It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain? ANTARCTICA JULY 14th 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Found an interesting and somewhat funny video, felt it was appropriate.

Antarctica July 14th

What are the men in the suits doing? What are they looking at ??

Im really interested in knowing what suits they are wearing??

edit on 15-7-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

They stole those suits from the Ed Wood museum lol.

Don't buy the nibiru/planet x crap, there's been too many previous predictions.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Interesting... I don't know what the first bright orb could have been, I would have said the sun if it wasn't dark out. The second body looks like the moon to me. And as it was lit from the right, or from below the horizon, I would say that the sun was going to come up from that direction at some point.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I can tell you that the object is most likely an ozone weather balloon. I work for the Australian Bureau of Meteorology, and we launch the same balloons from our three weather stations there. The reason I think it is an ozone balloon is that there is a reflection off the object and there is an instrument hanging off it.

It would move away from the frame extremely quickly due to the strength of the winds down there. I checked out the map of the station and the location of the webcam right of where the balloon filling shed is located, which would make sense considering the location of the object. I would assume the suits are protection from hydrogen which is what they use to fill the weather balloons down there, but to be honest, we dont actually wear that type of clothing when we fill ours manually.

Hope this helps a little

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

At the moment, I am not sure what the 2nd image is, but there are a couple things that need to be clear.

• He said "I happen to know that Antarctica is completely dark at this time of year." That is incorrect.
  • Antarctica is an extremely large mass of land.
  • Neumayer Station is not located precisely on the South Pole.
  • IF the sun itself, is not visible, that does not mean there is no sunlight. (look out a window before sunrise, and after sunset)
  • The first bright object that he points out, is our beautiful Moon. The camera is adjusted to night settings, which in turn causes the Moon to appear very bright.

• posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
    link   
    reply to post by OzWeatherman

It's the moon.
    Neumayer station is roughly 70.6 deg S, and 8.5 deg W.

Plug those coordinates into Stellarium and look south.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
    link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
    Found an interesting and somewhat funny video, felt it was appropriate.

Antarctica July 14th

What are the men in the suits doing? What are they looking at ??

Im really interested in knowing what suits they are wearing??

edit on 15-7-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)

The suits are definitely the most interesting thing in this vid

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
    reply to post by OzWeatherman

It's the moon.
    Neumayer station is roughly 70.6 deg S, and 8.5 deg W.

Plug those coordinates into Stellarium and look south.

Yeah I think you maybe right

It was only speculation on my part as Im not to confident with astronomical stuff. It really did look like and ozone balloon though

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
    link   
    Those suits look more like extreme weather suits.. Other then that the SUN and sun flare was all I seen and the lil shadow on the bottom of the video going left.
    edit on 7/15/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
    link   
    I believe due to there position, they would have a few hours daylight.
    This helps....

Im not sure about the object and not sure if it's either the sun glare or the moon. Where I live we have almost a full moon right now. As for it being a balloon. I'm not sure about that either.

but those suits almost look like you'd need them at Fukushima.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:56 AM
    link   

It's currently light there now.

You can see the latest webcam picture here:

www.awi.de...

Moon should come up left of screen (possibly off screen) in a few hours.

The other object is lens flare, you can watch the complete 24 hour vid on the above link too, bit clearer than the youtube video.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
    link   

If the first bright object is the sun, then what is the bright object that rises under right hand side of the Neumayer station at about 1:25 in the video and then sets at about 3:00 mins. in?

I really don't think that the first object is the sun because the secondary faint object, that looks like the moon, also appears to be illuminated from the lower right hand side which is where we see the actual sun rise and set under the station.

Doesn't really look like a weather balloon to me either but then, you have to keep in mind that I have absolutely zero experience with weather balloons. I have to admit that if it is a balloon, it could definitely be reflecting the light from the sun seen under the station. Maybe that's what the experiment was about, creating artificial daylight with balloons.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It's currently light there now.

You can see the latest webcam picture here:

www.awi.de...

Moon should come up left of screen (possibly off screen) in a few hours.

The other object is lens flare, you can watch the complete 24 hour vid on the above link too, bit clearer than the youtube video.

Anyway...... You missed my last post here...

Back to the suits... The only thing missing is oxygen tanks. Are they UV suits? What are they?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
    I really don't think that the first object is the sun because the secondary faint object, that looks like the moon, also appears to be illuminated from the lower right hand side which is where we see the actual sun rise and set under the station.

There is a full moon on the 15th.

The second object is definately not the moon.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
    link   

I definitely think that they are some sort of radiation suits for sure, U.V. or whatever. I noticed, that when the guy was kneeling, his suit was open under his arms. Definitely didn't look to be air tight, so I would assume that the suit's primary function is to reflect radiation.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
    link   
    reply to post by NuclearPaul

There's a full moon on the 15th, where? Is this information derived from a moon chart with a viewing angle originating from Antartica? Just asking.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:23 AM
    link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
    There is a full moon on the 15th.

The second object is definately not the moon.

That is because the very bright object (the 1st object that's pointed out), is the Moon.
    This rock, that we live on, only has 1 moon.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:34 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Flatfish

Here's a moon chart for McMurdo station, chart for the 14th not avail, but show july 16th....moon in full phase

www.timeanddate.com...

regarding the second item in the vid....very intriguing. My first thought with the men in suits pointing is they want us to find this camera data fromantarctica and are staging the pointing for our sake. WIthout checking, doesn't the camera take stills every 15 minutes or so? That is why I think they must have stood there quite a while pointing, so that the camera would pick up their actions.
    edit on 15-7-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
    link   
    Very interesting.
    I have no idea what the first big bright object is.
    The sun is defiantly moving behind the camera and from left to right.

Let the sequence of images enough time to load:
    www.awi.de...

you can see the camera's shadow as well as the building moves starting at 02:50 UTC (18/144)

The second object that looks like the moon, is actually a flare of the first bright object.
    You can see it starting 16:30 UTC (100/144) in FRONT of the building. Once it passes the building, it looks like a moon, but that is an optical illusion.
    edit on 15-7-2011 by gravitational because: typo

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
    link   
    Why would they be wearing radiation suits? These men are within the earths atmosphere or am I missing something here? I was thinking they wearing them because of the cold? I don't know really. But it sure does seem strange. hope we get the suits verified.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join