It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Cleanup for Message Clues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Just thinking a bit........

Path to the new is hidden in the old -- Whatever it is we're looking for is on the OLD site.

The words are the key -- Something in one of the posts is the key to the final task.

When does wisdom happen? -- When you gain experience and information. Or when you win the prize.... (Wisdom is the prize)

Why did we hunt? -- To find the rings.

What is the purpose? -- For the four to become one.

The captains know the words. -- The words are they key, so the captains know what we need to be searching for on the old site.

The task is not here. The task is here -- More proof that the final task is on the old site?

Deny ignorance. -- If you deny ignorance, does that make you wiser?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Another thought occured to me while laying in bed:

There are 40 unique white messages (based on the list on page one of this thread), so can they be paired together?

Or can they all be strung together to make a sentance?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Cinder....I posted the ezboard URL earlier in this thread. If you can make a google search for that board I, for one, would be very happy.

We learn wisdom from our fathers...don't we? I noticed there was a user named Father something or other on the old board.

The old board may not be the site. The 'old' reference may refer to old clues. I am clueless at this point. Too much general input. We need a more specific clue I think.

EZboard url

p084.ezboard.com...

[edit on 8/14/2004 by dashcat]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If someone could rally up all the old clues and put them here it would be nice
. It does say all the clues matter so put them up
. I havent even seen all the clues XD.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
If someone could rally up all the old clues and put them here it would be nice
. It does say all the clues matter so put them up
. I havent even seen all the clues XD.

All of the old clues are here.....
engineering.purdue.edu...
and here......
www.icebunnies.com...

Between these two site, everything is basically accounted for.....

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How could every old clue matter? I've been sitting here forever now looking at every clue and their answer.... And I'm not seeing any connection to anything in the white messages....

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Good point heggy, how could every old clue matter?
the only relevance that every clue has with any other ring clue is that they have to do with the rings/contest, past that, at the moment, i can see no further

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What I'm thinking is that the Captains have to give us the words (White Message: The Captains Know The Words, The Words Are The Key).... Maybe then some of this will make sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
we definately need to look in the old ATS, in this window when i went to reply i got a white message: you must search outside. the search is inside.
outside means out of this message board previously, inside would mean something related to this board, like the old one.

i mean it is a new message isn't it???

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Nosferatu Zodd]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yes, but we have no keywords to search for on the old site.... What do we need to be putting in the search engine?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, we would not be able to communicate the words in the open. -5- has been a menace and has tried to reacquire the rings and their words. Well, he definitely does not know the 1st ring (Smirkleys Ring) word. He supposedly does know the other 3 ring words, but something is fishy about that. I mean, why has -5- been trying to get the rings back if you only need the words or maybe he forgot the words? hmmm Well, either way it would not be safe to give the words out.
Each Captain will be responsible for their word and will need to know what to do with the words at the appropriate time. We have been keeping in close contact with each other through very secure channels. If it becomes clear that we need to divulge the the words, then we will, but presently, safety & security are the most important. Anyone out there could be -5-.

Zsandmann has now been contacted and updated. Smirkley has been offline for a little time, so I am a bit worried for his safety, but if he is in danger, he knows how to communicate.

This is quite an interesting set of messages that we currently have.
I am not quite certain that we have enough to go off of now. Even if we go through every clue, it would be almost impossible to know where to turn. Although, we never made it to London hmmm Not quite sure if it was because the rings were moved around twice, so the locations got changed or not. But, we did hit the On-line location (Smirkleys ring), Sydney (my ring put back due to -5- trying to get it), New York (Seth's Ring), London.... nothing. The last ring was found with Thomas Crowne, which is Alabama. hmmm Now, Simon is from England, his uncle (0) dead
.. hmmm Has Simon taken over for Uncle Jeff? Are we off to Merry Ole England? hmmm

I could like to ask this to Cerberus. Have you analyzed this new set of messages and do you think that this is enough to go on?

Well, just some thoughts.......

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
Even if we go through every clue, it would be almost impossible to know where to turn.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think there's enough information yet to be able to make an effective effort....

[edit on 14-8-2004 by TheHeggy]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosferatu Zodd
we definately need to look in the old ATS, in this window when i went to reply i got a white message: you must search outside. the search is inside.

It could also mean BTS.... It is DOWN right now. I wonder if SO has found something. After all, -5- said he would get even with him. Has -5- been trying to search ahead of us and has gotten a jump on us and messed things up? hmmmm Maybe he is hoping to make it to the end before us and will jsut try to guess the words? hmmm ... Questions and things to ponder.... hmmm

[edit on 14-8-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I wonder if SO has found something. After all, -5- said he would get even with him. Has -5- been trying to search ahead of us and has gotten a jump on us and messed things up? hmmmm Maybe he is hoping to make it to the end before us and will jsut try to guess the words? hmmm ... Questions and things to ponder.... hmmm

(game off)
first of all im sure we all know that 5/cromeline is a fictitious character created by ATS to make it seem like the game was out of thier hands. Also that 4 words no matter the combination can hold the previously talked about power. granted someone may have hacked BTS hence the downtime at the moment but not 5. In the end i am inclined to agree, the search spectrum is to broad and i can't tell what is important to search for as i have been looking for a few solid hours today.
(game on)

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Many of -5-'s posts stated that we were doing the work for him, and that he was just sitting back kinda riding our coat-tails.

If he's reading everything we're typing, isn't that just letting him know what direction we're headed in? Shouldn't we have some kind of secure communication going on here?

If necessary, I could set something up on my site that would allow only the "good" people to access and see where we are...? Just an idea

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Tell me, what would be the point in getting to the next part of the hunt before everyone else when you are probably the person who helped place the clue?
5 may be back later, but he is not going to get anything before us that would lead to our side's LOSS of the hunt. I mean unless you overlook that one time where i found a ring and 5 almost intercepted it (storyline) which was used to cover a real probem (I hope), but it ended up safely in JCMin japan's hands, or on his finger

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Now, Cromeline has stated that this is not a game. ATS said that this is a game....... Who is right... maybe a little deceit on both sides to get this quest moving along. I mean, why would ATS care if -5- got the ring back or not if this was just a game? hmmmmm We need to find out what these rings or words do when put together for real. We have heard Cromelines version, but it is vague at that. This could be where the lies part comes into play. Is this a game? Well, the rings are real, the words are real, the 4 captains are definately real, Simon is real, in my opinion -5- is real, ans so is cerberus. I hope you all are real as well. We cannot let doubt stray us from the path.

Originally posted by TheHeggy
If he's reading everything we're typing, isn't that just letting him know what direction we're headed in? Shouldn't we have some kind of secure communication going on here?

If necessary, I could set something up on my site that would allow only the "good" people to access and see where we are...? Just an idea

Good idea.... but, one problem........ Who is Cromeline???
Who can you trust? Anyone of the posters could be him... hmmmm
We have not problems right now as the rings are safe. So, even if there is a place to put the words or a location we need to place the rings, he is unable to do it. When we get to the end, we will have to be very very careful.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You have a point there, about who we can trust.

I know I'm not -5-, and I know that neither are you two who've been posting today

Perhaps a moderator involved in the hunt could check what IP -5- has been using, and check it against the IPs of other members?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Good idea.... but, one problem........ Who is Cromeline??? Who can you trust? Anyone of the posters could be him... hmmmm

Is this a game? Well, the rings are real, the words are real, the 4 captains are definately real, Simon is real, in my opinion -5- is real, ans so is cerberus. I hope you all are real as well.

Hey i don't want to be a negative nancy but is this aimed at me???
J/K
Don't mind me, I'm just a figment of your imagination, *slowly fades away*

Oh and I apologize for any past, present and future attempts at comedy

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosferatu Zodd
Hey i don't want to be a negative nancy but is this aimed at me???
J/K

Well, with the job that Cromeline is doing, the -5- job will be up for grabs soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join