It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking Coffee=Grounding from Reiki/Meditation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 15-7-2011 by Arcfyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I always have to hold a piece of smoky quartz for a couple of mins after meditation. I feel as if im floating around if I don't. My reiki teacher swore by ice cold water to ground her.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Haha. Yes, I spent three years drinking three pots every day of the darkest roast Italian coffees I could find. It was a most bizarre craving, but one I had to satisfy constantly and consistently. This was during a particularly "energetic" time of my spiritual development. I have had one after another of these odd cravings, though they aren't cravings in the way we normally experience them. They are just *right*. I can't really express it more clearly than that.

This was during a time when a Reiki-like form of healing "spontaneously" made itself present in my life. I had no idea what Reiki was like, but my boss's wife saw me doing this to someone. She said it was very much like Reiki, and as a Reiki master, I suppose she would know.

Thank you for the information about the coffee thing. That "craving" left me about a year ago, but it's still good to know what it was. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Too much coffee or caffeine will produce anxiety and fear. It happens to me quite often, since I am in school and the studying is quite intense, I drink coffee and energy drinks throughout the day and night. When I start getting anxious and begin having fearful thoughts, I know I need to lay off the coffee. I think it probably has something to do with neurotransmitters, although I've not researched it, to be honest. But I saw your post and had to reply because I have these same experiences.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You would be terrified if I would tell you how many coffees I'm drinking every day but I had never experienced anything.
But once when I had so much to work except usual enormous amount of coffee I drank two bottle of redbull and some of this pseudoenergetic pills with more cofeine. Yeaa That was something
But I still didn't see anything wired except that I had so much caffeine inside that I had fell like power plant.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Okay this seems to have confused a lot of people. What I read in the OP is that drinking coffee when you practice energy healing (such as Reiki) has a grounding effect. This would mean that it brings you down out of this highly energized and high-vibrational state. This is not about the effects of caffeine or other stimulants in normal situations.

However, grounding is not going to reduce awareness. It will allow "return to earth" though, which is important for keeping one's nerves in good working order. Many channelers, psychics, healers, and the like, experience fibromyalgia after many years of energy work. Water is a good way to balance out both the energy worker and the recipient of healing, but it's not enough. I like to put unrefined sea salt in my water and leave it in the sun while I do healing work - provided there is sunlight to be had at that time of year. Not something to be taken for granted in my part of the world. Grounding can be done in many ways. I just never knew coffee was one of them. In all my years of energy work (and having a friend who is both a high-level barista and lower-level energy worker), no one has ever made reference to such a thing and I had no idea that coffee had a grounding effect, even in my extreme consumption phase.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
reply to post by Vandalour

Too much coffee or caffeine will produce anxiety and fear. It happens to me quite often, since I am in school and the studying is quite intense, I drink coffee and energy drinks throughout the day and night. When I start getting anxious and begin having fearful thoughts, I know I need to lay off the coffee. I think it probably has something to do with neurotransmitters, although I've not researched it, to be honest. But I saw your post and had to reply because I have these same experiences.

Thanks.. for your reply, I really had ALL to much coffee, and and felt a fear I never felt since, and I never experimented with coffee since, I drink only moderate portions now. again thx.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Okay this seems to have confused a lot of people. What I read in the OP is that drinking coffee when you practice energy healing (such as Reiki) has a grounding effect. This would mean that it brings you down out of this highly energized and high-vibrational state. This is not about the effects of caffeine or other stimulants in normal situations.

However, grounding is not going to reduce awareness. It will allow "return to earth" though, which is important for keeping one's nerves in good working order. Many channelers, psychics, healers, and the like, experience fibromyalgia after many years of energy work. Water is a good way to balance out both the energy worker and the recipient of healing, but it's not enough. I like to put unrefined sea salt in my water and leave it in the sun while I do healing work - provided there is sunlight to be had at that time of year. Not something to be taken for granted in my part of the world. Grounding can be done in many ways. I just never knew coffee was one of them. In all my years of energy work (and having a friend who is both a high-level barista and lower-level energy worker), no one has ever made reference to such a thing and I had no idea that coffee had a grounding effect, even in my extreme consumption phase.

Yes it has lol

When I was taught my 1sr and 2nd degree Reiki the teacher used to wash her hands and arms after each treatment (of someone else) in order to wash away any residue that might have stayed. Drinking water was never her thing but she was the only person who used to drink coffee in order to prevent herself from 'flying too far off'.

It never really made much sense of it until one of the posts on here, the one we mentioned earlier said something about not being able to see the hidden due to the amount of coffee consumption.

Since I never even see the 'hidden' creatures around us Ive never actually put this thing to test. Id appreciate it if someone could come out and say they can somehow test it.
edit on 16-7-2011 by nusnus because: spellcheck duh

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think coffee wont affect anything about grounding. But i might be wrong cos i dont know much about grounding in meditation. But i assumed it is releasing the energy so it wont circulating wildly inside.

Basically i think meditation is the same, nomatter where it come from or base in what. To collect the energy and to make the energy container larger, to spin/vibrate the energy, compress it and collect more.
And for more level, the inner energy that spin faster in some direction must be synchronized with energy in physical body. Other ritual like pour special water or bathing in some river or something to do with physical activity like a long walking for spiritual journey usually for body synchronized.

Major difference usually about where the energy from and what this use for.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My awareness is so sharp in the morning and I used to get really depressed to see it go half-way through a cup of coffee.

You gotta do what works for you man. I mean I came to a point where I realized I was more interested with my karma or inner calling etc and that physical actions were required. Due to my lifestyle and my current job being very laborous, I'm usually pumped full of caffeine because it helps. Meditation suffers from it of course. But I'll say this man, I had this neighbor, he would give me psychic readings when drunk and stoned out of his mind. And they were accurate.

Hey man, now and then I would play guess the card drinking games and I got a lot of intuitive hits with that after a few beers. I bet one coffee and I wouldn't get any results. It really is the worse thing for me personally so I see where you're coming from or the person who told you this. It really blows my mind how coffee is so common place and no'one talks about how it robs you of your senses right from the moment you wake up. I don't know how these people function. I forget and misplace things, when I was first learning my job, the days where I got in accidents due to forgeting things were the days I had coffee.

Anyways, on that note i'm going to get some breakfast and a coffee I think. haha. Seeing creatures in other dimensions has no current importance in my life, feeling good and having the energy to get some things done attributed to my "path" does however. This coffee will get me productive.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And as far as coffee being attributed to grounding, I'm having trouble understanding that one, because it makes me scattered...sure grounded in a sense that it makes you more centered in your 5 senses and basic human existence.. but it wakes you up so I wouldn't say it would help GROUND me and allow me to sit still and meditate. Man, the best thing for grounding as I define it, is exercise and laborous work. It makes you appreciate a good SIT on any thing you can find that resembles a chair, and then ~~~~ trancing 3rd eye show here we come.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
And as far as coffee being attributed to grounding, I'm having trouble understanding that one, because it makes me scattered...sure grounded in a sense that it makes you more centered in your 5 senses and basic human existence.. but it wakes you up so I wouldn't say it would help GROUND me and allow me to sit still and meditate. Man, the best thing for grounding as I define it, is exercise and laborous work. It makes you appreciate a good SIT on any thing you can find that resembles a chair, and then ~~~~ trancing 3rd eye show here we come.

Well my reiki teacher never really used the word grounding, but I've no other word to describe it.

I mean, I imagined it as being able to 'fly' through too much awareness I suppose so I use grounding to represent the opposite. But yea its kind of inaccurate. Thanks for your input!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join