It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on the reasons for alien craft/beings visiting Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm sure we have all seen many sightings where the UFO is a light in the sky, flying and turning angles rapidly. So my question is why, what reason would aliens have to fly around wildly in the sky lit up? It’s not like they would have trouble showing they exist if that’s what they wanted. I just don’t get why they seem to fly about with no reasoning, in fact if they have been visiting for many years surely they would have discovered most of what they want to know on earth by now.

I’m talking about apparent alien spaceships though even if they were military I don’t get why the crafts would travel so randomly. I would say I’m still on the fence about aliens visiting earth though I believe it is very possible, I just don’t understand the motives if they are real, they must have the inteligence and tech to even be unseen or seen depending on their goals. Also I appreciate none of us really know so there is no need to start telling mystical stories about how Planet X has a space battle with(you get the idea)... Just opinions and thoughts?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If they have the capability to get here, I'm sure we'd be fascinating to observe. We are ATLEAST decades from being able to observe them. We are like an ant farm.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The thing i dont get is why military technology would be so good at flying around in a really weird way (ie really sharp turns/altitude changes etc) if it is not actually being used by them?
Whats the point of inventing something incredible and not using it for anything?
If the worlds military has managed to create flying craft that can defy what we see as normal flight, why would they not have put it to use already?
As for alien life visiting us, i dont really get why they would want to risk getting so close, knowing that if our military did spot them there is a chance they would be shot down
Surely if they have the tech to get here from wherever they came, they would have the tech to safely observe us in great detail from a distance.
All you have to do is look at the detail we can get from things like google earth to know that a more advanced race should be able to do a hell of a lot better from further away

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I would say that around 90% of the crafts people see/film/video are military crafts from this planet.

The other 10% well....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Maybe the reasons they visiting us it's because this is their planet...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadys321
If they have the capability to get here, I'm sure we'd be fascinating to observe.. We are like an ant farm.

This pretty much sums it up I think. How do you think humans would act in the same scenario? We would abduct, probe and observe just as they most likely are.
Do you feel bad when you kill a bug, or rodent? They probably perceive us the same way.

The difference is humans would just study the primitive race's weaknesses and what we can exploit, cause we are cool like that. (sarcasm)
edit on 15-7-2011 by StripedBandit because: elaborating on my context... before the trolls get me!

edit on 15-7-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My own thoughts are there is more than one kind of visitor, some will want to help us destroy ourselves, like some giant game of galactic chess. And some want to prevent us from destroying ourselves. Some may already be fighting on our behalf somewhere else. Clearly the good guys are winning or we'd have been wiped out long ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

It was just discovered that there are still primitive tribes in the Amazon and those people didn't have contact to the outside world. They are basically on their own and developing their own identity and living their way of life. Do you want to appear before them and change how they live? You most probably will just leave them alone and let them live their life the way they are doing now. That is what is happening to us with regards to our cosmic brothers. They are just observing us and when we are ready, then they will finally show themselves to us.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My thoughts are, they are NOT UFO's, but experimental black ops aircraft. My reasoning for this is simply this. We're a warlike race that kills eachother for a nickel, we abort our unborn young when there exists the possibility that ONE of those unborn babies could be the next forerunner to leading us into the next civilization type an intrasolar civilzation that colonizes its other worlds and larger planetoids (moons). We fill earths orbit with giant pieces of metal junk, so that we have a virtual junkyard of shrapnel encasing our world.

The ONLY reason an advanced cilicization would have to visit us would be to come here and take pics of the zoo to take home to their people, because they most likely see us as a zoo filled full of aggressive animals that are homocidal, junkyard hoarding imbeciles.

Personally i dont believe they exist and im not concerned about them anyways, im keeping my eyes on God, nothing else matters.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
First UFOs came here and aliens were in the wow factor, when coming here they supposedly made underground bases on earth and the moon. If a UFO is in a wow factor so be it, but 90% of the time I have seen UFOs they appear to be "working" on a mission. They do not waste time when they are working. And who wouldn't want to have fun sometimes, but they are not just sitting around. An abductee may be in the UFO is you see it sitting and glowing for a half an hour.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

As others have stated, I think "UFOs" are really just government planes. Leonardo Da Vinci had a design for flying saucers, as did Nikola Tesla. The government has Tesla's research, thus I believe they are the one's flying these crafts.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

It was just discovered that there are still primitive tribes in the Amazon and those people didn't have contact to the outside world. They are basically on their own and developing their own identity and living their way of life. Do you want to appear before them and change how they live? You most probably will just leave them alone and let them live their life the way they are doing now. That is what is happening to us with regards to our cosmic brothers. They are just observing us and when we are ready, then they will finally show themselves to us.

I get what your saying, however like I said why do they need to fly about randomly lit up when they dont want to seen? Im sure they could have devices flying about with cameras which fly exactly like birds, we even have that tech today. If I wanted to observe that tribe I wouldnt start flying above in a helicopter, it just doesnt make sense to me. It has to be more than just sitting back and watching as if they did not want to get in the way we wouldnt even be having this conversation right now.

Also I do believe the military is the most likely, perhaps having people film footage is a way of showing off to the rest of the world. Still most footage I see if not a hoax (which most will be) then I feel there must be some reasoning. Perhaps the movement gathers energy or something.
edit on 15-7-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
My thoughts are, they are NOT UFO's, but experimental black ops aircraft. My reasoning for this is simply this. We're a warlike race that kills eachother for a nickel, we abort our unborn young when there exists the possibility that ONE of those unborn babies could be the next forerunner to leading us into the next civilization type an intrasolar civilzation that colonizes its other worlds and larger planetoids (moons). We fill earths orbit with giant pieces of metal junk, so that we have a virtual junkyard of shrapnel encasing our world.

The ONLY reason an advanced cilicization would have to visit us would be to come here and take pics of the zoo to take home to their people, because they most likely see us as a zoo filled full of aggressive animals that are homocidal, junkyard hoarding imbeciles.

Personally i dont believe they exist and im not concerned about them anyways, im keeping my eyes on God, nothing else matters.

If they are black ops aircraft, why is it that they have been in secret production for years and nothing that they have or are using are anything like what have been seen?
As for believing in god, i dont see how that is relevent to this thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

If they are black ops aircraft, why is it that they have been in secret production for years and nothing that they have or are using are anything like what have been seen?
As for believing in god, i dont see how that is relevent to this thread.

To be fair how do you keep something secret if you use it? Im sure a lot of military projects have been in the dark for years. Many of the countries that I assume would posses these crafts havent had the need to use them. Its alot easier sending soldiers to die and drones to bomb, besides we dont even know if the craft have been used in war or what there uses are. The technology would help all future projects so it wouldnt be a waste even if they never left the the instaltions.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Originally posted by wavemaker

I get what your saying, however like I said why do they need to fly about randomly lit up when they dont want to seen? Im sure they could have devices flying about with cameras which fly exactly like birds, we even have that tech today. If I wanted to observe that tribe I wouldnt start flying above in a helicopter, it just doesnt make sense to me. It has to be more than just sitting back and watching as if they did not want to get in the way we wouldnt even be having this conversation right now.

Also I do believe the military is the most likely, perhaps having people film footage is a way of showing off to the rest of the world. Still most footage I see if not a hoax (which most will be) then I feel there must be some reasoning. Perhaps the movement gathers energy or something.
edit on 15-7-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

We are slowly being prepared for the disclosure and that is why there is an increase in UFO sightings nowadays. They allow their ships to be seen more often now so it is not like what you think that they do not want to be seen.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

and maybe never left ,i think this should be given
some thought who knows this planet is old

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I belive that exposing ufos to us is experiments to see how we react that is why governments are not showing alot of this in main stream media.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by philware
reply to post by Nikola014

and maybe never left ,i think this should be given
some thought who knows this planet is old

^^^^^^

I would have to say it is something like the reason stated above.

They are here because they have always been here. IMO they are the link to our Ancient past and the amnesia that goes with it.

Also... some people say "why would they watch us... we are boring" ...... I couldn't disagree more.....

I would have loved to watch WW2 from space.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
No offence, but this is a pretty pointless thread.

We have no idea what goes on in an extraterrestrial being mind. Heck, we don't even know if they have minds in any way similar to ours.

We can only view the world, reality etc, through our human senses, we can only speculate how a crow or a fish thinks or feels, sure we can cut them up and tell you how their nervous systems work but we can't actually tell how they experience reality.

Asking questions like why would an alien do this or that, trying to speculate on their motivations, their reasons, is like a 3 year old speculating on what his daddy does when he leaves the house and goes to work everyday. the point being you/we don't and won't ever know until one of em lands in your yard, pops the hatch, sticks his head out and speaks in a language simple enough for your dumbass to comprehend.

new topics

top topics

join