It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Public is 'sold' on tax increases in a debt-ceiling deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Obama seems to believe that 80% of Americans want a tax increase, Yes
Really That's what Obama believes

I know it's hard for you out there struggling to pay your bills and put your kids through College or to get any type of Good Education.
Many of you are working two jobs or at-lest not Taking Vacations going to Movies or Out To Eat with the family. My next door neighbor could not go to his Family Reunion, couldn't afford the gas.
My husband is a Retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer and while working a Retirement job for a little extra money, He gets a letter from the Office of Personnel Management, asking him how much money he made in 2010, because he could only make approximately $14,000. a year over his retirement.

OK,
He's willing to work, have taxes and ssn taking out of his pay, but our Government limits the amount he can make? What sense does that make, Our Government needs money in the form of taxes and my husband can not make the money to pay the taxes?

But Obama,,,,,, says that he knows the American People and We Are Behind Him and we Want Higher Taxes

NO I DON"T WANT HIGHER TAXES

When we get a COLA raise again and our Health Insurance Does Not Go Up Again ( the portion we pay has gone up ) Then Talk To Me About Higher Taxes and Not Before

thehill.com...
Obama: Public is 'sold' on tax increases in a debt-ceiling deal.

"The American people are sold," he said. "The problem is members of Congress are dug in ideologically."

REALLY WE ARE?

Obama said 80 percent of Americans are on his side in the debate over what to include in the debt package. Voters are paying attention to "who seems to be trying to get something done," the president said. "It's going to be in the interests of everybody who wants to serve in this town to make sure they are on the right side of that impression."

Who are these Americans, Would that 80% Please Raise Your Hands

"I always have hope," Obama said. "Don't you remember my campaign?"

The Above Statement

The president dismissed the "Cut, Cap and Balance" bill to raise the debt ceiling that House Republicans plan to bring up for a vote next week. That plan would link a debt-limit increase to passage of a balanced-budget amendment.

Why Should Obama care about, Cut, Cap and Balance,,,, 80% of America wants Higher Taxes. He'll just take another Vacation,,,, And by the way,,, America, you know that when he's finally GONE,,,, Obama will receive a retirement check from the tax payers and health-care at our expense.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
think about it. could he come out and say that most american's are against his proposal? that would mean that he is knowingly disregarding what his "people" want. yes...he knows we don't want the tax increase but he can't say that.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
He is just completely in denial.

Our leaders have failed us unlike ever before.

This is a perfect example of....

Somebody that is completely out of touch with the American People.

We are truly in big trouble.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
OK, People it's time to dig out your:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b948b6b0acd4.jpg[/atsimg]

Dig Deep, I know you have one,,,,,,,Remember Obama Promised.

edit on 15-7-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What I find so hard to accept is that anyone believes that raising taxes will create jobs.

Our problem in this country is not that we are taxed too little. The problem is that revenues have dropped while expenses have increased. Revenues have dropped because fewer people are paying income tax because fewer people have income!

We need to put people to work in the private sector. Private sector jobs create wealth. Public sector jobs siphon wealth.

It seems many people forget how public sector employees get paid. They get paid by taxing the non-public sector people.

The easiest way to create private sector jobs, historically, has been to lower taxes.

More private sector workers mean more income tax revenues for the government.

The best thing to do now, in my opinion, is to lower spending until such a time as revenues increase.

Just my $0.02
edit on 15-7-2011 by BomSquad because: left out a key word in a sentence..lol

edit on 15-7-2011 by BomSquad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
your absolutly right obama! americans love nothing more then tax increases! well exept maybe new taxes!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yes!!!!! Cant wait to have less money in my paycheck. Its gonna be so awesome guys.

The above should be said in your best cartman voice for full effect.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticUnderdog
your absolutly right obama! americans love nothing more then tax increases! well exept maybe new taxes!

and "hemorrhoids"!
edit on 15-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is awesome.

It'll go perfectly with the increased benefits costs the city and state just started taking from my pay.

I always felt grossing $25K was obnoxious anyway. The guilt of being so wealthy has been eating away at me.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I understand now WHY, Obama needs to raise our taxes and I should have known this, I mean, Look at all the people Obama has put on the Government Payroll in one way or the other.

You've lost your home, your car, your dog and cat and you've lost all your savings. Who supports you?
I think it is Obama asking for more money too keep you poor and taking the Free Things Obama says you need from him and the Government. Of-Course it's not FREE, What Few Tax Payers That Are Left, Pays The Bills and I am sure 80% of us do not want a tax increase.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79a55e481aae.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 15-7-2011 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticUnderdog

No, no they are only going to tax rich corporations. Never mind that every dollar and a few extra tacked on is passed on as price increases in their products and services so the poor and middle class actually DO pay that new tax. Just ignore the obvious and keep on a taxin'

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Its fascinating how much an ignorant populace will accept even while complaining. Taxation is about control through theft not revenue. They have all the revenue they need they just print it and create book entry money. They are nothing more then a criminal gain increasing the protection money and yaz better pays it if yaz knows whats good for you!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We All Knew It Would Happen, It Was Just A Matter Of When

Now it's out and here is a little taste for you, Naturally it's comes from the supporters of Obama and Higher Taxes.
thehill.com...
Jackson Lee: Congress complicating debt ceiling because Obama is black,

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Friday strongly suggested that members of Congress are making it difficult for President Obama to raise the debt ceiling because of his race.

Earlier in her speech, Jackson Lee said Obama has been targeted unlike any other president.

REALLY!!! Show Me The Proof!

"I am particularly sensitive to the fact that only this president — only this one, only this one — has received the kind of attacks and disagreement and inability to work, only this one," said Jackson Lee from the House floor.

First Off,,,, Remember Obama is Half White and I think maybe you should go and take a Bath, You Stink of Bigotry and Racism.

YES, Folks, They've lowered themselves to using the Race Card, Did this Surprise You

Anything to make anyone that does not fall to their knees at the Alter of Obama and Worship his Mortal Earthly Being and his Race,,,,, Is A Racist

I think we should vote for a Double Tax Increase Right Now, So We Don't Offend Our Savior!!!!! NOT!!!!
edit on 15-7-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

President Obama on Friday kept up the pressure on Republicans to agree to revenue increases in a deal to raise the debt ceiling, claiming 80 percent of the public supports Democrats' demand for tax increases.

"The American people are sold," Obama said. "The problem is members of Congress are dug in ideologically."

thehill.com...

What a croc of a massive lie
This guy is a dictator, just jumping on the podium and screaming what the people want
That's why there's a congress Obama!
And we all know for a fact majority of people do NOT want to give a spoiled little bankrupted kid an increase on his credit card when he uses other credit cards to pay his other credit cards

"This is not an issue of salesmanship to the American people," Obama said.

Oh yes it is Obama, you are trying to sell the idea that money grows on trees

"I hope [Republicans are] not just listening to lobbyists and special interests ... I hope they're listening to the American people as well,"

The American people want to End the War which you are Expanding into the entire middle east
The american people want a voice and therefore not unelected but appointed czars that can bypass congress
The American people did not want you to have the most corrupt of corporations funding your campaign and then you giving them key govt. positions(cronyism)

Obama repeated his warning that the country is "running out of time" to avert a financial “Armageddon.”

Obama is pushing for a sweeping package that would save $4 trillion over 10 years.
We gotta act fast, quick let's make a solution that measures savings after my term(s) is/are over.

Are the american people really going to fall for this BS?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

What we need to ask the American People is?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdbbe31c0578.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Obama doesn't want to raise the debt ceiling for social security or medicare
He wants to keep funding THE WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wake up folks!

The real reason why he wants to raise the debt ceiling is because it's his bir'f day!

GOP Debt Ceiling Ace in the Hole: Obama’s Birthday Bash

The Republicans may not realize it, but they have an extra point of leverage in the debt ceiling talks: Barack Obama’s birthday.

It’s on Aug. 4. The president is turning 50. He’s decided to have a quiet celebration with family and a few close friends.

NOT.

Instead, the president is planning an extravagant fundraising bash Aug. 3 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, including a birthday concert teeming with celebrities and – for couples contributing $35,800 – a private dinner with the president. All this just one day after the government is scheduled to run out of cash!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Are the american people really going to fall for this BS?

The American people certainly fell for the supply side scam of lowering taxes for the wealthiest Americans so that the wealth would trickle down to the rest of us.

Obama is right, we have to raise taxes and cut spending to solve our problem. The GOP dreams of cutting all social services while maintaining military spending and shifting the tax burden to the poor and middle class will never work. Unless the GOP are hoping to turn the United States into a third world country where the rich live in luxury and the poor, handicap and elderly beg in the streets for money..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Obama seems to believe that 80% of Americans want a tax increase, Yes Really That's what Obama believes

No, that's what he wants 80% of Americans to believe.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That is A LIE. More bs as we the poor, get socked again. If they raise high taxes on the rich that money only gets transferred to the products they produce and then the product is raised. That only means YOU the consumer pays anyways. We the people always loose.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join