It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New law prompts marriage officers in Deerpark to quit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hell if it makes cops quit, pass same sex marriage in all cities in America.

That would clean the police department from those who think not all Americans are equal under the law...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by DrChuck

YOU are CHOOSING - - an interpretation of the bible. The one you have decided is correct.

My Point: It is not the only interpretation. There are others - - which you could CHOOSE if you wanted to.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Very true Annee. There are a million interpretations but ultimately only one is the Truth. And the question remains, which is it?

What you believe - - you CHOOSE to believe. Truth is only what you have CHOSEN to be Truth.

You have CHOICE. You can CHOOSE to believe a different way. You can CHOOSE to know and understand same gender attraction is a birthright.

Gays do not have choice. They are born as they are. God made them with the biological makeup of same gender attraction.

YOU HAVE CHOICE - - Gays do not.

edit on 16-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

What the hell are you replying to? Your quote on Bible interpretations was what I replied too, where in the 9th Circle of Hell did you get the impression that I said being gay was a choice?

Anyways back to the real topic. Yes you can choose what to believe, but the Truth is not something you decide, I can choose the Spaghetti Monster to be true but sadly it doesn't make it so.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Hate to tell you but man does not dictate God's likes or dislikes.

God has already stated once His thoughts of homosexuality. I do not think He needs to state it again.

Love the sinner but hate the sin. Everyone lives with sin, that is why we are not to judge the sinner but the sin.

Have a nice day.

Raist

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Since man created god, it seems likely man would dictate what god's likes and dislikes are.

And you have direct quotes from god? Verifiable quotes? This is earth-shattering news!

All I have seen are second, third, fourth hand accounts from a piece of fiction from long ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

I have the Bible I call proof.

You have opinion you call proof.

Neither of us will change our opinion, so to respond and battle over it is pointless. To think otherwise is foolish.

Have a nice day.

Raist

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Annee

Oh quit the beating around the bush semantics BS, Annee.

you said:

I have ZERO tolerance for "pick apart Christians". You believe Jesus is your savior - - you are Christian. Period - end of story.

So let's go with the Yeshua of the New Testament that everyone who is a Christian believes in.

Let's not.

Why do many Atheists find their way through religion - - in search of truth - - in search of God?

Because real truth - real facts - reveal the farce of Christianity. In my 20 years of online forums - - I've talked to several former seminary students who became Atheist from their findings in search to prove Christianity.

Now - - I don't really have a problem with those who choose to use a God belief in a positive loving way - - as it should be used.

I have no use for those - in this day of CHOICE (in most countries) - to continue to hang on to 2000 year old dogma - - that has no place in today's society. If you believe in a God - - then you believe God gave you a brain and independent thought. He gave "man" the right of reasonable Choice - - over ancient dogma.

– Secret Gospel of Mark - - "But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb, they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do, and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God."

www.jesusneverexisted.com...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACK ON TOPIC: New law prompts marriage officers in Deerpark to quit

I sincerely hope more and more and more - - - people of ancient dogma remove themselves from public service.

I would love any position vacated because gays have been given equal rights - - to be filled by a gay person.

More beating around the bush.

Please show me, in the Bible, where Yeshua decides to directly contradict the written Torah.

You can pull all the secret gospels you have out. It changes nothing, as a majority of people that call themselves Christians, follow the Yeshua of the New Testament.

You are trying to move the goal posts, and it ain't working with me.

So using the criteria that you yourself stated, before moving goal posts, please show me the proof of your allegations.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
reply to post by Raist

Since man created god, it seems likely man would dictate what god's likes and dislikes are.

And you have direct quotes from god? Verifiable quotes? This is earth-shattering news!

All I have seen are second, third, fourth hand accounts from a piece of fiction from long ago.

Yep! Those who claim the bible is Truth - - - need to do serious research on the factual origins and translations of translations of translations.

But they won't. They don't really want Truth. They just want to cling to their little cloaked world and believe what they choose to believe.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by NuroSlam

Hate to tell you but man does not dictate God's likes or dislikes.
Raist

Every human understands god a different way. not everyone on earth believes in the same idea of god that you to, every religion claims their holy books are the words of god.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Please show me, in the Bible, where Yeshua decides to directly contradict the written Torah.

You can pull all the secret gospels you have out. It changes nothing, as a majority of people that call themselves Christians, follow the Yeshua of the New Testament.

You are trying to move the goal posts, and it ain't working with me.

So using the criteria that you yourself stated, before moving goal posts, please show me the proof of your allegations.

I don't care. The answer to your question is only a Google away. What is your point?

Are you saying you pick and choose which gospels you agree with?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Obviously you do car, or you would not state what you did.

Or are you skirting the question again?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Obviously you do care, or you would not state what you did.

Or are you skirting the question again?

Make your point.

Or maybe it would fit better in the discussion on ATS from the following thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sigismundus - - - The view that R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir was 'Torah-observant' (with some clarifications ref: healing on Sabbaths &tc.) is clear from much of the Greek material placed into his mouth in the Nicene-approved canonical 'gospels'.

'Amen Amen I say unto you, he who does not observe every single statute of the Torah of Mosheh, and encourages others to disregard them, shall be called Least in the Kingdom -- but those who do observe every statute and law written in the Torah and encourages others to do so shall be called greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven...'

(from Matt. 5:19, part of the so-called Sermon on the Mount , fictional literary collection of Logia (spoken over a 4 year period, see parallels in Mark and Luke for some of the individual settings, closer to their original 'Sitz im Leben', or 'original setting in Life'), representing R. Yehoshua ('Iesous') as the New Moses, giving the New Law, to the New Israel, from, signficantly, a Mountain Top...).

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

The benefits and protections are not the same.

www.now.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Who would've believed that there would be yet another 'gay' pro-con thread on ATS.

The gays community's attempt to legalize 'gay marriage' is just an attempt for them to 'feel' normal. They know they're not normal so therefore they must bring in traditionally heteorsexual practices into their world so they can feel 'normal'.

Who is to say what is normal? We were designed to be herbivores and live to be several hundred years old yet many humans eat meat and don't even live to be a century old.

If gays want to be gay then let them be gay apart from the straight community. Oil and water don't mix.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Who would've believed that there would be yet another 'gay' pro-con thread on ATS.

The gays community's attempt to legalize 'gay marriage' is just an attempt for them to 'feel' normal. They know they're not normal so therefore they must bring in traditionally heteorsexual practices into their world so they can feel 'normal'.

Who is to say what is normal? We were designed to be herbivores and live to be several hundred years old yet many humans eat meat and don't even live to be a century old.

If gays want to be gay then let them be gay apart from the straight community. Oil and water don't mix.

Same sex attraction is normal. It is a natural birthright. It has been witnessed in many mammals in the wild.

Homosexuals are a minority. 51% of Americans now support gay marriage. Obviously many heterosexuals also support gays in the right of equality.

If humans are Herbivores - - why do we have canine teeth?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Humans don't possess 'canine' teeth just as they don't possess 'a natural tendency' to be attracted to the same sex.

It's obvious that you've made up your mind on certain subjects so there's no real need for explanation of my remarks since they'll fall on deaf-ears.

Have a good day.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
reply to post by Annee

Humans don't possess 'canine' teeth just as they don't possess 'a natural tendency' to be attracted to the same sex.

It's obvious that you've made up your mind on certain subjects so there's no real need for explanation of my remarks since they'll fall on deaf-ears.

Have a good day.

You are 100% wrong on both

Humans are Omnivores - Adapted from a talk by John McArdle, Ph.D.
There are a number of popular myths about vegetarianism that have no scientific basis in fact. One of these myths is that man is naturally a vegetarian because our bodies resemble plant eaters, not carnivores. In fact we are omnivores, capable of either eating meat or plant foods. The following addresses the unscientific theory of man being only a plant eater.

Although evidence on the structure and function of human hands and jaws, behavior, and evolutionary history also either support an omnivorous diet or fail to support strict vegetarianism, the best evidence comes from our teeth. The short canines in humans are a functional consequence of the enlarged cranium and associated reduction of the size of the jaws. www.vrg.org...

Nature versus Nurture: Homosexuality's Link to Biology and Society

In 1993 Dean Hamer, a scientist who works at the National Cancer Institute, wrote an article in the journal Science called "A Linkage Between DNA Markers on the X Chromosome and Male Sexual Orientation.2 This controversial article explored homosexuality from a scientific perspective: it was not a choice, or a "form of psychological deviance," but more about biology and genetics. Politics hit the roof with this article. The gene debate and supporters of a biological cause for homosexuality are linked with being pro-gay, just as those who claim science has nothing to do with it may be targeted as homophobic. It's important to wonder: could researchers be taking a stance based on their own sexual orientation?

Hamer claimed to have found evidence for an unidentified gene on the X-chromosome that was passed from mother to son and had an influence on the child becoming gay. With research about gay brothers, Hamer and his colleagues assert that the Mothers' genetic skew correlates to their gay sons. Hamer is trying to discover a gene through the X-chromosome and find out how it controls the sexual orientation trait. On the other hand, this has been challenged by other scientists who believe that Hamer's evidence and research is too weak and broad. It appears as though many other factors may be influencing each of the mothers' sons, and that a more varied and repetitive research is needed.

This unidentified gene has also been found in fruit flies. However, the leap from flies to humans has caused many biologists and researchers to claim that homosexuality is resolutely embedded in genetics and biology. In other words, even if we cannot fully identify the gene at this moment, or completely understand how this is so, biology is the main factor. Finding same sex behavior and the unidentified gene in flies, as well as mice, sheep, and other animals is important because humans share the bulk of their DNA with these other species3.

A gay sheep study backs up the notion that biology has a lot to do with homosexuality. The hypothalamus is known to control sex hormone release as well as sexual behavior, has been found to have distinctive differentiation in the rams. The hypothalamus is twice as large in rams as in ewes, however in gay rams; it was the same size as the "straight" females. These differences in the hypothalamus in size are almost identical to the differences found in neuroscientist Simon LeVay's study of the brains of gay men. Sheep and humans are the only animals where males can physically express utterly gay sexual preferences. Also, the hypothalamus has an enzyme called aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen. This has a lot to do with the hormones that present during a fetus' development.

serendip.brynmawr.edu...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

I already made my point.

It is impossible to be Christian (like Christ) and to be homosexual.

And to say that God sanctions something that He specifically makes a law against is extremely disingenuous.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Reply to post by Annee

I already made my point.

And to say that God sanctions something that He specifically makes a law against is extremely disingenuous.

NO! WRONG! How dare you tell someone else they can't be Christian - believe in Christ - live as Christ lived.

It is your CHOICE to believe the way you do. Belief is a CHOICE.

YOU are CHOOSING to use God to condemn a minority group with a naturally born difference.

It is YOUR responsibility. You are using God as an excuse.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Reply to post by Annee

I already made my point.

NO! WRONG! How dare you tell someone else they can't be Christian - believe in Christ - live as Christ lived.

If they are truly living as Christ did, they would not be homosexuals. Simple logic.

It is your CHOICE to believe the way you do. Belief is a CHOICE.

I agree. But if someone is going to make a CHOICE to follow a certain belief system (i.e. Christianity), then should they not adhere to the tenets of said belief?

If not, that is what is called hypocrisy.

YOU are CHOOSING to use God to condemn a minority group

You are right, because I choose to believ in YHWH, the God of the Hebrew nation. The same God that Yeshua followed. The same God that himself condemned homosexuality.

with a naturally born difference.

Highly debatable.

It is YOUR responsibility. You are using God as an excuse.

It is my responsibility to what?

I am showing what His word says, and showing that Yeshua followed this. To claim that God blesses homosexuals, and that they are truly following Christ is an oxymoron at best.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If they are truly living as Christ did, they would not be homosexuals. Simple logic.

What absolute ignorant BS.

I agree. But if someone is going to make a CHOICE to follow a certain belief system (i.e. Christianity), then should they not adhere to the tenets of said belief?

YOU have CHOICE - - in what you CHOOSE to believe. You do NOT have choice in your birth sexual orientation.

YOU have no authority to dictate belief on others.

I am showing what His word says, and showing that Yeshua followed this. To claim that God blesses homosexuals, and that they are truly following Christ is an oxymoron at best.

NO.

You are showing what YOU have CHOSEN to believe.

It is YOU personally who has CHOSEN to ignore the real truth that homosexuality is a natural birthright.

It is YOU personally who has CHOSEN to condemn this minority group and deny them equal rights.

It is YOU personally that has CHOSEN judgement.

It is YOU - - not God. There are many beliefs in this world. YOU are responsible for the belief YOU have CHOSEN.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join