It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Interesting article from MSNBC summing up the history of this incident by discussing the various theories surrounding it. I thought it was just a comet, or meteor, but evidently it isn't that cut and dry.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

HOUSTON - A flurry of reports from Russia about the discovery of fragments of an alien spaceship at the site of the 1908 Tunguska explosion may be nothing more than wish fulfillment by devotees of a half-century-old Russian space myth, or they may actually have been based on genuine spacecraft fragments � but of Russian origin.

Yeah, but in 1908 though? Why would this make sense to anyone? I thought the space programs began in earnest in like the 1950's.

-P

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
took em close to 100 years to find something and based on god knows what, the following comments were made.

"One scientist said based on his calculations, the mass of the space object headed for Earth in 1908 was nearly 1 billion tons. He believes the meteorite was blasted by the spaceship at an altitude of 10 kilometers to prevent the destruction of all humanity on the planet.

"I am fully confident and I can make an official statement that we were saved by some forces of a superior civilization," Yuri Lavbin said. "They exploded this enormous meteorite that headed towards us with enormous speed," he said. "Now this great object that caused the meteorite to explode is found at last. We will continue our research," he added. "

this is from www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
took em close to 100 years to find something and based on god knows what, the following comments were made.

"One scientist said based on his calculations, the mass of the space object headed for Earth in 1908 was nearly 1 billion tons."

People, this is crock. If the celestial body that crashed into Earth weighed that much, the whole continent would have been wiped out. Mind that they travel at 10+ thousand mph.

The asteroid would have been roughly half a mile to a mile in diameter if this were true. That would be the extinction of human race.

The Tuguska story looks bogus. It's a very amateurish hoax.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It was a real event, but the usual explanation is that it was caused by an meteorite or comet exploding due to the shock of entering the atmosphere and the heat caused by the friction of entering the atmosphere at large speeds, like those meteorites or comets travel at (source):

It is generally accepted that the Tunguska event resulted from the catastrophic disruption of a large meteor high above the ground. Previous studies have yielded diverse interpretations as to the meteor's size, composition, velocity, and density before its arrival. Nevertheless, there is consensus that the disruption occurred 6 to 10 km above the ground, depositing approximately 15 Mtons of energy in a narrow altitude band. In a comprehensive analysis, Sekanina concluded that the body was not a comet, but rather an Apollo-type asteroid 90-190 meters across. More recent work has suggested that the object was a stony asteroid perhaps 60 meters in diameter. In contrast, Turco et al concluded that the meteor was of cometary origin with an effective density of 0.003 gm/cm3 and a diameter of 1200 meters.

An overview of the evidence for the 60m stony asteroid theory and a a good overview of the event in general can be found here:

As a meteorite slams into the atmosphere at speeds around 12 to 20 km/sec or more, it experiences a strong mechanical shock, like a diver bellyflopping into water. This can break apart stones of a certain size range, which explode instead of hitting the ground. Some of them drop brick-sized fragments on the ground, but others, such as the one that hit Siberia, may produce primarily a fireball and cloud of fine dust and tiny fragments. In 1993 researchers Chris Chyba, Paul Thomas, and Kevin Zahnle studied the Siberian explosion and concluded it was of this type -- a stone meteorite that exploded in the atmosphere. This conclusion was supported when Russian researchers found tiny stoney particles embedded in the trees at the collision site, matching the composition of common stone meteorites. The original asteroid fragment may have been roughly 50-60 meters (50-60 yards) in diameter.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by Crakeur

"One scientist said based on his calculations, the mass of the space object headed for Earth in 1908 was nearly 1 billion tons."

People, this is crock. If the celestial body that crashed into Earth weighed that much, the whole continent would have been wiped out. Mind that they travel at 10+ thousand mph.

The asteroid would have been roughly half a mile to a mile in diameter if this were true. That would be the extinction of human race.

The Tuguska story looks bogus. It's a very amateurish hoax.

On George Noory's radio show last night his guest predicted the meteor was 200 ft long.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If you search a little, there's good cause to think that it could have been Nikola Tesla at fault. Of the other theories, the only other that I think is plausible is the idea that a comet caused the explosion.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I still think the Tunguska explosion was caused from Tesla's electric gun. If you look at all the senerios and explanations of what went on - all the situations could be solved by an electric explosion.

Everything from what people saw, how the trees were knocked down in a butterfly shape, no debris until now. The rock, E.T. type thing found could have been from material solidify under intense heat.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It sounds like you can explain the butterfly shape by the specific action of the Tesla apparatus? Please do so, I'm dying to learn about that

Originally posted by nepok
I still think the Tunguska explosion was caused from Tesla's electric gun. If you look at all the senerios and explanations of what went on - all the situations could be solved by an electric explosion.

Everything from what people saw, how the trees were knocked down in a butterfly shape, no debris until now. The rock, E.T. type thing found could have been from material solidify under intense heat.

Butterfly shape was simulated in the lab by exploding a moving charge over a scale model of the forest. It could indeed be reproduced.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thought this may be of interest:

In 1900, Telsa was "playing" with his wireless transmission device and blew up the Colorado Springs Power Station's Generator...LOL...apparently they were a bit upset.

He also used to give "shows" of him literally playing with "orbs of fire" that were generated by his on-stage apparatus (very high voltage devices).

On long island, he built a 187' tower topped with a 55 ton, 68 foot metal dome. This was called Wardenclyffe. It was later dismantled by the FBI.

Tesla even "hinted" that he may have caused the Tunguska event in a letter to J.P. Morgan regarding a device that "...may be used to destroy property and life." "...I have carried out experimentally on a limited scale, created a profound impression."

Hmmm...

I suppose we'll never really know will we

Cheers

JS

PS: A very good book to read is called "The Fantastic Inventions of Nikola Tesla"...by Nikola Tesla (with added material by david Hatcher Childress)

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Or the Tunguska Event could have been the Fall of the Red Dragon.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
Dear Readers,

let me introduce myself to the readers of Science & Technology:

I am a psychic and also a scientist that usually publish in the forum of predictions & prophecies at ATS and in dreams-personal predictions at BTS.

Since the begining of 2007 my threads exhibited an unusual high level of accuracy in my predictions.

You can verify this and chk my profile at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My particular interest in the so called Tunguska incident, that his month of June is in its first centenary, is essentially in its possible connection with the fascinating psychic powers of the Chamans of the woods of Siberia and in special in the ones of Gregori E. Rasputin, the famous personage that from a common peasant became the most poserful adviser of the Tsar Nicholas II in the 1910's.

Gregori Rasputin emerged not only in the History of his country but of the WWI as the simbol of all the great contradictions of the Russian society of his time, the last of the most Ancient empire that still arrived to the XX Century, considered as the legitimate succesor of the Bizantine one.

This appearantly uneducated man was actually in his personal life the encarnation of the social drama of a great nation ruled by the so powerful nobility, the richest and more powerful in the world, living in excess and decadency of ethical values and the contrast with respect to the so low level of life of millions of plebian peasants that were the majority of the Russians in that epoch whose faith in God was almost their only support.

But how many interesting unsolved enigmas still surround the life of this powerful psychic, once known as the sorcerer of Siberia & what could be the link between his extraordinary skills and the strange event happend in Tunguska for the same epoch:

How this appearant ignorant peasant developed the tremendous hypnotic powers that gave him the control of the court life of St Petersburg?

Could the Tunguska explosion have some relationship with the misterious source of those extraordinarly skills?

What extrange presence remains in the woods of Siberia since ancient times, was it the trully origin of this misterious explosion that still deffy many scientific explanations?

Is it true the claim that Evenkia was in some way a place of contact or an astral portal between the chamans and Alien civilizations?

Could this incredible Explosion be the result of the accident that an alien spacecraft, possible moved with nuclear fuel, that happend in that isolated region?

It was really an asteroid or comet impacting the earth the cause of the explosion? if that was the case where are the material rests or evidences of this celestial body?

There is any connection between this incident and the fabled 'chuchunaa' creature that has been viewed through centuries in that same part of the Taiga for by many explorers ?

Perhaps the greatest of all these mysteries is that Rasputin became, as he himself claimed an archtype of the Imperial Russia, and in that way it is possible to realize that his tragic death, viewed in advance by him, was the begining of a chain of events that finally ended with the colapse of the so Poweful eatern Christian Empire to transform it in the most atheist tyranny of all the times.

This pretended mystic connection between his personal life and the future of Russia, is something that still remains as dogma of the separated Orthodox sects(Khlysty ) in which he studied during years at the Ural mountains.

Anyway skeptics or not about Mysticism the truth is that this Archtypic Man was chosen by God to show to the Emperor all the weaknesses and defects of his regime, a warning that unfortunately he didn't understand on time.

How attonished was for the Scientist community only few years ago the attitude of Dr Gregori Perelman, the enigmatic Russia Mathematician of the University of St Petersburg that finally successfully solved the Poincare Conjeture, a so complex challlange in that discipline for more than a century. But it was more the surprise when this same personage, that has a very Rasputian look, decided to reject the famous Field Medal and the European mathematical society prize.

The surprise perhaps roots in the fact that for many western observers it is still a huge mystery the strange traditional relationship that has in Russia the Mathematical science with the Mysticism and the esoterism, a possible continuation of the Pithagoric tradition that Russia inherit from ancient Greeks and Bizantines.

If you want to know the answers of this questions and more about Rasputin and my prediction about him, pls chk my thread about him at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

your friend,

The Angel of lightness

[edit on 6/15/2008 by The angel of light]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
[Snip]

Mod Edit: Please do not spam the forums with links to your own threads. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 1h.) Spamming. Thank you - Jak.

[edit on 16/6/08 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The angel of light

Excuse me,

I have sent a request to the administrative staff of ATS & a personal letter to Mr Simon Gray requesting revision of the way in which my last reply was retired. It is possible that there were reasons for that decission but I am not sure that the norm was correctly applied & that the corresponding action was fair.

To refer to a thread in which there is another alternative theory explained of this event is it span or snip?

thanks,

The Angel of lightness

[edit on 6/16/2008 by The angel of light]

top topics

join