It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The progressive version of the tea party

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

One of the big problems progs have is that even when they try to organize, or protest, or march, or rally; they just don't have the numbers, the strength, the character to see it through.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The tea party, Blue Dogs, and Sociopaths all on one group? I love it, it puts them all together in one small, easily-avoided group of spite and filthy lucre.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Glad you showed up TWF! Now I don't need to describe the typical prog, I can just link to your post to illustrate the vitriol that gets vomited from the mouths of folks like yourself.
I appreciate the fact that you are going to allow yourself to prove my point.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Great… another movement by ideologically rigid Americans designed to ‘hold their feet to the fire’ in terms of partisan ideology. That has just worked out great so far on the right.
Now (assuming this kicks off) we will have a bunch of disgruntled ideologues fighting for more partisanship so that we can only guarantee that nothing ever gets done in Washington and the people not on either side of the political spectrum get screwed… as usual.

We do not need any more ‘populist’ movements across the country, a bunch of noise makers in the streets crying about their demands and showing their displeasure. No thanks, I have had my fill.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The big problems with progressives is that they use emotions to drive their points while conservatives use common sense and facts to illustrate theirs.
Anger is what drives the mob. Yeah, it'll get people to show up, but after a few smashed windows, a couple of over-turned cars, they run back home to await their government checks. Flinging words around like "racism" is akin to a monkey flinging poo at your local zoo. The impact is rarely felt, and the sight is often humerous.
Anger can only get the progressive movement so far.

And that is because forwarding a true movement of change takes work. Something they leave to others.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I hate to be 'that guy' but...

"the only good communist is a dead communist!" - that does not sound like someone basing their argument purely on reason without the combination of emotion. Before the Tea Party the American Right mocked the Left for its obsession with emotional rhetoric, it seems both sides are guilty of that now. Both sides need to abandon the emotional rhetoric and quit acting like children after someone took their toy away.

edit on 7/17/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Not a problem. As in any case a person can always find an exception to the rule. Even in causes I support.
It's a good reminder to anyone that we sometimes need to rein in our more colourful emotions and in order to win the day, need to rely on facts instead of rhetoric.

edit on 17-7-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Maybe if we could get MSNBC to screech about the 'movement' 24/7 and remind us again and again and again on when and where the 'big meeting' will be we could pull something off.

Or we could just trawl the blogosphere and progressive meetings during the summer to try and coordinate something.

Admit it Beez, the Tea Party is only as big as Fox "news" wanted it to be. How much money FreedomWorks pumped into the buses and stages and permits to help the 'grassroots' organization.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I thought the progs already tried organizing their own movement, it was called the coffee party and it failed miserably.

Don't you wish your coffee was hot like tea?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
Maybe if we could get MSNBC to screech about the 'movement' 24/7 and remind us again and again and again on when and where the 'big meeting' will be we could pull something off.

Or we could just trawl the blogosphere and progressive meetings during the summer to try and coordinate something.

Admit it Beez, the Tea Party is only as big as Fox "news" wanted it to be. How much money FreedomWorks pumped into the buses and stages and permits to help the 'grassroots' organization.

Since I am a member of the Tea Party, and don't get funding from anyone, your assertion is false. Being type-cast by progressives is about as common as a politician lying.

Thanks for playing though!

Marsha? What do we have for our contestant?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Who paid for that last rally you went to? Ah yes, the 'producers' the 'job-creators' your types always praise. Who funded that great big rally in DC? Who paid for that bus that toured the country? How about all the air time on Fox?

You're not being paid to think the way you do but there are plenty of people being paid to suggest to you how you should be thinking. Leading your rally's with prayer and vehement nationalism. Do you even know what the term 'wealth disparity' means? Does it have any impact on your defense of the richest people on the planet?

Edit: I read this immediately after I wrote the above.
edit on 17-7-2011 by links234 because: The link!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The big problems with progressives is that they use emotions to drive their points while conservatives use common sense and facts to illustrate theirs.

Wow can you prove that one? What did Mark Twain write about common sense? Wasn't it something about the collective predjudices of a generation?

Common sense will lead to mass poverty and civil war.. The "I got mine mentality and to hell with you" will break this country with the simplistic and rosy view of the American past. This is not the past it is a very interesting time and we need to transition from this society to another one that is more stable and serves the needs of the masses. I still cannot abide lazy bums. But my progressive views are beyond modern soundbite culture and in fact I am not sure how to effect the change. But at least I am honest unlike the T party.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Who paid for that last rally you went to?

I did. We car pooled.

Ah yes, the 'producers' the 'job-creators' your types always praise. Who funded that great big rally in DC?

Dunno. I didn't go.

Who paid for that bus that toured the country? How about all the air time on Fox?

Dunno. Didn't see the bus tour.
Air-time on Fox? We get more support from the negative stories on MSNBC.

You're not being paid to think the way you do but there are plenty of people being paid to suggest to you how you should be thinking.

Proof? Or are you just going by what the media tells you.

Leading your rally's with prayer and vehement nationalism.

In our group sometimes we let the liberal start off with a prayer. Or if the gay folks want to start off with something, we let 'em.

Do you even know what the term 'wealth disparity' means? Does it have any impact on your defense of the richest people on the planet?

Class warfare much? Hate the ones who work, THAT sounds like a full time job.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Class warfare much?

At which point would you prefer I fight back? Before or after I'm destitute?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Class warfare much?

At which point would you prefer I fight back? Before or after I'm destitute?

Who cares? If you're destitue, then it would be because of your own doing. Blaming others for ills that have befallen you is a lazy way to go though life.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You have absolutely no comprehension of social responsibility. I'll leave you to your thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

You have absolutely no comprehension of social responsibility. I'll leave you to your thread.

Personal responsibility is taking ownership for your actions and for your own fate.

Social responsibility is placing the blame and/or responsibility on others. Good luck with that.

edit on 17-7-2011 by beezzer because: .

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

Not a problem. As in any case a person can always find an exception to the rule. Even in causes I support.
It's a good reminder to anyone that we sometimes need to rein in our more colourful emotions and in order to win the day, need to rely on facts instead of rhetoric.

edit on 17-7-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Facts and data mean nothing to Progressives, beez. Neither does reason. It's hard to see anything when you you've got your eyes closed and your hand outstretched waiting for someone to put something in it.

The Tea Party of today is different than its original inception. The (T)axed (E)nough (A)lready party was a grass-roots movement. Even conservative Republicans would show up at their rallies and get booed off the stage, because they represented Big Government to these people just as much as Democrats did. Then it got hijacked by people that had no idea what it was about and by members of the GOP that needed some coattails to grab hold of.

I don't fault you or anyone else here on ATS that is a member of the current Tea Party movement. I know your goals are the same as their original goals. But it's a very different animal than it was, and it isn't necessarily for the better.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Agreed, sir. Which is why it is so important to stay and fight for those original ideals than quit and go home.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Social responsibility? Exactly what is that to you? I'd like to see an example of it and your arguments in its defense.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join