It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pastafarian' make's his stand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A new age athiest has gone beyond the call of duty by winning his battle to be allowed to wear a 'Sieve' (Pasta Strainer) on his head for his official drivers license photo.

An Austrian atheist has won the right to be shown on his driving-licence photo wearing a pasta strainer as "religious headgear".

Article Link: Austrian driver allowed 'pastafarian' headgear photo

Iv not got much of an opinion on this subject as to me it seems silly. However hats off to the guy for taking it all the way, I must admit im not fully up to speed with what ever it is the Flying Spaghetti Monster stand for. According to wiki they believe that an invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster satirically created the universe "after drinking heavily"

Im all for giving kids an alternative to religion but I truely hope my kids dont come home with a genuine text book that teaches how we where all created by this gruesome drunken spaghetti monster, i've got enough to deal with.

A self-confessed atheist, Mr Alm says he belongs to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a light-hearted, US-based faith whose members call themselves pastafarians.

In response to pressure for American schools to teach the theory known as intelligent design, which some Christians favour as an alternative to natural selection, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote to the Kansas School Board asking for the pastafarian version of intelligent design to be taught to schoolchildren.

Just thought this was some fun news to share with ATS

edit on 15-7-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

As to not really understanding a religion, be it a serious or humouristic one, you are not alone.

Even those professing actively to religion appear to have the same problem. Otherwise religions wouldn't schism all the time on interpretation issues.

new topics

join