It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The progressive version of the tea party

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
the tea party started with ron paul, You need to get your facts strait. ATM it is being hijacked by repubs to redirect the easily influenced back to the republican party.

I bet you think Palin is a tea party leader as well rofl, I can't believe how stupid you folks are, I sometimes think you truly deserved to be ruled like peasants.

let's just focus on your last statement, proglodyte.

are you using the "everyone like you you?"

or him in particular because i'm sure palin is not a tea party leader, like ron paul used to be.

they like her style and most would support her, i bet.

now, "deserved to be ruled like peasants", that is strange, who will rule us/you like that?
edit on 17-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I've been to many TEa Party events, and I have never seen anything like those videos. You have to expect that the things that will get the most attention, and the most play, and the most airtime, are the most extreme fringe. The Tea Party is not hateful, and in fact, my local Tea Party contains a fair share of Democrats and liberals.

In reality, there is no such thing as a Conservative or a Liberal. Only the very extreme few fringe members can really call themselves either or.

I posted somewhere recently, that I am don't believe in mandatory sentencing, I don't believe in 3 strike rules, I don't believe prostitution should be illegal, I don't believe in seatbelt and helmet and life jacket laws for adults. I am for legalizing the green stuff, I am for emptying out our prisons as much as possible, and I believe those are all CONSERVATIVE views! WHY? Because, they limit the control of the central government on the individual. Those views put the powers and the responsibilities back in the hands of the individuals. That is what being "conservative" is all about. It is about personal responsibility, and extremely small, extremely specialized central government.

I also happen to believe that abortions are not a "choice" to be taken lightly. They should absolutely never be a form of birth control, but they should be legal, with a doctors consent, in the cases of health complications, rape, and incest.

I believe in a Flat Tax system, instead of 1000 page tax code that takes a literal army to enforce!

I don't believe in property taxes, ever, in any form whatsoever.

The Tea Party is just a handy name for a collection of people that oppose the status quo. The status quo happens to be Obama, but the majority of us also oppose the Patriot Act extensions. In my local group, we are split about evenly on our opinions of drilling in the Gulf. I happen to be against it, but I am also against releasing the Strategic Reserve, and I am also against importing from the Middle East. I don't believe any of that is necessary, it is all strategy, and it all puts our population at risk in a number of ways.

I voted for Obama, I supported his ideas for Public Works projects, closing Gitmo, extending Constitutional Rights to POWs and accused terrorists. I supported his commitment to Healthcare reform. I believed he was an outsider with fresh ideas. Turns out I was wrong, and he is a weak leader and a liar. My bad, I'm sorry for my vote. Now I support Ron Paul for the same reasons.

Don't criticize the whole Tea Party based upon a handful of the most extreme and dramatic idiots in a few videos. Why not go down to an actual Tea Party event and see what we are all about, and then make your decision? Why not at least give props for getting regular folks involved, join the movement, and put inject your views and help shape the movement in a positive way that you think will benefit us all?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

they like her style and most would support her, i bet.

Most couch potatoes at home watching Fox News and cheerleading the Tea Party, probably would support her.
It is very sad.

Most people actually attending Tea Party meetings and events, and actively trying to make a difference, would NEVER support Palin. She is ridiculous, and should not be taken seriously.

Unfortunately, the couch potatoes that think the things on the boob tube are real, and believe what the magic box tells them, outnumber the real people on the street. Those couch potatoes think they are helping the Tea Party by reposting stuff on Facebook, and re-telling the stuff from Fox News. It is extremely sad, in my opinion.

So, NO, the Tea Party does not support Palin, but it is a moot point, because the magical boob tube does support her, and the majority of the people follow the boob tube. And their best intentions only work to derail any progress from the actual Tea Partiers.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

This is without a doubt the best response I have ever seen to those (like Beezer) who try to sell the Tea Party. halleluiah!!! to the Walking Fox, I think you are my new hero of the day here on ATS. good job, I like your style.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join