It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law prompts marriage officers in Deerpark to quit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Gays did not ask to be that way. The same God that made heterosexuals made homosexuals as well. Remember God does not make mistakes. He has a reason for making everything the way that he does.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Originally posted by kro32
Yeah i'm not seeing how the birthday bash suggestions have anything to do with marriage laws.

Care to elaborate on the connection?

He is quitting because it clashes with his Roman-Catholic faith, yet can promote a party that is full of sin and debauchery.

Another SUNDAY MORNING CHRISTIAN. Surprise, surprise. I wonder if he keeps his women folk out in the barn when they are menstruating as it is prescribed in the Old Testament.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by olliemc84

Originally posted by kro32
Yeah i'm not seeing how the birthday bash suggestions have anything to do with marriage laws.

Care to elaborate on the connection?

He is quitting because it clashes with his Roman-Catholic faith, yet can promote a party that is full of sin and debauchery.

Another SUNDAY MORNING CHRISTIAN. Surprise, surprise. I wonder if he keeps his women folk out in the barn when they are menstruating as it is prescribed in the Old Testament.

Oh - but you have to understand - - "they" don't use the Old Testament. Jesus brought the New Testament. So the old one doesn't count

Unless - - of course - - there is something in it "they" choose to use.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

The reply was in responce to Christianity and the gay marriage issue not other religions. Of course the main issue is gay marriage and those quitting their jobs rather than marrying gay people. Regardless as always it turns into a bash this or that type of thread with many people beating their chest claiming they are right about something no one can prove or disprove.

So again in relation to the Christian God and His likes or dislikes, mankind cannot dictate God's will. As always though mankind will say this or that and believe as they wish.

As for the translation issue unless you specifically translated the ancient text then you are only going on the word of another. They could very well be very acurate or they may not. Those who believe God's Word is living understand that no matter how hard mankind wishes to change God's Word will fail. God's Word will always remain pure and true in the hearts of His followers, and there will always be those who will also be mislead.

Again though as far as God's thoughts on the subject though we have the Bible which is considered the living Word of God. It is stated very clearly His view on homosexual acts. Man can allow gays to marry all they wish, what ever great for them. However, because man says it is right and natural does not make it so with God.

Not sure how it could not be any more clear. In the Christian beliefs homosexual acts are wrong, then again so are many other things that are legal in the eyes of man.

Do not let me interfere though with anyones chest beating, because in the end we will all find out the truth. My mind is not changing on my views. As stated before, sure let them marry, my view is that according to God's Word it will not be approved in the eyes of God.

I have nothing against gays. One of the nicest guys I know is gay, we have had many a great conversations, and joke around frequently. I also know that people can change their sexual status and desires and be in hedrosexual relationships. I am not saying they never have desires, as I said everyone fights certain sins, I am saying they can chose to not accept that sin in their life. I have more proof of this than I can say, someone in my life has done just this. They have been in a monogomous hedrosexual relationship for over 12 years at this point. Do they ever have attractions? Yes. Do they choose (see the choice?) to act on them? No. You might not be able to chose those you are attracked to but you can chose to act on that attraction, thus the choice.

Have a nice day.

Raist

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
They are free to leave their positions, just as you or I are free to leave ours. Not sure what the big deal is.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

If they are truly living as Christ did, they would not be homosexuals. Simple logic.

What absolute ignorant BS.

Ahhh. Mudslinging. What it really means is that you have no basis for your position. If you did, you would use solid evidence.

I expect another line of name calling soon . . .

I agree. But if someone is going to make a CHOICE to follow a certain belief system (i.e. Christianity), then should they not adhere to the tenets of said belief?

YOU have CHOICE - - in what you CHOOSE to believe. You do NOT have choice in your birth sexual orientation.

Oh, I agree. We all have a choice what to believe. I have never said we did not.

The choice (or not) of orientation . . . I will touch on that later.

YOU have no authority to dictate belief on others.

I am not dictating beliefs on anyone. I am showing the hypocrisy of homosexuals calling themselves Christians, and how it is an oxymoron.

I am showing what His word says, and showing that Yeshua followed this. To claim that God blesses homosexuals, and that they are truly following Christ is an oxymoron at best.

NO.

You are showing what YOU have CHOSEN to believe.

You are right. I have chosen to believe in YHWH and Yeshua. You have yet to provide proof that the same two characters in the Bibles of roughly 250 million people (which also includes homosexuals, mind you) condone the behavior.

It is YOU personally who has CHOSEN to ignore the real truth that homosexuality is a natural birthright.

Natural birthright argument is one big giant fallacy. I will only fixate on the Christian aspect of the fallacy. There are plenty of chosen behaviors and uncontrollable personality differences that constitute the sum of who a person is and what preferences they have, be it sexual or other wise.The average man is born with the propensity to be attracted to many women, and to want to engage in sexual activity with many women. The point in being a Christian is to resist your weaknesses and to live your life by YHWH's law, as Yeshua did. All people are born into sin. That does not mean that we have to follow that path. That is the choice one makes when yone claims to be a Christian. If one does not follow the path of Yeshua, they are not a Christian. Plain and simple.

It is YOU personally who has CHOSEN to condemn this minority group and deny them equal rights.

I am not condemning anyone, as it is not my place. What is my place, as is the place of anyone who calls themselves a Christian, is to judge and discern, according to the words of Yeshua himself.

Neither am I negating their rights. I could care less what they do. They, like you and I, are free-willed individuals, and we do live in America. As long as it does not cause others to lose rights, more power to them. According to Christianity, their blood is not on my hands, as I have made YHWH's word known.

It is YOU personally that has CHOSEN judgement.

Well, you got something right. Yay for you. But as a follower of Yeshua, I have the right to judge someone's morality based on their actions, as Yeshua did. Because I morally disagree with someone's actions does not mean that I wish them ill-will, just for the record.

Save your "Judge lest not ye be judged" argument. It will be pimp-slapped down with such a force, it will end up on Below Top Secret.

It is YOU - - not God.

Oh really?

Care to show me where God condones homosexuality?

There are many beliefs in this world. YOU are responsible for the belief YOU have CHOSEN.

edit on 17-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Awesome. Many beliefs in this world. So why and try to connect homosexuality with Christianity, when they can ascribe to a belief in which their God does not call homosexuality a sin?

It is like trying to mix water an oil. The two just can't go together.
edit on 7/17/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I do not play ping pong.

Said all I have to say. We're done

Final note: All CHOICES of belief are Yours and Yours alone. No matter who you try to credit or blame.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It makes me have faith in humanity to know America is going in the right direction of equality.

I hope more of this happens and more government funding is pulled from churches that cling to ancient dogma - - that has no reality in today's world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Majority of Americans Now Back Gay Marriage

A new Gallup poll out Friday finds that more than half of Americans want to legalize gay marriage, the first time ever that support for the policy has trumped opposition in the poll.

Fifty-three percent of those surveyed said that they think same-sex marriage “should be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages,” while 45 percent said that they did not. The results are a near reversal from last year, when 53 percent said they opposed the policy and 44 percent said they supported it.

By Josh Voorhees | Posted Friday, May. 20, 2011
slatest.slate.com...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evangelical: We're Losing Fight Against Gay Marriage
Focus on the Family: We're Losing Fight Against Gay Marriage - Christian Post

A pro-family organization has admitted this week that it is losing the battle on same-sex marriage, particularly among young people.

In an interview with World Magazine, Focus on the Family Chief Executive and President Jim Daly said that people in their 20s and 30s were especially likely to support same-sex marriage.

Daly was asked by the magazine how evangelicals were doing in their efforts to support traditional marriage, in comparison to the success they have had advocating against abortion.

He answered: “We’re losing on that one, especially among the 20- and 30-somethings: 65 to 70 percent of them favor same-sex marriage. I don’t know if that’s going to change with a little more age – demographers would say probably not.

www.christianpost.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You are 100% wrong on both

I forgot about the 'canines' in humans probably because I'm not a dentist. I related 'canines' to dogs. My bad.

I'm just going by a study that showed that the human digestive system is designed for a vegetarian diet. Sure we can eat meat. It doesn't mean we can't survive withoout it. I love a big, fat, juicy cheeseburger or a medium-rare ribeye, but that doesn't mean I have to eat it. It's my chpoice to eat steak and beef products.

From what I remember about teeth, insisors are designed for cutting. Canines are designed for tearing and molars are designed for grinding. There exists fibrous vegetatian that needs to be torn before grinding. Eating meat is a matter of choice.

About homosexuality in nature. I'll have to disagree with you. Something is wrong when homosexual tendencies rise up in animals as well as humans.

If homosexuality was normal, life would not exist. Nature designed females and males to be attracted to one another. There's something wrong when males are attracted to males and females to females. It's totally contrary to what the design is. Opinions don't count and studies are usually biased.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
If homosexuality was normal, life would not exist. Nature designed females and males to be attracted to one another. There's something wrong when males are attracted to males and females to females. It's totally contrary to what the design is. Opinions don't count and studies are usually biased.

I have to eat beef. It is the only thing that keeps my blood sugar regulated. I've tried chicken and turkey. It doesn't work. There is something in beef that my body needs.

As far as the "life would not exist" - - - I can not discuss that ignorant thought again.

Please search ATS - - you will find discussions. Not in this thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

You are 100% wrong on both

I forgot about the 'canines' in humans probably because I'm not a dentist. I related 'canines' to dogs. My bad.

I'm just going by a study that showed that the human digestive system is designed for a vegetarian diet. Sure we can eat meat. It doesn't mean we can't survive withoout it. I love a big, fat, juicy cheeseburger or a medium-rare ribeye, but that doesn't mean I have to eat it. It's my chpoice to eat steak and beef products.

From what I remember about teeth, insisors are designed for cutting. Canines are designed for tearing and molars are designed for grinding. There exists fibrous vegetatian that needs to be torn before grinding. Eating meat is a matter of choice.

About homosexuality in nature. I'll have to disagree with you. Something is wrong when homosexual tendencies rise up in animals as well as humans.

can't even begin to tell you how many male dogs try to get some from other male dogs

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Well, since "god" didnt strike down noahs sons for "laying with their father" I don't see it as that big of a sin, if it is one, specially since its not one of the big "10". Its not even as big as adultery. And while you may not care, their are others that spew true hate and death to gay people, that claim the same beliefs you have.
edit on 17-7-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

can't even begin to tell you how many male dogs try to get some from other male dogs

Can't even begin to tell you how many dogs practice cannibalism.

And dogs sniff butts. Should we all do that, as it is natural too?

Using animals as proof is a red herring.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Merely stating that it does happen in nature. Hate is hate, no matter how you slice it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I do not play ping pong.

Ping Pong is quite fun. Have not played in awhile.

Said all I have to say. We're done

Cool. So you can't provide proof that God condones homosexuality, proving the oxymoron of Homosexual Christianity.

Final note: All CHOICES of belief are Yours and Yours alone. No matter who you try to credit or blame.

I agree.

Funny how you keep harping on something I agree with.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I have to agree.

If the state is going to step into the religious arena by granting marriages, it needs to be equal for all.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

Merely stating that it does happen in nature. Hate is hate, no matter how you slice it.

I don't hate anyone. Just merely pointing out logical flaws.

As I have said a few times in this thread. To each their own.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

All sin is equal in the eyes of God. All sin leads to death.

You might not be struck down the instant you sin, but it will come back to haunt you as one day we all will be judged.

Again all sin is the same to God not on different levels.

As far as people spewing hate and death goes, well all I can say is that some people do many things in the "name" of God but that does not mean He endorses their actions.

Raist

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If it helps their argument people use flawed examples of organges when speaking of apples all the time.

Animals do a lot of things that I do not think would fly in the human world. But hey as long as animals do something I want to do it makes it okay.

Raist
edit on 7/18/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

If it helps their argument people use flawed examples of organges when speaking of apples all the time.

Animals do a lot of things that I do not think would fly in the human world. But hey as long as animals do something I want to do it makes it okay.

Raist
edit on 7/18/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

Look mate, heterosexuals act on their sexuality all the time. Why the bloody hell shouldn't homosexuals act on the exact same urge to love and be satisfied? Just because some don't understand it?

And just a heads up - the oranges and oranges thing is ridiculous, almost as stupid as the idiot adam and steve garbage.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join