It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Duality (Moshiach vs Armilius) (Christ vs Antichrist) (Mohammed vs Dajall)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow I haven't seen so many mod removals of posts in a while

This thread has gone down real fast hasn't it? heheh

Oh and its lovely to see certain Christians coming on here and belittling Muslims like they own the monopoly on love and such and have lived in a Muslim country or something. You watch too much tv.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Your post to me (09:44) contains several quotes from me taken from different posts, all lumped together. I am not able to see anything in this as a basis for an answer from you, as I answered different contributors on different subjects and from different directions.

I relate (albeit in an uncommon way) to two parts of the thread OP.

Quote: ["I believe that the human imagination manifests ideas in order to understand things that are evident but that have no so called pigeon hole. I feel that is what has happened through out the ages to religion.
We as humanity continually try to understand the energies around us and thus have created great stories and if you like, fantasies in order to explain away that which we intrinsically feel exists."]

And

Quote: ["As we develop as one humanity our consciousness also expands. Our way of thinking and perceiving the world continually develops and thus our understanding of it also."]

Which both are about not only paradigm shifts, but also about an actual change of how mankind's functional mindsets will take place.

Even if such a change isn't a result of occult, para-normal or super-natural agencies, it is happening, and a completely down-to-earth explanation could be, that the exponential rate of knowledge-gathering stimulates a use of dormant mind-functions.

That, and not your efforts of pro-christian argumentation, is what I see as essential on this thread.

PS I'm sorry to have to repeat it, but you have sofar ignored former information from me on this. I do not have technical possibilities of looking at videos, and in any case I'm not very enthusisatic about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Even if such a change isn't a result of occult, para-normal or super-natural agencies, it is happening, and a completely down-to-earth explanation could be, that the exponential rate of knowledge-gathering stimulates a use of dormant mind-functions.

The Bible covers what you say. It always covers the future and leaves no stone unturned.:

Daniel 12

3 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

God is clear of those who misrepresent Him:

Isaiah 50

10 Who among you fears the LORD
and obeys the word of his servant?
Let the one who walks in the dark,
who has no light,
trust in the name of the LORD
and rely on their God.
11 But now, all you who light fires
and provide yourselves with flaming torches,
go, walk in the light of your fires
and of the torches you have set ablaze.
This is what you shall receive from my hand:
You will lie down in torment.

Buddha says we light the fire we burn by. One motivates to goodness and another to destruction. Clarity is not lacking. I see myself by the same standard. We are all in this together and my words are for you, not against. God is the same.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I hope, it eventually will come across to you, that your premises of using the bible as a reference-point for 'truth' aren't valid to me. No matter how many bible-citations you send my way.

Validity of a source is a seperate process, not done through repeated circle-arguments.

edit on 16-7-2011 by bogomil because: addition and grammar

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My comments are not just for you. Others benefit from truth shining in a dark place. If that dark place is me, then the benefit still stands. The light will cast a shadow from perspective and frame of reference for all of us reading. Again, if you wish to row the boat, use oars. A rough sea makes a skilled sailor.

Originally posted by bogomil

I hope, it eventually will come across to you, that your premises of using the bible as a reference-point for 'truth' aren't valid to me. No matter how many bible-citations you send my way.

Validity of a source is a seperate process, not done through repeated circle-arguments.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

My comments are not just for you. Others benefit from truth shining in a dark place. If that dark place is me, then the benefit still stands. The light will cast a shadow from perspective and frame of reference for all of us reading. Again, if you wish to row the boat, use oars. A rough sea makes a skilled sailor.

Originally posted by bogomil

I you don't accept my answers, then don't address posts to me. I am not especially interested in being a canvass for your preachings.

Quote: ["Again, if you wish to row the boat, use oars. A rough sea makes a skilled sailor."]

And bad theist aphorisms make skilled non-theists. Geeeez.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
General comment:

If anyone is interested in returning to topic, I'm game. Otherwise I'm done here. The thread has been derailed enough as it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join