrong, not changing my mind when I know people personally.

Raist

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Please point out where I said they were demonic?

I said it is foolish to think that in a spiritual world that one never attaches themself to a human. I also said that in most cases "demonic posession" is medical.

You can attempt to twist what you said. It doesn't change your intent.

As for the person going against a desire you are wrong, think as you wish, you are wrong. Nothing else needs to be said about it because I know for fact you are wrong, not changing my mind when I know people personally.

An alcoholic turns away from his desires because it is physically damaging and can result in radical behavior that could cause harm to others.

A gay man turns away from his natural desires - - because God believers (which could be himself) claim it is a sin - - and parts of society condemn it.

Begin gay is not physically damaging. It does not cause radical behavior that could cause harm to himself or others. It is a natural normal birthright.

A gay man does not accept himself - - because of the condemnation by others - - and not accepting his natural normal birthright - - because of the condemnation by others.

A gay man does not turn against what is natural normal for himself. If being gay was accepted by society - - he would not feel the need to make such a sad an unnatural decision.

It is people like you who create the negative environment.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am done with you.

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking if you think I meant anything other than I said. I could not have said it any clearer. There is a spiritual world and sometimes they bond to humans. In most cases (same thing I said before) it is medical conditions. Not every case is medical though. Pretty plain and clear that I state most cases are medical. Say what you will you only see what you want same goes with the rest of the post.

Either learn to read my post correctly or do not bother responding.

As for the rest again you are wrong and seeing what you want to see.

Have a nice day.

Raist

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I am done with you.

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking if you think I meant anything other than I said.

NO - I don't think it is.

I do understand double entendre.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

No what I seen and know is a person that was for one gender only. They decided to no longer be stuck with desire and followed their heart.

I know this person very well.

Raist

Then the person you know was never gay in the first place.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I know all about the demonic possession stuff and ways of thinking. I also know of a spiritual world that exists and to say that spirits never bond to humans is foolish. In most cases it is medical conditions but not ever case is.

Just going through life following your every desire is also foolish and will lead to a life of unhappiness.

Raist

I really want you to explain what you mean by this - - - as you say I have reading comprehension.

I'm not even going to comment - other then is this the first time you mentioned demonic possession in this thread.

You have the floor.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

As for the rest again you are wrong and seeing what you want to see.

And you aren't seeing what you want to see? This argument does not really advance your case much.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join