It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Cleanup for Message Clues

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Now Hiring: Applicant needed to fill evil hammurabian webmaster space that has recently become open due to dutorial neglect and general incompetence. Experience in the area of ring aqquisition would be preferable if not mandatory, the ability to outsmart the average 13-18 year old person will also get you some extra credit

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's beginning to seem as if we're the only three working on this now

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Oh... are we working on something now?

I think it is only you two....

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am here but strange events have been occuring since the 13th - Friday the 13th. So I am laying low until I recieve further instructions, I am staying in touch with the other captains, but Smirkley is missing and his ring is the key as it is the only one -5- doesnt know. We must secure his location.

We can not reveal the words now, it is not yet the time of convergence.

EDIT: There is no spoon!

[edit on 8/14/2004 by zsandmann]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
LOL probably

Where is everyone? It's a SATURDAY, no one has to work....

Edit====> So we pretty much wait until this convergence? Any clue as to when it might be? I hope it happens before I have to go to work on Monday

[edit on 14-8-2004 by TheHeggy]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Convergence comes in many forms, it must not be rushed, and can only occur on hollowed ground where it is safe. --No wait thats the Highlander.

There can be only ONE!!!!!!

EDIT --There can be only FOUR!!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
When is the Convergance? Last time i checked, Cromeline had it set for 2012

Thats why i think that year may have something to do with the convergence, like on H5 site, but it doesn't actually mean the end of the hunt takes place then.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Nosferatu Zodd]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
con�ver�gence
Pronunciation Key : (kn-v�rjns)
n.

The act, condition, quality, or fact of converging.

Mathematics. The property or manner of approaching a limit, such as a point, line, function, or value.

The point of converging; a meeting place: a town at the convergence of two rivers.

Physiology. The coordinated turning of the eyes inward to focus on an object at close range.

Biology. The adaptive evolution of superficially similar structures, such as the wings of birds and insects, in unrelated species subjected to similar environments. Also called convergent evolution.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Look at the bottom of sandman's post. There is some morse code there(probably).

Now he has edited it out.

[edit on 14/8/04 by gravitron]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHeggy

I hope I am one of the three, I have Gone through all the old text of everyone, and picked what i thought stood out, i posted it all in, how we can help the captains.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by TheHeggy

I hope I am one of the three, I have Gone through all the old text of everyone, and picked what i thought stood out, i posted it all in, how we can help the captains.

Well, not three EXACTLY

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Uh, the morse code was removed.

I still have it though!

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Will you U2U me with it, please.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Good work, Heggy. I forgot to copy the code. Good it isn't lost.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have it also, plugged it into a translator and just got ""

may need to locate the breaks?

If it is even part of the hunt

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It might also be binary, but I haven't got time to try solving it tonight.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"Resurrection, like politics, makes strange bedfellows," Sam Clemens said. "I can't say that the sleeping is very restful."

Telescope under one arm, he puffed on a long, green cigar while he paced back and forth on the poop deck of the Dreyrugr (Bloodstained). Ari Grimolfsson, the helmsman, not understanding English, looked bleakly at Clemens. Clemens translated for him in wretched Old Norse. The helmsman still looked bleak.

Clemens loudly cursed him in English for a dunderheaded barbarian. For three years, Clemens had been practicing tenth-century Norse night and day. And he was still only half intelligible to most of the men and women aboard the Dreyrugr.

"A ninety-five-year-old Huck Finn, give or take a few thousand years," Clemens said. "I start out down The River on a raft. Now I'm on this idiot Viking ship, going upRiver. What next? When will I realize my dream?"

Keeping the upper part of his right arm close to his body so he would not drop the precious telescope, he pounded his right fist into his open left palm.

"Iron! I need iron! But where on this people-rich, metal-poor planet is iron? There has to be some! Otherwise, where did Erik's ax come from? And how much is there? Enough? Probably not. Probably there's just a very small meteorite. But maybe there's enough for what I want. But where? My God, The River may be twenty million miles long! The iron, if any, may be at the other end.

"No, that can't be! It has to be somewhere not too far away, within 100,000 miles of here. But we may be going in the wrong direction. Ignorance, the mother of hysteria, or is it vice versa?"

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What was just posted is from "The Fabulous Riverboat"

Look here:
www.randomhouse.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
As for Bilbo Baggins, even while he was making his speech, he
had been fingering the golden ring in his pocket: his magic ring that
he had kept secret for so many years. As he stepped down he slipped
it on his finger, and he was never seen by any hobbit in Hobbiton
again.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
As for Bilbo Baggins, even while he was making his speech, he
had been fingering the golden ring in his pocket: his magic ring that
he had kept secret for so many years. As he stepped down he slipped
it on his finger, and he was never seen by any hobbit in Hobbiton
again.

And this of course is from LOTR-Fellowship of the Ring, but in our case it should be Fellowship of the Rings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join